The online racing simulator
LFS DediLink V1.00 Final (Remote Software)
(51 posts, closed, started )
LFS DediLink V1.4 (Remote Control Software)
Hello guys !
Here comes version 1.4 Read the readme.txt file !!!
Please give me some feedbacks how do you like it or if something went wrong.
Any ideas of new implementations are also welcome

Here comes the server and client package:

[New in version 1.4 Final]
- Client/Server: Fixed a bug in the carstring function.
- Server: Added an Insim auto login option and a connection loss function.
- Client/Server: Fixed some small bugs.

[New in version 1.3 Final Fix#2 (Client only)]
- Client: Reworked TCP socket reading and sending behaviour. The DediLink Client gui
was slow and hanging caused by too much IO operations when online. It´s
working propper now.

New Feature 03.05.2006
- Client/Server: Added the Button "Upload selected profile" to configure your LFS dedicated server within 2 mouse clicks.

Version 1.3 (Final FIXED) 02.05.2006
Found a bug and fixed it ! please patch V1.3 All should working proper now. Enjoy !
Please give me a feedback how you like the new version or if something went wrong

Version 1.3 (Final) 01.05.2006
DediLink V1.3 Final is available !

New in Version 1.3 (HOTFIX) 01.05.2006
- Client: Fixed the Live! View player commands send behaviour.
- Client: Added a config profiler. Added "Get running LFS config" button.
Fixed a ListView bug.
- Server: Complete reworked broadcast editor (see pics). Now you can edit old entries, add new items and delete them. I think it is 100% more comfortable than the older version
- Server: Some small improvements to speed up the udp socket.
- Server/Client: improvements to speed up status answers on status reply.
- Server: Set the latest LFS server settings on Insim login.
- Server: Added an option menu: Set the latest server settings on Insim login "Enable/Disable".
- Server: Synchronizing some DediLink options to give some help to get it easy started.
- Server: SSL certificate file extension changed to ".cert".
Added an opendialog box to load your own SSL certificate files.
- Fixed some small bugs.

New in Version 1.2.1 Final (28.04.2006)
- All settings (Client/Server) are correctly saved and loaded on startup.
- Command /carshost added to client.
- The permissions for both groups (Admin,User) can be set and removed by a fomular. It´s not longer necessary to restart the process to apply permissions and to find out what the commands mean
- An optionsmenu. The player ban time can be set.
- Insim text filter function improved and fixed.
- The running LFS server settings will be snychronized to the client server-config dialogs.
(Please run a complete server configuration with DediLink client first).

[Updated 22.04.2006]
Version 1.2 is online !
Fixed:
Sauber BMW support.
Added Aston Grand Touring and Aston North Track.
Fixed the InSim text filter function.
Ports will be stored with the server address.

[Updated 16.04.2006]
Fixed: A playerlist bug (Client)
Added: some small improvements (Client & Server)

[Update 12.04.2006]
Fixed: SSL dll in the "stable" Version.
Client server log window update.
Some small bugs....
Added: Improvements in the InSimSync function.

The official small download area for LFS DediLink V1.4 Final:
LFS DediLink

It would be great if somebody could write a how to guide or translation in a prefered language
-
(JogDive) DELETED by JogDive : none
Great tool, works good
Quote from JogDive :Hello guys !
My software is ready for a puplic test. Read the readme.txt file !!!
Please give me some feedbacks how do you like it or if something went wrong.
Any ideas of new implementations are also welcome

Here comes the server and client package:

What does it do?
sweet!
#5 - shim
Quote from PLAYLIFE :What does it do?

lets you control your server remotly, so if you aint home and need to change a setting or one of ya team members want to change something on the server, they can do so without having to be in game..
yeeha god heard my prayer

But why didn't you post that in the development-thread? Wouldn't have noticed that you made a release if my friend did not look into the forums. ^^

EDIT: anyone got it to work through a router? My friend is running a server at home and I cant get the client to connect on his server through the router....
Awesome tool JogDive, really well made

Compact and fairly straight forward, I like it :cool:

I've posted a little news about it on LFS News also
#8 - Pasci
Really awesome tool! Congratulation works fine!

Question to JogDive
Did you give me permission to publish your tool (client & server) on the next unofficial LFS ISO?
> http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=4690 (first release)

Looking forward for your tool
Hello guys. I´m very happy about your feedbacks. I will stay in Hamburg till Friday.

Please wait for the next releases to put it on the cd. what do you mean with "unoffical" ?? please send me some details. I´will work on a multilanguage support at home soon.

Ok, stay tuned
Quote from JogDive :Please wait for the next releases to put it on the cd. what do you mean with "unoffical" ?? please send me some details. I´will work on a multilanguage support at home soon.

I will wait

"unofficial" = not supported from the devs (if anyone have troubles with the ISO should ask/write his/her question only via lfsforum.net; not to the devs of LFS). But I've got permission from the devs to publish the unmodified LFS/tool versions on the ISO.
-
(JogDive) DELETED by JogDive
-
(JogDive) DELETED by JogDive
Ok, Pasci. The software is ready to put it on cd. I finished Version 1.01 today.
A friend of me who made a classA workaround for this app wrote a small download page. Please read the the updated first post of this thread for more information
Quote from Tanuva :...anyone got it to work through a router? My friend is running a server at home and I cant get the client to connect on his server through the router....

Also having MAJOR problems getting it running through a router...
My LFS Dedicated sever is in a different room from my main game box, and whenever I want to access it. I have to either log into LFS and use the command line functions or go into the other room and access the command line functions!
This tool would have been the answer to my prayers...IF it worked!

Before you ask, I HAVE set up the firewall and the port-forwarding on the router for the relevant ports/addresses, but STILL not got it to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..(and not just by me, I would imagine!)
Me is using the server/client through a firewall during the whole development phase. nearly everybody of my beta testers used a router. Who is not using a router in the wild ?? Please don´t blame network problems on my programm.

If you want a troubleshooting, why don´t u post the type of router, the software running on it and some paramaters from your net...net configof hosts/router...dedilink error messages..and so on ??

Please give me response to my questions and i will have a look. Did you followed all steps in the server readme ?
Attached images
throughArouter.PNG
Quote from JogDive :Did you followed all steps in the server readme ?

Yea know, I really don't like that server read me, and the second I learn how to install this program for myself I will make a [NOOB GUIDE] (I'm world famous for that, just look at the AMX forums) for your program.
Thank you Dygear !
Version 1.2 is online !

Fixed:
Sauber BMW support.
Added Aston Grand Touring and Aston North Track.
Fixed the InSim text filter function.
Ports will be entered and stored with the server address.

Edit: Found a bug and fixed it in version 1.2. please download version 1.2 again if you installed it!
Hey Dygear, please have a look at the new DediLink Final
A Hotfix is available for Version 1.3 ! please patch the server and client again.

The Version number on the homepage is not up to date !
New in Version 1.3 (Client HOTFIX) 01.05.2006
- Client: Fixed a mouse over event bug.
Please patch the client only.
Version 1.3 (Final) 01.05.2006
DediLink V1.3 Final is available !
Found a bug and fixed it ! please patch V1.3 All should working proper now. Enjoy !

Please give me a feedback how you like the new version or if something went wrong
New Feature 03.05.2006
- Client/Server: Added the Button "Upload selected profile" to configure your LFS dedicated server within 2 mouse clicks.
[New in version 1.3 Final Fix#2 (Client only)]
- Client: Reworked TCP socket reading and sending behaviour. The DediLink Client gui
working propper now.
Quote from JogDive : [New in version 1.3 Final Fix#2 (Client only)]
working propper now.

Thanks for your great work!

But I have also little problems: :-)
If I use the "Refresh config" button on the tab page "Basic" I've got "Error getting server status". If I push the button on the tab "Advanced", refresh works fine?!
-> I should read the complete readme! Sorry! Everything okay - possible you can modify error message in somethin like "please connect the server also via insim to dedi host!"

A little GUI bug (possible a problem with the WinXP Design):
The message box is a little bit to small when the client is uploading the new configuration. (-> screenshot)

Really great work!
Attached images
clientupload.gif
This thread is closed

LFS DediLink V1.00 Final (Remote Software)
(51 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG