The online racing simulator
Redirected Brake Stand Discussion
Quote from Ball Bearing Turbo :Just to be clear I'm not saying that there isn't a problem at all with the longitudinal tire grip... Just that it never seemed to affect me in such a way as you're describing, I rarely had an issue doing a proper brake stand. Mostly in the XRT and the GTR version of the car.

I always used a manual clutch as well of course.

Ive managed to do brake stands while using a keyboard. You do need lots of grunt though.

@DragonCommando - And turn ABS off if you are running a patch which has it (maybe itll help in your case).

EDIT: Yes, I did realize youre not the one having the problem, I was just agreeing with you...
So Im going to clarify my post a bit.
I think you misread; I'm not the person(s) having problems with it...

Edit: Ah ok sorry
About the brake stand:
XRT Hard Track, 95% front brake bala - can't stand.
XRR Race_S - stand with ease.
And 2 extra sprs ~
Attached files
XRT.spr - 2.4 KB - 305 views
XRR.spr - 2.9 KB - 320 views
Keling Lan_BL3_FXO.spr - 2.3 KB - 313 views
Keling Lan_BL3_MRT.spr - 2.3 KB - 281 views
i just tried the brake standing, and if you are trying it on blackwood that is the problem...the hill is the problem

if it is flat ground then you are all set
Check this 50:50 weight dist XFR, standing with ease.
Only road tyres have the brake stand problem, slicks are fine.
Attached files
Balanced XFR.spr - 4.3 KB - 318 views
what patch are you guys using? where?
95% to the front? that's 15% more than stock for most cars. standard brake balance for a road car is usualy 80% forward.

Also, I did all my brake stands in the car park, and they both still slid across. I burned the rear tyres completely, they blew out, but the fronts always stay locked and slide.

what I'm saying is, on stock settings for the car, the front tyres shoulden't slide while locked like that.

I wish I had a replay, but I can't set up my wheel right now.

Edit: just re-read, I don't think brake balance has anything to do with it at all, if you coulden't do it at 95% and I can't at 80% then even if I set it to 100% forward it woulden't make a difference. It's not the brakes, it's the tyres.
Quote from DragonCommando :Edit: just re-read, I don't think brake balance has anything to do with it at all, if you coulden't do it at 95% and I can't at 80% then even if I set it to 100% forward it woulden't make a difference. It's not the brakes, it's the tyres.

Correct, it's the tyres. More pressure and/or more (doesn't matter if positive or negative as long as it results in a smaller contact patch) camber on the rear and you'll have no problems with brake stands
Quote from DragonCommando :

Edit: just re-read, I don't think brake balance has anything to do with it at all, if you coulden't do it at 95% and I can't at 80% then even if I set it to 100% forward it woulden't make a difference. It's not the brakes, it's the tyres.

Did you not watch my replays? I was able to brake stand. I did not use some special setup and the brakes were set to 80%. I don't know what you are going on about. I cant begin to understand how the other guy was not able to brake stand when I can, and have been able to since patch U.
should we create another thread about this this is a major hi-jack.

the person who can do the brake-stand are you using your own set, or the default? did you change anything on it? send a video if you can, also tell us the camber front to rear, the brake bias, the car and tire pressure if you dont mind
Quote from logitekg25 :should we create another thread about this this is a major hi-jack.

the person who can do the brake-stand are you using your own set, or the default? did you change anything on it? send a video if you can, also tell us the camber front to rear, the brake bias, the car and tire pressure if you dont mind

Yes we should be on one that already exists.

Quote from legoflamb :I was too lazy to search for an existing discussion so please post here instead of in the tire update thread.

-
Redirected Brake Stand Discussion (legoflamb) DELETED by Victor : redundant
On patch 0.5Z13 Turbo cars seem to do it the best... the rest are sort of hit and miss for me and my keyboard (FZ50 was pretty crappy at it to my surprise).

All of the RWD turbo cars will do it with the provided RACE_S settings (FXO needs a few changes ) though the XR GT Turbo might try to slide a bit with colder tires.

So, just to confirm what Keling said, its probably the tires that mostly cause the problem.
Yeah, it has to be the tires, but what I don't understand is how I was able to brake stand and someone else was not able to do it
fresh install bog standard race s perfectly flat surface and guess what happens

now i do realise that low speed tyre physics are a bit of a problem in general and im not exactly bothered that lfs hasnt got it quite right yet so this is just to illustrate that it can indeed be a problem
Attached files
#lfs shot_BL3_XRT.spr - 5 KB - 306 views
Quote from logitekg25 :should we create another thread about this this is a major hi-jack.

Here is a new set of spr.'s and the setups I used the bias is set to 74%.

There is nothing special about this setup it is the same set I use for drifting.

Edit: The peripherals I used was mouse and keyboard with manual button clutch.
Proof: press n for the connections list on the replay and you will see a "M" on the far right after my name.

I also added two more spr.'s with the same set at the car park.

Edit: I just tried the RACE_S setup... there is something wrong with it. I don't understand what it is. I have tweeked my setups to use the same gearing, the same tire pressure, and the same brake bias and I can not recreate it. But when I use the RACE_S setup it will not brake stand.

The only time I have ever used the RACE_S set was when I first got the game. And I only used it on the first outing.
Attached files
Brake Stand 74% normal.spr - 13.9 KB - 315 views
Brake Stand 74% super.spr - 9.6 KB - 282 views
XRT_Brake stand.set - 132 B - 1017 views
XRT_Brake Stand Sup.set - 132 B - 1043 views
74%n car park.spr - 6.9 KB - 275 views
74%s car park.spr - 4.7 KB - 298 views
Maybe its because of the go-fast decals dawg... :P

Yeah, thats pretty peculiar.
Quote from legoflamb :Edit: I just tried the RACE_S setup... there is something wrong with it. I don't understand what it is. I have tweeked my setups to use the same gearing, the same tire pressure, and the same brake bias and I can not recreate it. But when I use the RACE_S setup it will not brake stand.

What about camber and suspension (stiffness and damping in particular)?
Quote from Shotglass :fresh install bog standard race s perfectly flat surface and guess what happens

now i do realise that low speed tyre physics are a bit of a problem in general and im not exactly bothered that lfs hasnt got it quite right yet so this is just to illustrate that it can indeed be a problem

I havent installed this patch so I cant see it, but I must say I was rather amazed of how the car is bahaving in details while standing on two diagonal wheels with one one steep Kyoto turn and the other on flat and balancing.

If the thread is about the new patch physics then forget it - Im on 0.5Z
Quote from dumbass0 :Maybe its because of the go-fast decals dawg... :P

Yeah, thats pretty peculiar.

yeah that is got to be it.

Quote from morpha :What about camber and suspension (stiffness and damping in particular)?

No I didn't.My setup has more camber in the front, but the RACE_S setup has less camber in the rear. As for the suspension, the RACE_S set has softer rear springs and dampers than the front compared to my setup. I'll have to try that out.

Maybe this will all get resolved after the next patch. That might be the case if the unloaded tires still in contact with the road will have more grip than before.

Edit:
Quote from AndRand :I havent installed this patch so I cant see it, but I must say I was rather amazed of how the car is bahaving in details while standing on two diagonal wheels with one one steep Kyoto turn and the other on flat and balancing.

If the thread is about the new patch physics then forget it - Im on 0.5Z

There is nothing different in the physics and other than the ABS and shadows, or that is what I think anyway.
Look forword to the next patch where default sets will be more realistic. ( and the tyre physics changes )

Quote from DragonCommando :...

I set brake bala to 95% because when I was using default bala the engine dead.
Someone try it with Bob's roadgoing setup, since most roadgoing cars don't use racing setups.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG