The online racing simulator
New sim..X-Motor Racing.
(43 posts, started )
New sim..X-Motor Racing.
Found this when i was browsing for racing sims,but it seems that this is in it´s first stages of development kinda like LFS in 2003.

It has demo but i haven´t downloaded it yet.So has anyone seen this and tested ?
Linkage for the lazy...

http://www.xmotorracing.com/index.html

EDIT: Just tried the demo, it's not terrible but I got torque steer in a rear wheel drive car, at least that's what it seemed to be, I was sideways, planted the throttle and understeered off...somehow. You can't do proper doughnuts either, the car just suddenly finds grip and speeds off, even on grass.
1999 called, they say they want their graphics back.

More seriously, I guess this is in early stage of development? If so, then it'll be interesting to see how it ends up. To me, even if a game had perfect, and I mean really perfect physics, and that kind of graphics, I would get no fun from it.
Quote from boosterfire :1999 called, they say they want their graphics back.

More seriously, I guess this is in early stage of development? If so, then it'll be interesting to see how it ends up. To me, even if a game had perfect, and I mean really perfect physics, and that kind of graphics, I would get no fun from it.

I would, the graphics are not an issue for me, early S1 graphics were pretty damn awful.
#5 - bbman
It came up once or twice already, but no biggie - it's not as if the game was is or will be leaving its mark in the sim genre imo...

Last time I tried it half a year ago, I got lift-off oversteer in the Cayman - and as it turned out, it was the only way to corner with that thing... Driving was quite painful - I basically got a slideshow of me driving and my rig is no slouch...

To top it all off, I really can't take a self-proclaimed sim seriously that has dedicated physics-files for racing, drifting and off-roading...
Tried this waaaay back when it made its first appearance here on the forums and... it was a pile of garbage.

Obviously I haven't tried it since then and I suppose the input handling, performance and especially physics have at least improved somewhat (steering wheel had a friggin' non-removable deadzone at the centre back then), but I think the guy behind this spends too much time adding badly optimized graphics features and "tweaking" the physics rather than doing proper research and creating a model that works reasonably well if you put in the correct non-imaginary numbers.

If you watch the 2nd video on the website you'll see him "tweaking" the physics of this MRT looking car - while the game hilariously runs at about 3-4 fps. Now this might be due to video recording and not the way he does stuff normally, but I suspect that's how most physics development is accomplished in that game. The presence of, as already mentioned, several physics files for racing, drifting, etc. heavily suggests that it's mostly of a "pull slider till it feels right" kinda approach and that neither of those physics work correct (as he wouldn't need multiple then).

I don't want to diss the effort but I can't see this become a serious racing simulator anytime soon, if ever.
I think I rember coming across this game too about the same time I came across LFS, like.. a long time ago, it was.. BEYOND terrible.

The graphics.. look cheesy lol but, looking at the pictures of it, I do love the telemetry on graphs! Would be nice to have some stuff like that in LFS.. (suspension travel kinda stuff)
lol on low graphics, lfs looks MUCH MUCH better than this, and...
the lfs demo is a full 5 star racing game compared to this game...
Im downlaoding demo to see what its like
downloaded demo, sucked, deleted off HDD
looks like the games come forward quite a bit but still a long way to go ( like lfs and most every other sim out their )
Seems they update it quite frequently, by the look of their front page.
Anyone have a lisence and have some thoughts about the latest version?
Quote from The Very End :Seems they update it quite frequently, by the look of their front page.
Anyone have a lisence and have some thoughts about the latest version?

The content increased alot, with nice new cars, the BMW, 2 Nissans, a Lambo, and som nice track conversions.

Physics are different from the rest of the genre. Not sure where to put the finger, in some way is more natural, easier to control, but can't say its closer to reality or not.
If more people would invest their time to tweak the rather open pysics model, I'm sure the game will improve exponentially.

FFB is good imo, not rF2, but not that mathematical and elastic as LFS. Still a bit numb.

Graphics, you can all see, for an indie is outstanding, compared to the big names not that much.

Netcode, still in fast development but so far the weakest point.

The developer is dedicated and as helpful as he can be.
All those outdated cars are cute etc, but how about the physics?
#18 - JJ72
someone is having a field day with FM4 models.....
Quote from JJ72 :someone is having a field day with FM4 models.....

That's why the models look so dodgy.

Too bad the physics of this game still a joke.
X-Motor Racing (Personal license) $ 50
what a shame, thought it was free
50 dollar? Holy shit.
If this game is the new standard of physics I don't want to live on this planet anymore.
1997 wants its track textures back....
Because LFS has real advanced graphics But I agree it seemed pretty lowres.
Is there some videos of the latest build? Hard to judge out
From screenshots.

New sim..X-Motor Racing.
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG