Yes, Sure!
[Eargend] A sign which should be banned in LiveForSpeed
Hey guys i think i dont need to say much about the sign:
Attached images
NotGood.JPG
Yes, Sure it should be banned in LFS..

cuz i h8 this time with this sign.
#3 - senn
IIRC it's a chinese luck symbol, not just a symbol of the third reich.

Sorry if i am incorrect about the chinese meaning of the symbol
The swatsika has no place in the world IMO, despite the fact that it was a buddhist sign of peace before the war, until the nazi's used it, and that is sadly what it will forever be associated with, WW2

Why would any normal person want to use it anyway?
Jesus Christ, stop being so friggin' anal about stuff! **** people, you all must live pretty sheltered lives or something
Well i think pretty much everyone knows what it stands for, or should i say mainly is remembered for, who wants to associate themselves with that??
#7 - Bean0
oh noes. a symbol abused by some narcissistic megalomaniac is in my favourite game. ban it plz.

just a sign just like every other one. of course, the historical background makes it known and its use problematic. in my eyes that's not a reason to remove it from the symbol or character set though.

if you would not have created this thread i would not even know the swastika is included in the charset of lfs - although i am from the bad nazi country.

aren't there real problems in your life?
yep, should be removed for political correctness. edit: provided a major part of the players are german...

...but as it's no game made in germany it doesn't have to of course!
Quote from danthebangerboy :until the nazi's used it, and that is sadly what it will forever be associated with, WW2

No see that's just ignorance is what that is, if someone thinks of it that way, then they're doing it wrong.

Oh god, of course political correctness!
PC is the dumbest thing in the world, you know.. what happened to the world the last 9 years, in the 90s it wasn't like this, in the 80s it sure wasn't, 70s.. getting colder, 60s who cared? 50s being polite was normal, but even then there was no such thing as PC...
Stop being so funny about it you cant block something out which has happened, they wouldnt have let it inside the game if it was that bad:bananadea
Ignorant thread, that is not a Swastika and it's in no way racist. You might as well start a thread trying to ban the letter "X".
So it's OK to use those symbol in chat then, but when some guy uploaded a skin with them on he got reported for it, which seems to me that some people don't like it.
Quote from danthebangerboy :So it's OK to use those symbol in chat then, but when some guy uploaded a skin with them on he got reported for it, which seems to me that some people don't like it.

It's not a Swastika, end of story. If people complain about it then they are just proving their own ignorance.
While we're at it, I think we should ban the characters N, R, 3 and the colour red too.
Quote from Crashgate3 :While we're at it, I think we should ban the characters N, R, 3 and the colour red too.

Don't forget B and P, we can't have people saying BNP on public servers.
Aha, good point.

/runs away. :hide:
#22 - 5haz
T'is a fairly safe bet that 99% of the LFS community didn't know that symbol was there until you showed everyone.
Thats right.. i might never report some things again..
But why the hell every idiot runs to devs if this sign is on a skin?!...
thats just childish as hell waht ur doing..

I'm offended by the first attached symbol because I associate it with the racism of the KKK. I'm offended by the second symbol because it looks a little bit like a breast. Ban them please.

...no, not really
Attached images
symbols.jpg
- The symbol has valid uses. It is not exclusive to anything. Different things mean differently for different people.

- Censorship is authoritarian and oppressive.

- Political correctness can become non-thinking, authoritarian and oppressive.

- No one has a legal right not to feel offended.
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG