The online racing simulator
More Tracks...
(30 posts, started )
More Tracks...
I think the sim is very nice. I would really like to see more tracks. Plain and simple. There have been many suggestions, short ovals, dirt ovals, etc. I think some good dirt tracks and a Sprint Car would be great. But really, all I want is more tracks.

A Simple Guy

Jeff
'SprintCar'
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
#3 - Lible
More tracks? Imagine how much different servers...
Quote from Lible :More tracks? Imagine how much different servers...

good point

can be very frustrating now when there isn't a server running a track you like

i know its good for you to race tracks you dont like but if your just after a quick blast or trying to learn a car on a track you know well it can be frustrating when you cant get a race, imagine the extra permutations of cars and tracks in s3, could be a whole week before you see what you want.

on other hand having watched some racing on motors this week i would like to see a short tarmac oval as it appears to be very busy with no rest time
#5 - Vain
I believe there are still a lot of tracks missing, and they have been discussed often enough. That means the devs already know about our wishlist.

Vain
Quote from Lible :More tracks? Imagine how much different servers...

More different servers = more different racing. Of course having millions of shi**y tracks won't do any good, but come on...

I just can't see your point. So you don't want more tracks just because there would be more different servers runing different configs? I can't see how anyone would agree with you.

If the quality is kept high there is no reason why there shouldn't be more tracks in LFS.
I would love to see a track thats between 12 - 14 miles long with lots of corners with a long straight section. Im not asking For nurburgring but a track that would be just as twisty and fun to drive.
#8 - Vain
You're not asking for the nordschleife but I am.

Vain
#9 - axus
I'm asking for the Nordeschlife too... and Laguna Seca. Oh, oh and Spa and Silverstone... and Shanghi, Sepang, Suzuka, Istanbul and Hockenheim... oh and look - we have only one person making tracks and cars. More tracks would go down nicely indeed though. First Fern Bay must be fixed up and South City must be retextured IMO. Not to mention the addition of environment to Westhill and Aston - Westhill especially feels a bit empty. And one must remember that these are made-up tracks so they probably take longer to make than using referance pictures.
Well there are at least one pit area not being used at Aston, so I bet there will be at least one more layout there in the future. And it has been suggested that Kyoto could have a really long layout if we could get the National and GP layouts combined into one.
I would like to see more tracks and and track locations in the future, but for me this is secondary. It's more important to get the cars physics and damage finished first.
I figured as much....
I did a search for more tracks. Didn't see the heading I was looking for. Perhaps more than just more tracks I would like to see something like rotating tracks/cars. Like first person shooting games.

Keep things fresh and keep from having the one guy that has this track/car combo figured out to perfection and just keeps running the table.

I liked the old Grand Prix Legends game with the LOADS of add on tracks. Lots of fun.

My nickle. Jeff
#12 - Woz
I just hope that once they open up LFS for modding after S3 either the devs or the community can come up with a way to control tracks and updates to them. My experience of rFactor to date has put me off modding for the moment.

The down sides I see are

- Loads of stuff released then updated and updated with no way to keep track of which verion of the add on data you are using or what version the server is using etc.
- No way to look for updates without going to all the download locations.
- Loads of very poor quality work with bugs, massive slowdown etc etc
- Team "A" release a mod then team "B" say the physics are crap release another version with tweaked physics, which does the community use?.

When moddding is done for LFS I think there should be a common install tool made and update tracking in LFS. There should also be a site that links to all mods and has the community rating of the mod so you know the pointless crap before you download.

For the time being I think we have enough tracks when you take all the combinations and reverse options into account.

And as for new tracks in S3 I think point A-B type tracks should be next. We have enough circuit tracks but a hill climb dust and road one, dirt oval and a long track like the ring or the Isle of Man TT track.

There is one race track I would love to see though and that is Bathurst
Quote from NaBUru38 :It's easy, every month three tracks are added to the official LFS servers.

More cars and more tracks will mean more drivers. Although I'm not sure about the drivers per track ratio... Anyway, in 2008 many 2004s will have gotten bored of Blackwood...

And we need more twisty layouts (something like the Tour de Corse), more rallycross circuits, and of course ice tracks.

Meh I will never get bored of Blackwood.
Well, perhaps I was wrong....
It seems there are some issue with the physics and more tracks is certainly less important than the physics.

My mistake.

Jeff
#15 - Vain
Physics-development and more tracks are not mutually exclusive. Remember, it's not a one-man-team.

Vain
GT test track
hello..

In Gran Turismo 3 there is a test track wich is really fun to drive..
it has all sorts of curves on it (90 degree, chicanes, hairpins, long fast turns and so on) plus it has a really long straight..
this track would be great for testing setups, plus i believe that it would be a very fun track to race

just an idea..
Before asking for more tracks look at your stats and see how many you havent raced
#18 - Jakg
Quote from NaBUru38 :It's easy, every month three tracks are added to the official LFS servers.

More cars and more tracks will mean more drivers. Although I'm not sure about the drivers per track ratio... Anyway, in 2008 many 2004s will have gotten bored of Blackwood...

And we need more twisty layouts (something like the Tour de Corse), more rallycross circuits, and of course ice tracks.

then get S2!
Quote :--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to see a track thats between 12 - 14 miles long with lots of corners with a long straight section. Im not asking For nurburgring but a track that would be just as twisty and fun to drive

U want the nurburgring.
Valid point. But autocross has no draw, nor does drifting or drag racing. I race new tracks whenever there is a server with more than 3 cars.

That in mind, there seems to be more people on the demo servers. Demo is important, but perhaps it it too good?
Full throttle twisty sections serve only to make a strait on which overtaking is dangerous, there really isn't much point to a bend unless it makes the driver do some thinking. On a track with proper straits at least you can go side by side for several corners when battling another car, twisty straits ruin that.
Stop asking for "Nordschleife type track". It wouldn't be interesting just because it wouldn't be the real 'Ring.
Quote from deggis :Stop asking for "Nordschleife type track". It wouldn't be interesting just because it wouldn't be the real 'Ring.

Good fun for hotlapping, but terrible for the vast majority of players who just want short races. It's definately an endurance circuit, as passing or racing closely would be very very hard. I doubt that most players could really cope tbh.
#24 - Vain
Well looking at various tourist-traffic Nordschleifen-vids I come to the assumption that most people can cope with it. Even without much practice.
When looking at the videos I believe one can capture the spirit of the track and do a similar one that doesn't have the "green hell"-bonus, but'd prove difficult enough nevertheless.
I love it how a 200hp car can easily keep up to a 400hp car in big parts of the track even though both drivers get the best out of their cars.

The 'Ring is completely different from all other tracks we have in LFS. There really isn't anything comparable to it. That's why so many people ask for it.

Vain
Quote from Vain :Well looking at various tourist-traffic Nordschleifen-vids I come to the assumption that most people can cope with it. Even without much practice.
When looking at the videos I believe one can capture the spirit of the track and do a similar one that doesn't have the "green hell"-bonus, but'd prove difficult enough nevertheless.
I love it how a 200hp car can easily keep up to a 400hp car in big parts of the track even though both drivers get the best out of their cars.

The 'Ring is completely different from all other tracks we have in LFS. There really isn't anything comparable to it. That's why so many people ask for it.

Vain

Many people write there cars off at the ring. The reason most people seem to cope with it is because they aren't trying as hard as they would in a game because they don't have the return to pits option. You can easily see this when you watch a fast lap and the guy/girl is flying past others.

Keiran

More Tracks...
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG