The online racing simulator
#1 - vane
DFGT Scroll Wheel control application WIP
I do not at the moment need help, i just wanted to document my work. I am currently coding an application which will harness the scroll wheel of my recently got DFGT steering wheel. I intend to use a client side insim application to show 'buttons' on the lfs screen which scroll with the scroll wheel, allowing control of applications such as windows media player(while inside lfs) and i have to say i am qute excited!

Let me know what you think!
Peter

P.S this app would be useable on any controller as long as it has 3+ spare buttons
#2 - vane
I am using this site as a reference for detecting the Controller buttons but when i try and use:

Quote : bool buttonA = buttons[0] >= 128;

It says there is nothing in the context called 'Buttons'

Can Anyone Help?
#3 - Silox
I have no experience with buttons and stuff in C, but in VB you have something called KeyPress. Maybe you can find your way out with this?
#4 - vane
I have found that out and no longer need help on that

I have a Concept program for all you DFGT owners to try out, sorry but it will not work on anything else, unless it has more than 18 buttons (The scrolling action works on buttons 17 and 18)

What do you think?
Attached files
Scroll Wheel Project.zip - 4.7 KB - 258 views
#5 - vane
Are people getting a debugging error when they download that?
#6 - vane
I take it the DFGT isn't a very popular wheel...
The number of people that look at the programmers forum is fairly small. You could get more coverage if you make a thread in the unofficial addons subforum. Failing that a mod can always split this thread up a tad and place the relevant sections into the right places. Let us know if you want that.
#8 - vane
Good idea AA, i'll do that!
i had created a script in AHK in which button presses would corrispond to shortcut/hotkeys set up for a media player that worked pretty well, just had to make sure the keys didn't conflct with the game.

an overlay would be cool. i have a multi monitor setup so i didn't need any type of an overlay because i could just glance over to my right.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG