The online racing simulator
Car reset = /canreset=
(22 posts, started )
Car reset = /canreset=
I would like to share my suggestion about this command in Live for Speed.

I dont know if you remember the patch U or V where the car resetting worked like : It didnt repair the car, just put it back on its wheels.
Well , so i would like to suggest a 3rd option to this command and make it look like.
/canreset=0 - The Car Resetting is not allowed
/canreset=1 - It puts the car back on 4 wheels
/canreset=2 - It puts the car back on 4 wheels and repair the whole car and tires.

I hope it an useful suggestion.
Regards - WarLock
+1
#3 - G!NhO
+2
#8 - G!NhO
Quote from anbiddulph :he is talking about car reset, not pitstops

That suggestion was made further down in the thread.
Made or not before. I like it. +52366
It's like it is now to encourage people to use the most realistic mode for racing. The mode where you can reset is mainly meant for practicing. Basically the devs want this game to have realistic-as-possible mode for racing and another mode for practicing, nothing in between.

Good choice in my opinion. Having a middle ground would most likely mean that most servers would use it instead of the most realistic option. Sometimes you just have to shove people to the right way, otherwise they will go where the fence is the lowest.
Quote from geeman1 :It's like it is now to encourage people to use the most realistic mode for racing. The mode where you can reset is mainly meant for practicing. Basically the devs want this game to have realistic-as-possible mode for racing and another mode for practicing, nothing in between.

Good choice in my opinion. Having a middle ground would most likely mean that most servers would use it instead of the most realistic option. Sometimes you just have to shove people to the right way, otherwise they will go where the fence is the lowest.

Look in the future, if there will be a rally pack, this will be so useful. Its like the spectators help out the cars to get back on the road Sounds better ye?
Quote from Kristi :Look in the future, if there will be a rally pack, this will be so useful. Its like the spectators help out the cars to get back on the road Sounds better ye?

Right, just like in Richards Burns Rally.
+999 on this
Oh, this would be great. I wouldn't have to deal with idiots screaming into the chat "HELP!!!1! SOMEONE FLIP ME"
+10000
As much as I like this, this middle option probably isn't coming back. I don't remember how long ago but it used to be like this. The devs changed to what we currently have for the reasons geeman1 stated.
Its a nice Idea but as said above, the dev want to make it relistic. and correctly if im wrong in normal motor racing (aka wtcc) if a car flips on to its roof. it cannot continue the race (unless its banner racing where its a different story) and are classed as retired from the race round.
#17 - Byku
Quote from geeman1 :It's like it is now to encourage people to use the most realistic mode for racing. The mode where you can reset is mainly meant for practicing. Basically the devs want this game to have realistic-as-possible mode for racing and another mode for practicing, nothing in between.

.... but what about MRT? It's lack of reverse is annoying, and in real life I could(propably? ^^) get out and push it a little . Now in LFS it also repairs damage :/.
I can say the same again.

Quote from Kristi :Look in the future, if there will be a rally pack, this will be so useful. Its like the spectators help out the cars to get back on the road Sounds better ye?

Quote from Byku :.... but what about MRT? It's lack of reverse is annoying, and in real life I could(propably? ^^) get out and push it a little . Now in LFS it also repairs damage :/.

Are you allowed to get out of the car and push it in FSAE?
Anyway the simple solution is to not make mistakes and not get your MRT stuck

About the rally pack: Yeah, it would make sense that if the spectators could get the car back the right way. But even then a simple 'reset' wouldn't be enough. The spectators would have to be animated and it would take a while for them to get your car turned. Also if you would crash somewhere where there no spectators near or the spectators would be girls (or girly men) they wouldn't be able to help you.
Quote from geeman1 :Are you allowed to get out of the car and push it in FSAE?
Anyway the simple solution is to not make mistakes and not get your MRT stuck

About the rally pack: Yeah, it would make sense that if the spectators could get the car back the right way. But even then a simple 'reset' wouldn't be enough. The spectators would have to be animated and it would take a while for them to get your car turned. Also if you would crash somewhere where there no spectators near or the spectators would be girls (or girly men) they wouldn't be able to help you.

Would you stop complicating and think about more simple things ?
Quote from Kristi :Would you stop complicating and think about more simple things ?

Quote from geeman1 :Anyway the simple solution is to not make mistakes and not get your car stuck

That's my simple solution.
Of course, getting-off is not allowed in FSAE. In fact, it's almost meaningless in FSAE races because that will cost you too much time. But when people use MRTs in a endurance, it's reasonable.
Currently, admins can use layout objects to push stucked cars back to the road. But resetting (with out fixing) would be good if there's no admin in the server. Resetting should take some time, you're not allowed to go till several (may be a lot) seconds later.
In real life, many races allow pushing when a car gets stucked in the sand.

Car reset = /canreset=
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG