The online racing simulator
#1 - oli17
gcse ocr resistant materials
anyone else doing this? i have to research "garden hand tools" for the exam, has anyone found any good websites for this?
Has Ghino been mentoring you or something?
#3 - oli17
huh?
#4 - J@tko
#6 - G!NhO
Quote from boothy :Has Ghino been mentoring you or something?

WTF? lol

Yes this "new" guy does create alot of threads, but i don't.
-
(DevilDare) DELETED by DevilDare
#8 - oli17
thanks for the help
#9 - G!NhO
LINK

You create way too many threads lol.
i need to know about single and interchangable tools, materials used, construction, ergonomics, use, function and features.

those just tell you how much they cost, i need more detail
I don't know what OCR means, and I think resistant materials is a silly name for a 'subject'. All materials are, to a greater or lesser degree, resistant...

Most of materials is common sense if you've learnt vaguely what properties each material type has, and quite possibly each sub-material within that type. e.g. steels are strong and cheap, but quite heavy and not very corrosion resistant (very, very, very loosely of course), whilst plastics are light, semi-expensive, corrosion resistant, not hugely strong but are easily mouldable.

You then put this basic knowledge together to work out what materials are used where - garden spades have metal working areas with plastic handles. The metal bits are probably cast (cheap in mass production where low tolerances are required), whilst the handle will be injection moulded (probably) in two parts bonded over the other end of the metal (or the metal is dipped to form a thick, plastic coating over the metal itself). Ergonomics - you make it so that the spade fits your hand and doesn't give people blisters or splinters or cramp.... It really is basic common sense once you've read the first couple of chapters of your materials books.

You NEVER need to visit a website for GCSE or A-Level.
Quote from oli17 :i need to know about single and interchangable tools, materials used, construction, ergonomics, use, function and features.

those just tell you how much they cost, i need more detail

google is your friend.....
do you know, i hadn't thought of that, it's so simple! now when i type in "garden hand tools", it comes up with everything exactly specific to my exam, rather than just sites selling hand tools! wow, you're so helpful!
Ok..........what the **** do you want to know about garden hand tools!?

You can use them in the garden to dig in your sand, what else do you need to know...
read what i've already posted......
Quote from oli17 :do you know, i hadn't thought of that, it's so simple! now when i type in "garden hand tools", it comes up with everything exactly specific to my exam, rather than just sites selling hand tools! wow, you're so helpful!

Is that sarcastic? I can't tell.
do you think i'd post here before searching on google?
Quote from oli17 :do you know, i hadn't thought of that, it's so simple! now when i type in "garden hand tools", it comes up with everything exactly specific to my exam, rather than just sites selling hand tools! wow, you're so helpful!

jesus christ man how clueless are you? Try being a little bit more specific in your searches instead of searching for somethign that will OBVIOUSLY bring up all sorts of crap results

Oh, and obviously, we know all about doing GCSE's in gardening, so we have the pages in store with exact info specific to your exam, but we are just not giving them to you. Instead we're just giggling quietly.
Sorry for the caps, but...

GO TO A FREAKIN' LIBRARY! READ SOME BOOKS! STOP RELYING ON THE FECKIN' INTERNET BECAUSE YOU ARE TOO BONE IDLE/STUPID (delete as applicable) TO PAY ATTENTION IN CLASS!
Quote from tristancliffe :Sorry for the caps, but...

GO TO A FREAKIN' LIBRARY! READ SOME BOOKS! STOP RELYING ON THE FECKIN' INTERNET BECAUSE YOU ARE TOO BONE IDLE/STUPID (delete as applicable) TO PAY ATTENTION IN CLASS!

it's quite funny, to start with, you wrote a fairly long and helpful post, then the second you realised everyone was having a go at me, you decided to jump on the bandwagon and insult me. strange...
It's quite funny. I wrote a longer email giving you vague advice, and informing you how easy it would be to find everything you need to know without resorting to the internet. Then you ignore it, and demand people give links to websites. So I made it even simpler for you and wrote it in capital letters.

If you don't want to learn then don't bother. If you do then go to a library or a bookshop and get some books on the subject. You should have some school textbooks (either supplied or on the reading list) that will have EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW to pass your exam.

There is no bandwagon jumping going on. Just a lack of patience with someone who thinks Google is the way to pass the easiest exams you'll ever take.
I found a nice way comparing school books with other things in life.

School books are like ladies, they are good by all means, but they are so covered up with bullshit and unessesary info that it's hard getting the core or essence of it. You try to read and understand it all, but that thing you'll need will be hard to find and easy to be overseen, due to all the other shit in it.
Therfor, buy whores! No chit-chat or unessary stuff, get what you want WHEN you want. As same goes for the books, go internet! Because the text you are looking for is inside the book yes, but it's covered with other stuff you don't need (in that situation) and it will be hard to find. Ask internet and internet gives you the answer right away!

There, I tried to be funny but failed I guess the reason why you posted was to get hand on the knowlege about the subject the fast and easy way. I am sorry that I canot help you, because I have no clue what it actually is about, best thing would of course be to read the books and try to understand it - because it will stand there, but second thing would be to ask internet for advice.
You were a little unlucky this time, since everyone thought this was a nice situation to start a flamewar on, however - ignore this and continue your journey on google, I am sure you can find more help there and sollution for what you are asking for
Quote from tristancliffe :It's quite funny. I wrote a longer email giving you vague advice, and informing you how easy it would be to find everything you need to know without resorting to the internet. Then you ignore it, and demand people give links to websites. So I made it even simpler for you and wrote it in capital letters.

If you don't want to learn then don't bother. If you do then go to a library or a bookshop and get some books on the subject. You should have some school textbooks (either supplied or on the reading list) that will have EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW to pass your exam.

There is no bandwagon jumping going on. Just a lack of patience with someone who thinks Google is the way to pass the easiest exams you'll ever take.

i did take your advice but the amount we need to know is minimal but quite detailed - just what materials/design features, not really enough to make it book-worthy. also i wasn't demanding links, i was just replying to the genius who assumed i hadn't tried googling it yet...

text books don't have anything about it, the whole hand tools crap is just for this year - each year on the second DT paper, there are a couple of questions related to a specific topic, in the mocks it was hand drills for example, and this year its garden hand tools. for that reason it wouldn't be in any DT books and its up to us to try and find stuff on them. i was expecting there to be some website or other somewhere that had the information i needed, but was clearly a bit naive. i'm just going to have to look at a few pics of hand tools and work out the materials used etc. myself.

gcse ocr resistant materials
(394 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG