The online racing simulator
Rallycross Startingpositions
(17 posts, started )
#1 - SiL-X
Hello,

i think new startingpositions for the rallycross tracks would be really great!

Like 5 Cars in a line each row on heats (and public driving) and 3 - 2 - 3 cars in finals!
I think on a little button, so that the admin can switch to "Heat" or "Final"!

What do you mean?
I like it, but I much rather have 5 rows either way. I think every track has room for 5 cars in wide, if not 4 (FE6 proballt just has room for 4).
So, I am in for a wider start line with rally, but I rather want 5 or 4 car wides starts.
#3 - SiL-X
Quote from The Very End :I like it, but I much rather have 5 rows either way. I think every track has room for 5 cars in wide, if not 4 (FE6 proballt just has room for 4).
So, I am in for a wider start line with rally, but I rather want 5 or 4 car wides starts.

Sorry my english isnt the best... :/
Dont know what you mean exactly with "either way"?

I mean 5 cars in a row. Like now, but with 5 cars.
The problem is, that the 2 cars in the second line lost 1-2 seconds in a heat, just because they stand some meters behind.

And in finals with 8 cars a 3-2-3 starting position would be great!

I think both should be possible for public racing...
5-5-5-5-5-5
or
3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2...
I am totally with you SiL-X
Quote from SiL-X :Sorry my english isnt the best... :/
Dont know what you mean exactly with "either way"?

I mean 5 cars in a row. Like now, but with 5 cars.
The problem is, that the 2 cars in the second line lost 1-2 seconds in a heat, just because they stand some meters behind.

And in finals with 8 cars a 3-2-3 starting position would be great!

I think both should be possible for public racing...
5-5-5-5-5-5
or
3-2-3-2-3-2-3-2...

I am not sure if I wrote right myself
Anyhow I think is a more suitable word.

I think 5-5-5-5... etc is the best idea, and that is what I support
sounds like a good Idea, i vote for it :-)
#7 - kniL
Thats a great Idea!
Looks like only german people is up for this
Or not, i'm +1'ing
IIRC it's five abreast and 2-2-2-2 (but staggered, with each row level and further to the right of the one behind) in real life - this would be preferable for LFS Rallycross, possibly with the extra rows staggering in the other direction back until a sensible maximum of 12 or 14.
+1
I hope Scawen will do something in "1 Minute" -.-
What is IIRC?
Never heard it before...

And what is with the 2-2-2-2-2 positions? Never heard it before, too! And never saw it!

In ERC (European RX Championship) and in DRX (German RX Championship) is 3-2-3 the right position.

@Intermeadiat07:
Dunno, on 31.05 is DRX in Gründau!
Could mean "if I remember correct"
Quote from SiL-X :What is IIRC?
Never heard it before...

And what is with the 2-2-2-2-2 positions? Never heard it before, too! And never saw it!

In ERC (European RX Championship) and in DRX (German RX Championship) is 3-2-3 the right position.

I think you are thinking of Autocross - where it is 3-2-3-2 (page 20), in the FIA ERXC it is 5 abreast for the heats (page 21) and 2-2-2 for the finals (page 22). But it is 3-2-3-2 in the British championship for categories other than Supercar, Supercars can be 5-wide though (page 5).
Ahh, thanks!
In my head, i always saw 3-2-3!
In DRX its 3-2-3.

You´re right, 2-2-2 each row one "step" right!

But i think in LfS this would be difficult to implement?
A 3-2-3-2-3-2... is easier, isn´t?
There wouldn't be much difference. However, another priority for RX would be an actual car. However, I guess there isn't that much interest in rallycross, so it's probably bottom of Scawen's to do list. If there was community content being added, RX would probably feature, creating a catalyst for better RX features but that isn't the situation.
I know that the situation for RX isn´t the best.
But the topic here is just for better starting positions!

I cant know it, because i´m not a programmer, but i think that it is not much work to change the positions to 5-5-5-5-5....
That will change so much in RX leaques!!!

I think that this thread won´t change anything.
But i always say: "If you do nothing, you only can reach nothing!"

I just can hope, that this suggestion will take a little place in the next big update!

At least i will say, that Rallycross with jokerlaps really rocks with the system of the real RX!
It´s a nice balance to only watch nice, fast and aggressive races and to drive self and get the kick of start with 5 cars in the same row!

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG