The online racing simulator
#1 - hp999
My skin(just a basic white logo with some logos on it)
First of all,hi! I'd like to make my own skin,so it will be only mine,and no one's else made. It started like just a white skin,yesterday added a HKS logo. Today I added a Samsung logo,still more to put on. Any ideas?Maybe I should make that HKS logo smaller?Edit:I cut the background from the Samsung logo by myself. I'm using Adobe PhotoShop CS2.
Attached images
XRG_DEFAULT_HKS.jpg
XRG_DEFAULT_HKS(2).jpg
Quote from hp999 :Can someone upload my skin to LFSWorld

Please, not again We mustn't upload demo skins to LFSW.
#3 - hp999
Quote from Flame CZE :Please, not again We mustn't upload demo skins to LFSW.

It's was just a suggestion,but here is another thing : Can S2 licenced racer upload demo racer skins? In theory,S2 player could upload a demo racer made skin. What do you mean with ''Please,NOT again?''
Quote from hp999 :It's was just a suggestion,but here is another thing : Can S2 licenced racer upload demo racer skins? In theory,S2 player could upload a demo racer made skin. What do you mean with ''Please,NOT again?''

Well, this thing - to upload demo skin - was posted many times ago and one time it was denied.
#5 - hp999
Quote from Flame CZE :Well, this thing - to upload demo skin - was posted many times ago and one time it was denied.

Ok,I'll remove that part from my post then. Thanks!
Quote from hp999 :First of all,hi! I'd like to make my own skin,so it will be only mine,and no one's else made. It started like just a white skin,yesterday added a HKS logo. Today I added a Samsung logo,still more to put on. Any ideas?Maybe I should make that HKS logo smaller?Edit:I cut the background from the Samsung logo by myself. I'm using Adobe PhotoShop CS2.

first of all if you put logos on it, you need to consider the stretching.

Check the tires on the skinfile. They arnt round and thats because the file will be streched out in-game.
So squeeze the logos where it needs to be Its about 30% or so.. depends on the car length..

Easy way to find ou it painting a big dot (with normal brush for example) and check the skin in the viewer. When its perfectly round on the car you got the exact variable to squeeze

PS. yes make the HKS smaller but not if its the Mainsponsor for this paint
the you should put it on the side too
I saw your skin and thought hmm, this looks like a interesting idea, something id never done before so after a hour of making it, finding colours that match are hard these days. This is what i came up with. Your welcome to use it or take ideas from it.
Hehe just noticed i missed out on the bridgestone logo on the other side, oh well easily fixed though
Attached images
XRG_HKS4U.jpg
#8 - hp999
Quote from JazzOn :first of all if you put logos on it, you need to consider the stretching.

Check the tires on the skinfile. They arnt round and thats because the file will be streched out in-game.
So squeeze the logos where it needs to be Its about 30% or so.. depends on the car length..

Easy way to find ou it painting a big dot (with normal brush for example) and check the skin in the viewer. When its perfectly round on the car you got the exact variable to squeeze

PS. yes make the HKS smaller but not if its the Mainsponsor for this paint
the you should put it on the side too

If you have a look at the pictures,then you see,that I resized them. Thanks for the idea,AstroBoy!
Quote from hp999 :If you have a look at the pictures,then you see,that I resized them.

ah didnt see the version with samsung but the HKS logo is streched
Quote from JazzOn :ah didnt see the version with samsung but the HKS logo is streched

So I should strech it down?
Quote from hp999 :So I should strech it down?

i`d say so make the test to find out how much. depending on car some parts wont be stretched.

Maybe you try to make a Samsung livery by starting with the logo big on the sides.
Quote from JazzOn :i`d say so make the test to find out how much. depending on car some parts wont be stretched.

Maybe you try to make a Samsung livery by starting with the logo big on the sides.

Roger that.I'll do it the day after tomorrow.
-
(oldnavy) DELETED by the_angry_angel
Sorry,JazzOn,I couldn't make the HKS logo smaller,cause I forgot to duplicate a layer for that logo. I added a YouTube logo near to the rear bumper. Everyone can view the skin down below. Can someone test it on a XRG?Because I have the AE86 mod and it didn't look very nice.
Attached images
XRG_DEFAULT_HKS(3).jpg
You should try pro-kit from here - LFS-gear.com - you can use Wireframe there, helps alot in skinning
Quote from EliteAti :You should try pro-kit from here - LFS-gear.com - you can use Wireframe there, helps alot in skinning

But how that wireframe helps?I didn't understand that.
Quote from hp999 :But how that wireframe helps?I didn't understand that.

it helps with skinning a car. You would notice if you actually would starting

Quote from hp999 :Sorry,JazzOn,I couldn't make the HKS logo smaller,cause I forgot to duplicate a layer for that logo.

well... you could start all over again since it only takes less then 5 min
Quote from hp999 :Can someone test it on a XRG?Because I have the AE86 mod and it didn't look very nice.

How did you get that to work?
BTW, you can watch your skins in the Viewer
Quote from TAYLOR-MANIA :Whilst the wireframe is not necessary to make a good skin (for a basic design like yours it won't be of any help to you), it does help with more complex designs. How? Well... the wireframe shows each polygon of the car model, so for example, say you have a logo across a wheel arch, it will stretch to the shape of that area. When using the wireframe you can see this part clearly and easily adapt the logo so that it won't look stretched and out of shape.
Also, if you have a design that uses more than one side of the car, such as a stripe across one side that goes [seamlessly] up on to the roof, the wireframe is useful to show you where to divide that stripe and place it so that it lines up correctly.

Long answer to a short question, i know.. but hope you understand now

Thanks!Now I understood that! Oh,by the way,you have a nice avatar.

Edit: I added a O.Z. Racing logo near to the Samsung logo and I moved the Youtube logo a bit.
Attached images
XRG_DEFAULT_HKS(4).jpg
Quote from JazzOn :

well... you could start all over again since it only takes less then 5 min

How did you get that to work?
BTW, you can watch your skins in the Viewer

I don't know.Maybe I can delete that HKS skin with the magic eraser. Just go to /data/veh and then you'll see .vob files.Well,drag the orginal XR .vob file(because if you don't want the AE86 carshape anymore,you can just drag the original XR file back) to the desktop.So,drag the XR file (that XR.vob,what was in the compressed file) into the veh folder.Now,copy those dds files from the compressed file and put them to the /data/dds.Be sure,that you back up the original files!And thats about it. Hey,thanks for the LFS Viewer,it helped a lot.

Edit:Added a Falken skin near to the rear tyres.

Edit: Added a Bridgestone's big B letter near to the front wheels.I woun't upload it right now,because my attachment size limit is getting full.I will post a link to here.
Attached images
XRG_DEFAULT_HKS(5).jpg
Quote from hp999 :
Edit:Added a Falken skin near to the rear tyres.

Edit: Added a Bridgestone's big B letter near to the front wheels.I woun't upload it right now,because my attachment size limit is getting full.I will post a link to here.

well... at the moment you have many sposors all quite big placed somewhere. You could make a whole skin with everyone of them.
Choose a mainsponsor and make it big. Then slap the others way smaller on the skin.
Doesnt look good ATM TBh
Quote from JazzOn :well... at the moment you have many sposors all quite big placed somewhere. You could make a whole skin with everyone of them.
Choose a mainsponsor and make it big. Then slap the others way smaller on the skin.
Doesnt look good ATM TBh

But others are smaller thought.I chose HKS for the main sponsor,that's why it's so big.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG