The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
NDR Presents... The Summer of Fun 2009
Hey Guys.

Here's a little promo-kinda post to tell you about what we here at NDR have planned for this Summer. We think we have something to cater for everyone, and hope to see all of you at at [grammar fail on my part :P] least one of the events.

Here's a little run-down in (roughly) chronological order:

2009 NDR Kyoto 500: Pole Day 20th June, Bump Day 21st June, Race Day 27th June.
LFS's Premier Oval Race comes to your screens on Saturday 27th June 2009, 268 laps of the Kyoto Oval in the FO8. Join our Dream Team of the LFS 2008 Commentator of the Year, Michael Passingham, Jonathan Palmer and Thilo Falkenberg as they guide you through the excitement that is LFS's version of the great Indianapolis 500, live on NDR TV. This race is also the 5th Round of the 2009 NDR LFSCART Series, and as such features both the LFSCART grid, aswell as other people who have signed up especially for this event. It also features the Indy 500 qualifying system, where Pole Position is locked out after Day 1, whilst the other 29 slots are scrabbled for on Day 2.

Last Year's event was a success, with B.Goga winning the race after the long-running leaders, the two Fragmaster cars, crashed into each other with about 40 laps to go. [This is what caused Mr Passingham to eat a hat last year... :P]

After the success of this year's NDR Kyoto 250, we hope that the 500 will at least be equal in terms of excitement and also competitor numbers. I, for one, am really looking forward to it!!

Sign-ups will open soon, and Practice Sessions will take place throughout the months of May and June.

<Insert Logo when Joe finishes* it>
[*=Read "Starts"]

NDR Summer Event: Date TBA
NDR are proud to present the 4th edition of their Fun 2h Enduros - the 2009 Summer Event. We hope that this will be the best of our events so far, and we get a full compliment of 32 cars. Join Jonathan Palmer and Chris Wilkinson calling the shots on NDR TV with 2 hours of GT2 cars [sorry Zeug :P] attacking possibly the best track in LFS, Aston Historic.

We havn't decided the date yet, but it will almost certainly be mid-july sometime, with sign-ups opening a fortnight or so before then.

The restrictions will be based on the old CTRA restrictions, with all the GTR cars available to be picked. Again, two or one man teams are allowed.

We will also be using the Pre-Qual system seen at our Easter Event, and maybe one or two other new features

NDRC & LFSBC 2009: Final Round 1st August 2009
The final round of the 2009 NDRC and LFSBC Seasons take place on the 1st August in the form of the annual endurance race, this year extended to 2h. As always we open this race to everyone who wants to compete. It's 2 hours of Kyoto National, using the GTR cars for the NDRC Competitors and GT2-spec cars for the less experienced runners. The race will be broadcasted live [guess where], with JP, Timo Hyninnen and Thilo Falkenberg at your service. Qualification begins at 6.35 GMT, with the 2h race starting at 7.00 GMT [Times TBC]. It will feature a rolling start, aswell as a mandatory pit stop for all.

So there we go, a little run down of our Summer 2009 - we hope as many of you as possible can join us!! Our events are always based around you having as much fun as possible, whether you are competing, or sitting outside with a glass of wine* watching the broadcast. [We know you all secretly do that :P]
*Please only drink if you are over the legal age in your country. We do not support under-age drinking.

And you never know, we might throw in a couple more things to keep you interested

Cya on track

J@tko and the NDR Team

EDIT:
1) If you're waiting for the Easter Event stats, deko has promised to do them tomorrow night
2) @ De Souza - In reply to your PM, yes a bit
Nice. Looking for the Summer event, even if the combo is already a classic one. Kyoto 500 will be fun too.
#3 - Dru
Can not wait for the next 2 Hour event - where's the sign up then hey :P

GT2's on Aston Historic - sounds good
Quote from Dru :Can not wait for the next 2 Hour event - where's the sign up then hey :P

they haven't even finished the stats from the last one...

sorry, i couldn't help myself.
#5 - J@tko
Quote from bunder9999 :they haven't even finished the stats from the last one...

sorry, i couldn't help myself.

Quote :1) If you're waiting for the Easter Event stats, deko has promised to do them tomorrow night

I have been pestering!!
#6 - Dru
Quote from bunder9999 :they haven't even finished the stats from the last one...

who really cares about the stats - I'm more interested in the racing
Quote from Dru :who really cares about the stats - I'm more interested in the racing

me too, but i'm pretty sure i came in 16th place.
#8 - Dru
Quote from Dru :I'm pretty sure I came 3rd

yeah, but you started fifth. i started second-to-last.
I'm doing good the LFSBC and I MUST compete the Kyoto 500...

MAN, I LOVE LFS...
the 500 will be bigger and better then last year's the reason? I'm not racing in it
Quote from J@tko :Join Jonathan Palmer and Chris Wilkinson calling the shots on NDR TV with 2 hours of GT2 cars [sorry Zeug :P] attacking possibly the best track in LFS, Aston Historic.

AS4 the best track in LFS? No chance against AS7, BL1R and SO6. I will drive around on those tracks with my XFG or my RB4 while you are enduring the race on that shitty combo.
Sounds good, Wilko shot to overnight fame eh?
Oh noes... two of the latter races, which I'd really really enjoy, I'm not able to drive... Bah. I'll be hotlapping the tracks with AI's then. :P
Quote from zeugnimod :AS4 the best track in LFS? No chance against AS7, BL1R and SO6.

This man speaks the truth. Hey we could at least have some dual class again...

Quote from J@tko :2) @ De Souza - In reply to your PM, yes a bit

Don't you take too long now!
Quote from Dru :Can not wait for the next 2 Hour event - where's the sign up then hey :P

GT2's on Aston Historic - sounds good

Agreed

Heres hoping I remember to find the sign up thread in time.

If its half as good as the Easter event we'll all be laughing
I hope i will be able to race this 2h event again!!!

I will die if i have to miss another one like last time.
Quote from zeugnimod :AS4 the best track in LFS? No chance against AS7, BL1R and SO6. I will drive around on those tracks with my XFG or my RB4 while you are enduring the race on that shitty combo.

Quote from pacesetter :Sounds good, Wilko shot to overnight fame eh?

Hehe - I was really impressed with his commentary on Sunday, so I asked him about it yesterday - I said "Race or Commentate", and he went for the latter pretty quickly

Quote from de Souza :This man speaks the truth. Hey we could at least have some dual class again...

I decided against dual class because, with 32 cars over 16, there's alot more chance you'll be battling for someone for the entire race
Quote from J@tko :I decided against dual class because, with 32 cars over 16, there's alot more chance you'll be battling for someone for the entire race

It's a long track and a long event, the grid will spread anyway and people will DNF. So with dual class there's a lot more chance you'll be having to deal with traffic every lap, being it for position or not.
Quote from J@tko :Hehe - I was really impressed with his commentary on Sunday, so I asked him about it yesterday - I said "Race or Commentate", and he went for the latter pretty quickly

I don't think I can bring myself to do another long distance race after that Xcite race.

4.5h straight takes it outta you
Sign-ups for the 2009 NDR Kyoto 500 are now open

Go here to sign-up!
Quote from Dru :I'm pretty sure I came 3rd

Sorry dru had to quote you on this.. I.. Fricking I.. So much for Team Concept Creme Egg

Hehe

Looking forward to a GT2 Event, I do miss those cars
Today is "Pole Day" for the 2009 NDR Kyoto 500.

56 cars will be going for pole, each car having 3 attempts at their 4-lap average quali session.

You can follow the action on LFS Remote and have live timing at this link.

Qualification starts in 10 minutes. Whoever is top at 0100 UTC tonight is guaranteed pole position for the 2009 NDR Kyoto 500. The other 29 positions will be battled out for tomorrow, on "Bump Day".

The Race is next Saturday, starting at around 1530 UTC; broadcasted live on MultiBC.
With a qualifying time of 2:27.84 (average 36.96s / 180.39mph) Dan Sanger is the first LFSCART racer, to set a pole position in a Kyoto 500 qualifiying. His number 88 Greater Then You Racing machine will be the first to get the green flag next Saturday.
Qualifying continues today with Bump Day, in which the other 29 spots are on the line. Live ticker on Google Spreadsheets and on LFS Remote.

The Race is next Saturday, starting at around 1630 UTC; broadcasted live on MultiBC.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG