The online racing simulator
#1 - amp88
Double Decker Diffusers Legal - Brawn Keep Wins
Khe, McLaren is on duty to make double decker
Renault will be using their new diffuser this weekend. I think all other teams will have theirs by the next race, and i think well see the old names being at the top again.
Quote from LaimisD1 :Renault will be using their new diffuser this weekend. I think all other teams will have theirs by the next race, and i think well see the old names being at the top again.

highly doubtful
the aerodynamics guys reckon its worth about .5-.7 of a second and judging from what weve seen over the past 2 q2 sessions the only teams within that region are red bull and sauber
unfortunately red bulls suspension design apparently interfers with the brawn diffusor design... lets see what newey can come up with but if they manage to fully utilise the .5-.7 seconds they should have the fastest car on the paddock
Quote from TexasLTU :Khe, McLaren is on duty to make double decker

Yeah, uhm..... Did you forget other teams? Like Renault, Red Bull, Ferrari maybe?

Anyways, i am happy that the diffuser is allowed. If the teams were smart enough to find a hole in the Rule Book and take advantage of it, then kudos to them for being smart.
Seems like renault already have their diffuser ready to be used.
Alonso FTW then.
Hahahah. Brawn GP FTW!!!
Renault might have one, but will it work as well (with no testing) straight out of the box. McLaren and Ferrari are likely to get one, but they'll also need to change most of their aerodynamics to make it work properly.

I don't think it'll change the status quo. I think people will just be more awestruck than ever at the speed of the Brawn and the relative incompetence of McLaren and Ferrari at blank paper design.
Don't forget that it's not as simple as just sticking a second tier on your diffuser. It alters the way the aerodynamics of the entire car react.

That being said, Kudos to FIA on making a decision which actually makes sense.
Quote from zeugnimod :Alonso FTW then.

Don't jump in the boat so quickly. Having a new diffuser is only one piece of the puzzle. The new diffuser needs to be effective, and that will take some experimenting over the next few GPs.

Even if the rival teams have already made new double-decker diffusers, none of them really have the pace to match the Trio at the moment. I think someone else said only RBR and BMW are on pace, and I have to agree with that. RBR at least seem competitive even without the double-decker design - especially with Vettel at the wheel.
RBR will have so much advantage soon.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :RBR will have so much advantage soon.

Shame they have the most over rated driver in the paddock, Mark Webber :bananadea
Quote from BlakjeKaas :RBR will have so much advantage soon.

I don't know, they did say in an interview (on tv or f1 website I can't remember) where they said due to them using push rod suspension not pull rod (or visa versa) they can't use the double decker diffuser.

Quote from mclarenmatt :Shame they have the most over rated driver in the paddock, Mark Webber :bananadea

I wouldn't say hes overated, he has shown some skill in the past. He has seemed to fail to deliver what i think he is capable of but then again he really is the unluckiest driver on the grid.
Quote from mclarenmatt :Shame they have the most over rated driver in the paddock, Mark Webber :bananadea

Hey...just because Lewis Hamilton is down the field and not doing very well this year doesn't mean people should start forgetting him.
Quote from Greboth :I wouldn't say hes overated, he has shown some skill in the past. He has seemed to fail to deliver what i think he is capable of but then again he really is the unluckiest driver on the grid.

When he came into F1 he was supposed to be the next best thing but hasn't delivered much at all tbh, I think the RBR seat could be taken up by someone much better. Like you say though the guy is pretty unlucky, maybe he can shine yet...

Quote from amp88 :Hey...just because Lewis Hamilton is down the field and not doing very well this year doesn't mean people should start forgetting him.

Im not quite sure what this has to do with Webber tbh but Hamilton has proved he's not totally over rated
Quote from Greboth :I don't know, they did say in an interview (on tv or f1 website I can't remember) where they said due to them using push rod suspension not pull rod (or visa versa) they can't use the double decker diffuser.

Well, then there's still KERS and Vettel.
Quote from Greboth :I don't know, they did say in an interview (on tv or f1 website I can't remember) where they said due to them using push rod suspension not pull rod (or visa versa) they can't use the double decker diffuser..

Not true. They can use the double decker, but it means more work for them than for the other teams due to their lower gearbox, and perhaps less effectiveness. They do have a double-decker design they were working on until Charlie Whiting knocked it back.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG