The online racing simulator
Alert at race start
(17 posts, started )
Alert at race start
i'd like some kind of audio alert when the "race restarts 3,2,1" thing begins .. say you're spectating, or in the pits .. but don't really pay attention or are even running lfs minimized. it'd be cool to hear that the race is about to begin.

a simple beep would do.
Hmm. Could be useful. Who gets to have their voice recorded?
#3 - Gunn
I like this idea. Maybe a single air horn blast that echoes over the infield...
Also... I think the race starts too fast after it "starts"... Maybe a 5 second pause.. then the 3,2,1, start..

That would help, along with a warning that race is starting.. I get caught out all the time because you have no idea when race is starting when in the pits.

Maybe give a warning, even when in the pits.. and then give 5 or 10 seconds to get ready and join the field.
I believe with patch P2 you now get a warning if you are in the garage and the race is going to restart.
Quote from tailing :I believe with patch P2 you now get a warning if you are in the garage and the race is going to restart.

Yeah like 2 seconds?
How about: "Drivers, START YOUR ENGINES!!!"
Followed by 10 seconds before the countdown?

The thing that always kills me is if someone hits me at the end of the previous race, my DFP goes flying all over the place, race restarts, and I don't know which way my damn wheels are pointing... 3 seconds isn't enough to gather myself, figure out where I'm steering, and get ready for the race. 10 seconds would give me enough time to run back from the kitchen and figure everything out :P

Although it'd suck for all those Turn 1 restarts Waiting 3 seconds to restart, waiting 10 seconds for the countdown, lights, go, OOPS, ANOTHER TURN 1 RESTART! *frustrating*
I support this to be added..
Some beep, like 5 seconds before countdown is about to start.. and then 3, 2, 1..
Quote from BWX232 :
Maybe give a warning, even when in the pits.. and then give 5 or 10 seconds to get ready and join the field.

However that might bring up a little problem. Maybe you've experienced the fact that the count-down is cancelled if a player connects to the server. a longer countdown will increase the risk of that happpening.

However, IMO people connecting to the server should wait for the game to start, not vice versa. They're not likely to be able to start in time for the "first" race anyway, i mean they gotta select car, setup, set fuel, calibrate their controller etc. so it's no big deal making them hold on at most 10 seconds so the game can start.
How about making sure the driver is alert as well?
Just about everone has hit a car who's driver is afk at the start.
Make it so you have to press a button to join the grid, rather than relying on someone going to spec before they go afk.
Quote from Gunn :I like this idea. Maybe a single air horn blast that echoes over the infield...

This is good idea. A loud horn that can be heard all over the track. Then 10 seconds -> countdown.
if your in the pits have a nice womans voice go...

*huh humm* excuse me the race is about to start.... ill be in your paddok i you win
Quote from Gunn :I like this idea. Maybe a single air horn blast that echoes over the infield...

Brilliant idea, this horn would be heard inside your garage too, so you can't miss it when hurry making last fine tunes to your car. The horn blast followed by the few seconds pause. (And when you are outside on the grid, you will also hear the spectacors crowd getting excited)
:laola:
Then normal 3,2,1,start text.

Just not the "Start your engines" or these arcade annoying things please. If the S3 would yell at me in this WOWish style, I would throw the computer outta my window probably. illepall
Quote from RAYfighter :If the S3 would yell at me in this WOWish style, I would throw the computer outta my window probably. illepall

Your address, please, mate..:woohoo:
Quote from alexoxol :Your address, please, mate..:woohoo:

LOL! Hey! I hope you will never need it
felplacerad : Very good point! I agree with your suggestion 100%

I love the track horn idea!!

I also fully support that the drivers be at the keyboard. To be realistic, the race could start with engines off, and you would be required to start your engine within a few seconds of an on screen prompt before the countdown starts. If the countdown starts and your engine isn't on, you get removed from the grid. No more AFK dead cars on the road!

Developers! START YOUR IMPLEMENTING :P
Quote from T.K.Jode :
I also fully support that the drivers be at the keyboard. To be realistic, the race could start with engines off, and you would be required to start your engine within a few seconds of an on screen prompt before the countdown starts. If the countdown starts and your engine isn't on, you get removed from the grid. No more AFK dead cars on the road!

Now THAT is a good idea. The only bad thing I can think of is that it would make restarts take a bit longer. Hopefully we'll get to the point that we don't need 10 restarts each race and this won't be a problem.

Alert at race start
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG