The online racing simulator
NARA Full Simulation Host, G25 and Porsche.
Hello Fellow LFS Drivers.

My friend Raimo and I, spent the last few months making and testing a Host that forces everyone to drive as realistically as posiible.

Our aim was to have equal driving as real as LFS can provide.

Combined with a very decent program called airio (http://www.airio.eu/), we made the NARA enforcer to ensure 100% full simulation driving.

There are 4 seperate Hosts Set up right now.
NARA Sydney - Where I hang out mostly, to practise my own stuff ect (In Australia)
NARA G25 Expert USER - Where you can go, select tracks and try out cars. (In Australia)
NARA PRIVATE PRACTICE - For NARA Team Members to Practice in Private (In Australia)
NARA OSLO - European Host (In Norway)

TEAMSPEAK IP: lfs.piiksi.com

If u feel like a challenge, and u own a G25 or a Porsche wheel, NARA enforces the following:

In-car View, No racing line (Must set view to in-car)
Steering Wheel
Axis Clutch (Manual Clutch Pedal)
H-Pattern Gear Changer (Shifter)
No Brake Help (Spec)
No Driving Backwards (kick)
No double Speeding in Pitlane (kick)
No Pitting the wrong way into pits, or leaving the pit the wrong way (kick)
Mouse and Keyboard Drivers (kick)
No Car Reset
Auto Loaded no Shortcut Layouts

So basically you have to drive the car like its real as can be.

Other things:
Flooding and Bad Language filter in (NARA USER host)
Airio Scoreboard, connected to other NARA Hosts.

So to keep it short bring a mate and know he is being forced to race 100% equal, and like the real thing. Be on the track and know the dude next to you is using the same equipment and the times on the board were all left there by the same type of people.

Kind Regards
OBP 55
No Assist Racing Alliance - Keeping it Wheel !
Aussie Rules Racing
http://www.nara.co.nr
Sounds nice, but it's kinda late here, I'll definately check it out tomorrow, will it be up still?
I'll be there! My net been down since last Wednesday hopefully will be sorted ASAP and i will race you there my friend!
I hope to have the hosts up all the time bro.
the no mouse + keyboard drivers is kinda

you kno.. not everyone can afford a wheel... even in the richest countries...
Like silver said, there's over 500 other servers for you to choose from while there's only 2 for those who want to drive in a "full simulation" server. As much as I like this idea, I have a feeling it's going to be empty (for me) most of the time as I'm the USA and it's an australian (?) server...

Who would have ever thought that a group devoted towards ultimate realism would be considered a "niche" group in a driving simulator that states "YOU have to do the driving"...
Quote from Technique :Like silver said, there's over 500 other servers for you to choose from while there's only 2 for those who want to drive in a "full simulation" server. As much as I like this idea, I have a feeling it's going to be empty (for me) most of the time as I'm the USA and it's an australian (?) server...

Who would have ever thought that a group devoted towards ultimate realism would be considered a "niche" group in a driving simulator that states "YOU have to do the driving"...

Well said bro. ur right. We are empty most of the time. but the drivers we get are un-real fun and the driving is intense. we have Europe covered, with the Oslo Server, i've got Australia. If u r interested in opening up one in America, I can email the files lol your quote, just perfect.
It is definatley a nice idea.
Too bad the servers stand in Australia.
YES, finally it comes. No mouse driving ! only wheel skills. super!
and is it possible that lapper scans for 540 or 720 steering? Becose some ppls are using g25 and only 180 steering...,like...
Wheel turn
Quote from mantvisrep :and is it possible that lapper scans for 540 or 720 steering? Becose some ppls are using g25 and only 180 steering...,like...

We also use 720 steering like you bro, or as per car requires. But in the time we spent researching, we found no way to impliment a check on this through the insim. Bugger ay, im a bit suss about people driving a family car with formula 1 like steering, but theres nothing that can be done for now as far as i know.
Nara oslo
Quote from Stefani24 :It is definatley a nice idea.
Too bad the servers stand in Australia.

Nara Oslo is in Norway bro. That might have a better ping for you.
Quote from nismoCat :I'll be there! My net been down since last Wednesday hopefully will be sorted ASAP and i will race you there my friend!

good luck with your net be good to race again !!!
Quote from Overboard Productions :Hello Fellow LFS Drivers.

G'Day m8 good to see that your doing well with the project! I hope you see it's full potential. I'm currently on forced leave of LFS but when I return I will be sure to visit
gday Rusty !!! miss ya and cant wait to race again with ya mate
All wheels work there or not? Im using MoMo wheel atm...
Quote from EliteAti :All wheels work there or not? Im using MoMo wheel atm...

You would need to have a shifter and a third pedal for clutch bro.
Wooo Hooo
sup bro i though i would post some text from your website with my unclean lepper racing fingers

Slipstreaming/Wind Drafting SOLELY to produce a Time result such as a PB.

Explanation, For Example Someone pulls an XRG around the track with a BF1. Don't be suprised. Some people will do anything to get ahead

If YOU are a No-Assist driver then tell the world.

We are a dying breed. You will not be forgotton, You are keeping it real.

LEST WE FORGET

SWEEEEET as bro, lots of creepy immortality and chest-clutching and xenophobia just in time for ANZAC day! just what the diggers died for eh bro!

but seriously, whats with the pinhead servers these days, especially in australia? Pro racing room used to be great fun till someone smoked a bit too much dope and decided to start kicking regulars and freinds for random points of difference, followed by instating a similarly obnoxious insim app and a big stand-offish EULA. then the drifters responded to this sort of immaturity with thier own gangsta waddup keep it slyydewayz localism and now regular long-time racers looking for some freindly, fun competition, are getting pelted with bad apples.

whats your fixation? this is still a computer program, on a monitor, on the internet, in which locked diffs are still faster, lag makes people disappear and running headlong into a wall at substantial speed often leaves the car 100% race effective. also you locked out all the cars that dont have an H gearbox just in case someone [me] might want to drive them instead, and perfectly legitimately i might add.

and i might add, i've NEVER, EVER seen anyone using systematic team drafting, mixed classes or otherwise, to set online pb times successfully outside the oval. you'd be surprised how much of your paranoia is both unfounded and destructive! is that a tin foil hat on your head?
i reckon you're all just scared of getting good-old-fashioned bested fair and square and having to admit defeat graciously, a bit like alan jones:

Yvonne: We sat down on a picnic blanket and they kept kicking footballs at us.

AJ: Yep, Well Australia is for all Australians. Isn’t it?

Y: Well it is Alan.

AJ: And there is standard that has to apply and if you don’t meet this standard you should be rounded up.

Y: And if we don’t have enough police what’s wrong with getting the army in?

AJ: Uh-ha.

Y: Get these blokes a bit of a rifle butt in the face and they’ll, they’ll back off, they’re cowards!

AJ: Well if it gets to that we might have to do that, you follow what I’m saying?

you follow what im saying?
hey....
buy a G25 you scab and stop winging like a little baby.

ohh, and I aint your bro.
Quote from i_MAXIBON :SNIP

First of all I would like to appraise you on being one of the only english speaking people in LFS to understand the correct meaning of words, and their proper usage, however the term 'bro' doesn't apply, I am not your brother, OBP isn't your brother, so please refrain from using it in our company.

I must ask you, are you religious? The term 'bro' is derived from 'brother' used to refer to brethren in the catholic church. And as far as I'm concerned, religion is for those who lack faith in their own ability and intellect, which surprises me considering you are someone who appears to have half a brain - when you choose to use it.

NARA's Enforcer allows any LFS user to join our server, however, without the correct options set, the person in question would be forced to spec or be kicked (with explaination). There is nothing to say that a steering device with H-Pattern options is needed for cars that use paddles, infact, the BF1 can be driven with any wheel due to the auto-clutch feature.

Perhaps in future before opening your big uninvited opinionated mouth, you first attempt to follow up on fine-printed rules. LFS may be a game, and we at NARA have the maturity to respect all other users prefered driving methods, NARA however is simply trying to bring as much realism as possible to what little realism LFS has to offer. If you don't like what we offer, we don't want you in our server, nor do we appreciate having to read your drivle on our forum posts.

There are hundreds of no-rules servers for LFS available to anyone unwilling to comply to our standards and rules.

Regards,
NARAARR>Jamez.
Quote from SilverArrows77 :ummm.... point not well made

Haha, point taken. I usually block out 95% of what OBP has to say anyway.
Nice work guys.I ll definatelly pay european server a visit next time i fire LFS.

A very positive move.Realism is key factor in a driving sim when the needed equipment is present.

The thing i dont understand is why ppl have to whine for only 2-3 servers in which they cant participate when there are a bunch of others inlisted.

ps1:it would be great if the devs helped so that 720 degrees could be enforced-checked also.Maybe im dreaming while awake.

ps2:thank you for offering those servers for us realism junkies.
Quote from Jamez08 :Haha, point taken. I usually block out 95% of what OBP has to say anyway.

yeah Sam can be a bit of a chatter box when he gets going, but he is good value

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG