The online racing simulator
Chinese cars
(16 posts, started )
#1 - BAMBO
Chinese cars
I remembered that a few months ago I read on an automotive news website that a chinese car company made a concept which was basically an almost exact copy of the Rolls-Royce.
I decided to try and find some news to see if it finally went into production or not. I found out that it still is the concept phaze but in the process I found a few interesting web pages which shows that the Rolls isn't the only car they copied:

http://gemssty.com/2006/10/29/top-10-copycat-cars/
http://blog.autoworld.com.my/i ... inese-rolls-royce-anyone/
(I knew they copied a few models in the past but I never expected to be so many models copied so vulgar)

From what I remember, they also have a Ford Focus and a Polo copy as well.

So what do you think? IMO these companies are nothing but mere copy cats with no common sense or regards for the rightful owners of those designs.
hmm Geely Merrie 300 cheap merc anyone? All you would have to do is swap the badges.
BYD
Isn't this what they have been doing all the time? Why to bother developing something new when there are so many nice things already done? That's what I really hate about anything chinese, weapons, aircraft, electronics, cars, they've copied it all... I really like that 300-something, I wonder if it would be aslo as reliable and luxurious as the real Merc C
#6 - ajp71
Don't take the piss Chinese engineers make some brilliant breakthroughs when they aren't copying the developed world, like the oversize Formula Student car (with shocking welding), the touring car with the exhaust exit out of the front bumper and the scrap metal F1 car.
+1 to ajp, e.g. the PRC guys are doing very interesting stuff on CPUs.

BTW if the consumers have one more choice that is more affordable and just as good as any other car in that price bracket, I can't see how it would hurt. Though I'm not quite sure the chinese mfrs would be able to get away selling copycats in the european or US market they could still cater to the less posh ones, though.
Quote from MadCatX :That's what I really hate about anything chinese, weapons, aircraft, electronics, cars, they've copied it all...

Hehe. True to a certain extent in today's world perhaps, but go back a bit and the Chinese would have been saying the exact same thing about Europe.

But a few Chinese inventions that were copied by everyone else:
Gunpowder
Paper
Crossbows
Currency
Rockets
Handguns
Beer
Didn't they show a copy of a Rolls Royce on Top Gear? I'm a snob so wouldn't buy a car that didn't have a normal badge..
The Chinese are starting to loose their imagination.
seen this years ago ( about 2 ) their stupidly unsafe...
#12 - JJ72
Chinese were never hugely imaginative, they ain't really good at laterial thinking. There are good inventors and artists, however when it comes to bringing both together, as in design and realizing the potential of an invention, and bringing it to practical daily use, the western world are much better off.

The story of chinese cars isn't much different to other new born car industry though, australian and japanese car makers both started off building knock offs of US/europe models, the only difference is the chinese are much skilled in their craft of copying - but have totally ridiculous idea on what is stylish, that the result is often shockingly laughable
Quote from JJ72 :Chinese were never hugely imaginative, they ain't really good at laterial thinking. There are good inventors and artists, however when it comes to bringing both together, as in design and realizing the potential of an invention, and bringing it to practical daily use, the western world are much better off.

The story of chinese cars isn't much different to other new born car industry though, australian and japanese car makers both started off building knock offs of US/europe models, the only difference is the chinese are much skilled in their craft of copying - but have totally ridiculous idea on what is stylish, that the result is often shockingly laughable

Exactly. Anyone remembers that Hyundai Coupe aka Tiburon copy with Pontiac front and Harmonica rear wing?
What still makes me wonder is how are they the one of highest populated countries in the world?
they are like flyes they fcuk all day long
Quote from skolekaj :they are like flyes they fcuk all day long

i belive thats rabbits... though they ate em all

Chinese cars
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG