The online racing simulator
Moveable door windows
(30 posts, started )
Moveable door windows
Hi,

I know it isnt realy addition, which should add something to racing, but it can make car more atractive. TDU already have availability to put door windows up and down. I dont want to compare those two games or make something copied from it, but it's nice addidtion which makes "feeling" (specialy if you turn ventilator against your hairs, in case that you turn windows down :P) better .
Anyway, it's just an idea nothing else.

/me goes and hides in fear of flameeeeee...
#2 - garph
Nice first post.

I fail to see how opening windows adds anything at all to a racing simulator. Complete waste of time and effort.

Sorry.
Quote from garph :Nice first post.

I fail to see how opening windows adds anything at all to a racing simulator. Complete waste of time and effort.

Sorry.

Seconded.. Try TDU.
#4 - amp88
In real racing cars with windows will often have them either removed, lowered or vented to allow more airflow into the cabin. This is usually done (in addition to roof venting/ducting) to cool the driver and electronic equipment in the cabin. Obviously in LFS we don't need these (no need to cool the virtual driver and there's nothing in the cockpit which is going to overheat), but having the ability to remove/lower or vent windows would be more realistic than the current situation. If it was done there would have to be some consideration given to the aerodynamic performance of the car. This isn't something that's urgently required, of course, and there are a lot of things more pressing.
Only with a real proper Aero-Model.
#6 - CSU1
..so what weight are the road cars in LFS modeled at?

Racing spec or that of the standard road going car?

..the OP makes perfect sense to assume working order of standard cars
And would you guys really lower your windows during races ?

I would accept only if those weren't electronical windows. You would have to actively tap a button to simulate you turning the lever. Otherwise it's pointless. Showoff has its price...
Or alternatively we can use the WASD keys to simulate the turning process, as we have to circle the WASD keys in a counter clockwise way to make the window go down.
+1, but this could take alot of key bindings and i think that this should be done (if will) all other stuff is ready.
we dont have real inside windows yet
no dust no reflection no nothing
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Or alternatively we can use the WASD keys to simulate the turning process, as we have to circle the WASD keys in a counter clockwise way to make the window go down.

Yeah it's a better idea. But perhaps not WASD, but IJKL. I use S to upshift...
-1 . I don't want somebody to come and beat me thru the window. GTA FTW
+1. Then we can buy burger from burger king through the drive-thru
-infinity.

The drag created by opening a window would make this utterly pointless. We don't have it modelled fully yet, but if it was modelled fully then people would keep the windows closed so that it may as well be considered added already.
They should implement this, a tunnel and a Zonda. It would be entertaining.

...for 5 minutes untill you realize you don't get the same sensation as in real life.
+1, but only when we have better engine sounds. When the windows go down in TDU, the engine sound is louder. Wouldn't mind hearing loud engine roar in a cockpit view in LFS.
Shift+A takes your worries away
-1 pointless atm
#19 - Riel
I like to stick out my fist cheering if I pass finish at first

Or make a big out if it when someone made a faulty divebomb @ T1 and got off track himself
I lol'ed @ Riel's pot.
Shift+a in game , move the WIND slider to max value , Problem solved, Kthxbye
ye dis wud be wikid idea defo put it in
Quote from HITLER_IS_COOL :ye dis wud be wikid idea defo put it in

Roofle. Aww, no longer welcome? Looks like the Nazi's banned you for being a fanboy.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Or alternatively we can use the WASD keys to simulate the turning process, as we have to circle the WASD keys in a counter clockwise way to make the window go down.

No way!
I already use all of the keys you mentioned.
A - look left
D - look right
S - downshift
W - upshift
E - clutch
Q - look back
Z - speed limiter
X - traction control
C - ignition
G - lights
B - horn
V - change view

But I wouldn't mind if you choose any other keys It could be like IJKL as Zen321 said...

@ the OP, well I'm neutral to this idea, I wouldn't mind it in the game but I wouldn't be against it either... I like it on TDU though, and I use it very often.

Quote from Dajmin :The drag created by opening a window would make this utterly pointless.

I'd keep it closed on LFS
Window-winder peripherals. It's the only way

Moveable door windows
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG