The online racing simulator
Replays??
(7 posts, started )
Replays??
I've a question. I know that I can watch replays in-Game. Because I'm actually Demo Racer I only can watch Demo Replays.

I know the ESL and I could watch a race on a friend's computer ,but I would like to watch the replays on my PC. My question is the following:

Is there a program I could download to watch this races. And wich have some Inlays like that one in F1 or DTM oder WTCC. That there is after a lap a List of drivers with the gap to first in race on the bottom of the screen? Or like in America on the top of the screen. (I do not know how to call) If there is the possibility of an inlay when you change to another driver, with his informations (Nation and realname (when it was an S2-full Race), nickname, Car, position) and a inlay when someone drove the fastest race lap.

Summary:

A replay player with inlays.

Inlays:

-After each lap on the bottom of the screen, or a permanent inlay like in American Race series a list with position nickname and gap to the First.
-When I press TAB to change the driver: position, name/nickname, nation, Car
-After Finish with position, name/nickname, nation (with flag, with olympic Shortcut, like at the olympic games with flag and shortcut), personal best lap, totally racetime.
-Fastest Lap in Race Inlay, with name/nickname, nation, car and laptime
-After Race End, a List of the Positions with name, nation, car, total racetime/gap to first.

I got inspired by a racing game called Racing Simulation 2.
#2 - SamH
I'd also very much like to see a program like this, and I think so would a good number of other people. The problem is that it would be a huge undertaking for the Devs, who would be the only people for whom I think this project would be viable.

In other threads, we've talked about the different possibilities of broadcasting LFS races. We've covered the limitations of video broadcasts owing to bandwidth bottlenecking etc.

I think (IIRC) we've resolved that video isn't an option, and the only way to do it would be to have a "LFS TV" application, which was a combination of elements of the LFS sim, with the tracks and cars and graphics engine built-in, and a program called "LFS Spectator", which collects information from InSim and translates it to deliver graphical representations of the cars on track. Also, I think a server relay application, which received an InSim stream from either the source, or another server relay application, and then distributed to viewers.

The advantage of the "LFS TV" concept is that it allows any InSim-enabled server to have countless LIVE spectators, without chewing up any seats on the server. While MPRs are distributable, there is nothing better than being able to sit down to a LIVE race, and watch it as it happens.

Naturally, the LFS TV program would be able to play MPRs and SPRs as well.
Thank you SamH for these information.

It would be great to see races live, like in the project.

I hope it'll be started soon.
-
(TFalke55) DELETED by TFalke55
I'd like to see something like that.

(It's an example -> I combined some pictures to make this)

Is there maybe somekind of In-Game mod, so I could watch my replays and could play like this?
#5 - bbman
Well, you can have something like this: (see attached image)

It's almost the same angle (just floating behind the car instead of attached to it), you can see gears, RPMs, the laptime, in which lap the car is in, the position in the field and even steering... And if you've enabled, you could even watch the pedal work (lower right corner)... The only thing missing would be a picture of the driver (with his real name ) and maybe some statistics taken from LfSWorld (which has already been suggested in the improvements section...
Well, I knew that angle.

I thought there could be something looking more interesting like in the original F1.

But thank you bbman
I am making actually a little movie, in the style of a live race, like in TV. I took the replay of one of the first races of racing challenge. I'll post some pics of it. That's what I think off inlays

Replays??
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG