The online racing simulator

Poll : If there will be bumpdrafting allowed for one car, which one would you like to use?

Closed since :
FO8
FOX
Rising Stars Through Oval [RSTO] Series - By Elite Racing - Season 1
Elite Racing team is proud to announce Rising Stars Through Oval - Series [RSTO]

It's a Single Seater League which requires skills and accuracy from drivers. We start first with FBM, it will be 30 lap race. On second weekend we will have same combo, but reversed to spice up things again. At the end of the league we will have Bonus event for all participants which combo is not yet decided.
I (eliteati) will give S1/ S1 to S2 voucher for League winner. Bonus event will have it's own prize. We would like to see many participants here Racing on oval and anyone is welcome to participate. though we require only 10 laps of online stats in that combo.

A "Barrier" layout will be not used in the event so people with less powerful computer can join here as well.

How to Participate

LFSWname - *****
Own Real Name - *****
Preferred Number - *****
Country code - ***

First race will be 12.4.2009[/B] - and then every week after that we will have one race event (read .txt for this please)

Im updating often then the sign-up list and will post the latest signing up progress here as a .txt file

Joining up in mid-season is allowed.

1993weeman [ER] Staggie is our first Safety Car and he will use ELITE RACING FXR RACE SKIN safety car edition.

E: the actual "Rules" file will be here later. Atm. just signing up

1st race [FBM - KY1] 12.4.2009

30 lap race [+3 laps rolling start]
Rolling start [3 laps behind Safety Car]
Server - [RSTO] Series
Race Starts at 14.40 GMT
Qualifying (30 min free quali starts at 14.00 GMT)

PW will be sent next week by PM's
Attached files
Rising Stars Through Oval.txt - 3.9 KB - 217 views
[RSTO] Rules.txt - 2.7 KB - 182 views
LFSWname - buck77
Own Real Name - Daniel Buck
Preferred Number - 77
Country code - BRA
#3 - wild
Will bumpdrafting be allowed during the races? Is there a mandatory pitstop?

Just some things i need to know :P
Quote from wild :Will bumpdrafting be allowed during the races? Is there a mandatory pitstop?

Just some things i need to know :P

bumpdrafting is permitted only in practise, in race it is prohibited and penalty will be a disqualification from race you are racing. No mandatory pitstop is required however i think you will need one to finish with the BF1
#5 - wild
Okay thank you for posting that useful information. I’ll be joining then

LFSWname - Wild
Own Real Name – Aaron Shearer
Preferred Number - 93
Country code - GBR
LFSWname - Stefani24
Own Real Name - Stefan Alfons
Preferred Number - 99
Country code - Moon...ehm..AUT
Isn't the prize a little strange as everyone must have S2 to drive at KY1 anyway?
Quote from Storm_Cloud :Isn't the prize a little strange as everyone must have S2 to drive at KY1 anyway?

I thought that, but maybe it would be handy if you'd want to give it to a friend for a present or something?
LFSWname - pacesetter
Own Real Name - James Bolger
Preferred Number - 17
Country code - IRL

BTW, I'd like to bumpdraft with my team mates, would this be allowed? I think it should only be penalised should it be protested IMO
#10 - wild
Quote from pacesetter :BTW, I'd like to bumpdraft with my team mates, would this be allowed? I think it should only be penalised should it be protested IMO

Quote :bumpdrafting is permitted only in practise, in race it is prohibited and penalty will be a disqualification from race you are racing.

I think that should answer your question sufficiently.

I personally feel bump-drafting on the oval is quite boring. Unless you actually know how to do it properly you’re screwed. It’s seriously unfair on the other drivers who don’t know how to do it. That’s my personally opinion though.
Quote from wild :I think that should answer your question sufficiently.

I personally feel bump-drafting on the oval is quite boring. Unless you actually know how to do it properly you’re screwed. It’s seriously unfair on the other drivers who don’t know how to do it. That’s my personally opinion though.

I was questioning it, and as long as your team mate knows what you're at, theres no problems is there?
#12 - wild
Quote from pacesetter :I was questioning it, and as long as your team mate knows what you're at, theres no problems is there?

No there is no problem if it’s your teammate. I suppose if the people that have signed up to join the league have enough skill to bump-draft then why not. Although I’m sure the league administrators won’t change their mind on this.

BTW sorry if I seemed a little arrogant towards your post.
Bumpdrafting is prohibited. Though allowed in practise.

E: And yes, the (S1) Prize is designed for a friend as well. If the prize would be S2 you would still give it to a friend, right?

E: And where's your teammates here?
do we already have dates for the races??
#15 - wild
Quote from buck77 :do we already have dates for the races??

First race will be 12.4.2009 - and then every week after that we will have one race event (read .txt for this please)

That should be able to help you
Quote from wild :First race will be 12.4.2009 - and then every week after that we will have one race event (read .txt for this please)

That should be able to help you

It did help!!

thanks a lot!!!!
LFSWname - declang
Own Real Name - Declan Grady
Preferred Number - 68
Country code - IRL
Quote from wild :No there is no problem if it’s your teammate. I suppose if the people that have signed up to join the league have enough skill to bump-draft then why not. Although I’m sure the league administrators won’t change their mind on this.

BTW sorry if I seemed a little arrogant towards your post.

Thanks and no it didnt
no bumpdrafting allowed? pfft forget it then... that takes all the fun out of it.
Quote from teedot :no bumpdrafting allowed? pfft forget it then... that takes all the fun out of it.

racing without the bumpdraft is the fun part of it

E: Remember that you're racing for yourself here, not for your team since we do not have team competition
LFSWname - Scania
Own Real Name - H.K. Fung
Preferred Number - 132
Country code - HKG
Quote from teedot :no bumpdrafting allowed? pfft forget it then... that takes all the fun out of it.

For once I agree with you.
its much better without bumpdrafting, as LFS doesn't really have the game physics for it. Games like Nascar 2003 or iRacing are much better for that. LFS is great without bumpdrafting
Quote from 1993weeman :its much better without bumpdrafting, as LFS doesn't really have the game physics for it. Games like Nascar 2003 or iRacing are much better for that. LFS is great without bumpdrafting

Saying that, have you ever even tried iRacing? You can barely touch with getting a SR penalty, nevermind bumpdrafting.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG