The online racing simulator
#1 - Jakg
Can You Recover Files From A Corrupt SDHC Card?
Just bought a new memory card (4GB Transcend Class 6 SDHC) and a Fujifilm z100fd for the GF - it took 10 odd pics just fine and then started saying the card couldn't be initialised - You can't review pics on it either.

I tried putting it in my PC (or at least the eee - as it's the only thing I have with an SDHC reader) and it just said it couldn't be accessed (under XP).

Any suggestions? I plan on buying another one for my satnav (cheapest class 6 I can find), but don't need it urgently so I was going to buy another one, give that to her while I fix this one.

I'd imagine that formatting would fix it, but ideally i'd like to recover the pictures first - any ideas?
Have you tried mounting it in any linux live CD?

They use a bit different technology to mount FAT32/NTFS volume, I once recovered all(!) data from NTFS volume which was unreadable in Windows and detectable as Unknown in Gnome Partition Editor. You can mount private folders in linux too (e.g. C:\Documents and Settins\<User with password>).

I suggest you to use Ubuntu 8.10, it requires only 1 CD and it contains a lot of disk/FS tools.
#4 - Jakg
Would Recuva work even on a media that Windows can't seem to read or should I (quick) format it first?
Quick-format the disk, then use PhotoRec to recover JPGs. I've used it before on a card that had been quick-formatted on the camera, and it recovered everything taken in the last ~6 months
#6 - Jakg
Wow - Worked liked a charm - Nice one!

EDIT - At dougie-lampkin
Gratz

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG