The online racing simulator

Poll : Should it be needed a track where you can reach top speed?

Yes, I would like to try/test their natural top speed.
I do not care about it.
No, It would get ruined by those cheaters with Tweak.
YVIS: 3, Should it be needed a track where you can reach top speed?
Hello, I started to make this conversation of YVIS:

YVIS means, "You Vote It" Suggestion, in there, you can vote your opinions and talk about what is would be a best way to improve any thing on LFS, or is it even needed? You Vote It!

(PLEASE: Don't say that this already suggested or that this is not needed. I am trying to make good talk about YVIS - Questions with poll, which is telling your opinion and so on. Thank You)

This is not founded on similar threads anyway, This have got some talk about this case before.

Question 3: Should it be needed a track where you can reach top speed?

Why this is needed?
= Well, as usual, a high speed is very popular in almost any motorsport racing. For Example: NASCAR, Drag Racing, and Formula 1 have got that. And why not also a WRC?

In LFS Community, there is have talk about, a wish to create a long, very long or at least very high speed course/track, to reach the car's possible top speed. Of Course, then we have to think about those people, who will "tweak" their cars, and to get over 900km/h (560 mph) and then it will be ruined.

So, to make a high speed track for those, who wants to try their top speed of their setup, or to make a high speed track for cheaters? Or not to do at all?

What is your opinion? You vote it! (I am just asking, you are telling!)
Making threads with suggestions that have been suggested before is cool. Even cooler is the name! And the fact that we can also vote if we like it or not, WHOA!

Now only if the polls would affect something..

BTW, should it be needed = is it needed.
Quote from Huru-aito :Making threads with suggestions that have been suggested before is cool. Even cooler is the name! And the fact that we can also vote if we like it or not, WHOA!

Now only if the polls would affect something..

BTW, should it be needed = is it needed.

Now that's really cool! You didn't even talk about the point!
No, its not needed, its total waste of time and resources.
Quote from danowat :No, its not needed, its total waste of time and resources.

1 000 000 000 x 1 000 000 000 km track can be made in 5 minutes
There are 1001 improvements that could be made in 5 mins, many of them with real benifits to LFS, so they should come before something that is total pointless.
Quote from Shadowww :1 000 000 000 x 1 000 000 000 km track can be made in 5 minutes

Well? we are not taking an space racing?

And nobody could not race to the finish line
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Well? we are not taking an space racing?

And nobody could not race to the finish line

It is needed to only test top speed, isnt it?
Quote from Shadowww :It is needed to only test top speed, isnt it?

Yes, but realistically, where you can see 1 billion km long track IRL?
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Yes, but realistically, where you can see 1 billion km long track IRL?

Oh, sorry, my bad.

What about 100x100km? :P
I've never seen them race on a "Top Speed Track" in NASCAR or F1. All of them are limited in some way by the need to turn or slow down. The top speed of an F1 car would be about 250mph (if geared for it, with reductions in downforce etc). See the Honda F1 speed record attempts.
Where is the "Close this Thread" option?
Imo they should just do the drag stripe 10x, or even 100X long, simple - fun at some part. But maybe that's just me
Seems pointless.

If that was the case we'd be as well just having a virtual dyno where you click "benchmark" and it tells you, save you having to go through the motions. Forza 2 has that and I can count the number of times I've ever used it on one hand.
IMO it would be some fun with a race on a loong straight. Then there would be some tactics included, since drafting is faster than racing alone, and due to the length you could team up and use different tactics..
Well, maybe simple, but if they made a dragstrip copy-paste 10 times in a row with the tools they have should be pretty easy
That could work too, or just rezise oval 4 times, would be great imo hehe
If there was a community content integration system, yes because it wouldn't waste much dev time.

Otherwise, it would be pointless although a circuit like Daytona could have similar effects.
There are more reasons for voting no than "it would get ruined by cheaters with tweak".
Quote from zeugnimod :There are more reasons for voting no than "it would get ruined by cheaters with tweak".

I know! I just think about that way
only if it is a realy long road course with alot of banked turns and hairpins inbetween crazy long straights.

I was thinking of a track that would satisfy alot of people all at once, its a mountain course that travels up a realy long way, and then back down again, and it snakes back and forward at one place with alot of hairpins. Then inside that track is a long dirt section that can be broken down into a fue rally cross tracks, or used as one big rally stage.

Why just kill two birds with one stone when you can kill a whole flock with a realy big one?
tried playing with intake restriction? the uf-br maxes out on kyoto national and westhill...
Well, I mean intake restriction is the same as not pressing the throttle down as much.
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG