The online racing simulator
Pace Car Mod / Safetycar Phase
(4 posts, started )
so, i don*t know if there is something like that out there. but maybe someone needs an input for a new tool. (mostly wanted for 100 lappers on oval)

i want a saftycar phase DURING race like it is done on rolling start with racemanager at start.

is there a possibility to reconfigure the racemanager rolling start to do a safetycar phase during race?

- phases startes by crash on track (msg. from LFS Marshall e.g.)
- every car has to slow down to 100 km/h
- no overtaking
- race is nutralized for some laps
- application gives penalties for people who do not follow those rules, supervisez the behaviour like the rollingstart application does
- race will start again

which is all done in the roling start application in racemanager, but not during race.

someone has a clue for that?
I think, if you are at 2th place, and you brake,
what does the guy at 3th place do...
I mean, if he get the penalty, the guy at 2nd place has a big advantage...
I don't know hoe you want to un-bug this :P
when under safetycar phase you get commands from the application that tells you to close the gap to the front car. so if you are 2nd and braking you make a gap to the car in front. so you have to close that gap again. this IS working in the Rollingstart application at the moment. the only thing is, that rolling start only works in lap 1 of a race and only for 1 lap. So this new tool has to work 3 or more laps and restart race again.

so i need a command from LFS-Marshall e.g. "yellow flag on track", that starts a safetyphase almost similar to the rolling start. that means: speed limit, closing all gaps, no overtaking. people who are pitting in or spinnning out during that phase have to reorder themselfs at the back of the grid.

i know people who are braking to 50km/h will make problems, but hey what is kicking-vote for. i think if you join such an event you have to accept the rules.

Pacecar is always the leading car or if you have a slot free, you can use that slot for a safetycar driver!

i think it is no problem. but it's not done so far. and i don't speak python to do it myself )
To your idea. I find it good. Maybe there should be somekind of limit. If the race is only 5 laps, a three lap caution is too long. So it should be like in the FIA WTCC, that there are two or three laps of the caution, which doesn't count to the race.
I hope when there is a program like that, that works fine, Scawen Roberts, Eric Bailey and Victor van Vlaardingen install it in the normal LFS Program.

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG