The online racing simulator
#1 - Danke
can I disable the keypress click?
I'm using the program virtual-h (found it in this thread http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=5793) and a non-FFB joystick for a shifter. Virtual-h maps joystick x,y ranges to key presses, which then you can map to select gears in LFS. It works really nicely after I removed the centering spring, but...

Virtual-h constantly sends the key press, so it's as if I'm holding down a key on the keyboard. When you hold down a key in LFS, you get this repeating clicking sound, presumably to say, "hey, you're sitting on the keyboard!" You can set virtual-h to send the key press only once, but LFS won't stay in gear then.

I thought it might a general windows thing, but I only get the sound in LFS. Is there any way to disable that sound? I didn't see anything in the menu.

Thanks
Remove ButtonClick.wav from the data/sound folder (just rename it). You'll get an error message when you start lfs. No worries though.
To avoid the error message you can just rename a blank .wav file
Quote from Dajmin :To avoid the error message you can just rename a blank .wav file

True, never thought of that. Thanks.
#5 - Danke
Thanks guys!
#6 - Danke
I tried this last night and it was actually InvalidKey.wav, but I wouldn't have found it without your help. Thought I'd share that for anyone else too cheap to buy a shifter.

Thanks again.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG