The online racing simulator
LFS Reorder - A drag 'n drop grid ordering program
Hello Server Admins and League Organizers,
Here may be a useful program that, I've been using myself for a while, is time to release to everybody else. It is a GUI application that allows a user to drag a racer from the available racer list to the starting grid order list. Currently the program lists racers by username, but in next versions, I'd like to allow users to choose username or playername.

Instructions:
  • It is best to have your LFS server setup as /start=fixed, as this setting will help to eliminate any reorder problems that LFS could introduce. However, at minimum, LFS should be set to /start=finish.
  • Input IP address, InSim Port, and Admin password
  • Click connect
  • Drag racers from Available Racers list to Starting Grid Order list
  • Confirm Starting Grid Order list's order, from top to bottom, is correct for the order you want. (If not correct, drag a racer up or down until correct)
  • Once the list is ready, click the Send Reorder button to send the new order to LFS. If changes are needed after clicking the button, complete the changes and click the button again.
  • Once the "Order Updated" text shows, re/start the LFS session before closing the program.
Download

As usual, please post here with any problems that you may encounter, or suggestions you'd like to give.

Download

Changelog:
  • Added option to choose showing of username or playernames. Playernames were a big request as it helps make sure you chose the right racer.
  • Start
Two words: Simply nice.

Btw. in firefox it works too, maybe you use too old version.
I'm using the latest FF, and I just get 'network timeout'. Mabye you're using an old version, Shadowww, there was an update recently.

Wait, it's not working in IE either! downforeveryoneorjustme.com says 'Huh? doesn't look like a site on the interwho.'
What? I am using old firefox?
Life has ended!
No, i'm not.

Btw. Look at the most bottom line. :P
*ahem*

I was saying it might be working for you because you're using an out of date firefox (a kinda good thing), then , meaning IDK, meaning I wasn't really accusing you of it, then the second line cancelled out that theory completely!

The only thing I was saying in the end was that the link wasn't working at all for me. Mabye there's something wrong with the page? Other people don't seem to be having problems, it might just be me. If so, what might be wrong?

Now, why the hell am I being so defensive?
The link does not work !
Quote from Timdpr :*ahem*

I was saying it might be working for you because you're using an out of date firefox (a kinda good thing), then , meaning IDK, meaning I wasn't really accusing you of it, then the second line cancelled out that theory completely!

The only thing I was saying in the end was that the link wasn't working at all for me. Mabye there's something wrong with the page? Other people don't seem to be having problems, it might just be me. If so, what might be wrong?

Now, why the hell am I being so defensive?

I get also a message : Web Page inaccessible !
Connecting to burnsy.no-ip.info|65.29.66.170|:80... failed: No route to host.

please upload somewhere
Quote from paxton :
connecting to burnsy.no-ip.info|65.29.66.170|:80... Failed: No route to host.

please upload somewhere

+1
Sorry guys, forgot to mention that it's hosted on my server, which is my computer, which is in my room, and I turn it off during the night. It should work now. I'll see if I can host it elsewhere.
it won't automatically update whenever i post a new version though, so is best to "Install" from my site. But, no, not angry, thanks for rehosting.
When I run it,I got this error messages

An error occurred trying to download 'http://burnsy.no-ip.info/LFS_Reorder/LFS Reorder.application'.
Quote from Sheepy1977 :When I run it,I got this error messages

An error occurred trying to download 'http://burnsy.no-ip.info/LFS_Reorder/LFS Reorder.application'.

Try going to the website with IE. Also, you don't need to right-click on it and download, just click it, and the program does the work of downloading itself.
Do I have to be using IE7?
Attached images
fail.JPG
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :Do I have to be using IE7?

Technically no, you don't have to be using IE, I just find that the installer works best under IE. However, seeing your image there, I think your IE doesn't understand what the .application file is. It technically is a XML file, but instructs itself on how to download and install. Do you have any .NET version installed on that computer? In order for this to work, you need to have at least .NET 2.0 installed on the computer.
I have 2.0
Attached images
2.0 installed.JPG
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :I have 2.0

Actually, you've got 3.0. Well, a mime type on your computer must be messed up. Try this: right click on the "Install" like and save it with the .application extension. Then, try running that .application locally. Hopefully it will run correctly, and install the program for you. Let me know if this doesn't work. Failing this, I've no idea what to do to make it work.
Big update time:
The ability to choose between PlayerName and UserName has been added to the program. This was a big request from numerous people, and I've finally gotten around to adding this for all of you. Enjoy and please test to make sure it's working well. Download is in the OP, if you've installed a previous version, the next time you start the program, it should automatically update itself.
Pls upload as exe file somewhere.
If you click Restart when the program's not connected to LFS then it throws an unhandled exception.

But otherwise, nice work.
Damn, forgot to put the check on that button. Will fix later. Glad that it's working well for you.
-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999 : pm instead
I finally made it work. I notice it does not work with AI's. We are planning touse AIs as SC for a rolling start in a champ and this would work great for reordering the field before the start. Is it possible to change the app. to work with AI's as well?
No, because AI's still use the same lfsusername as the person that called them, so there's no real way to distinct between two AI's called by the same person. It might work if used with playernames enabled in the program, but you would have to test that.
Tried, did not work ... thanks anyway.

Another comment, when I type in the password field I can see the actual letters, is that supposed to be like that? I was expectiung the usual black dots used on password fields.
Yeah, I didn't think it was necessary to mask the password field since the program's only running on your computer.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG