The online racing simulator
Simple FF improvement
(15 posts, started )
Simple FF improvement
To not to set up every time that race a different car, the steering wheel rotate degrees. Can add something like...

If SteeringWheelRotate > than 720 then FFStrength=100%

It will be a easy solution to make lock to wheel when you turn more degrees than have the car that you choice
Using Logitech profiler and the in-game settings will automatically do this for you.
No.... If you choice a Formula with 450 degrees of steering, and if you turn you wheel more than that 450 degrees you feel 0 FF
Because the you're turning the wheel more than it goes in the game.. you want FFB in ranges that don't exist in the game?
You don't understand what i'm suggesting. What I suggest is if you turn your wheel more than LFS car to turn, you will have a LOCK (100% FF), now don't have a lock, you feel 0% FF

I can't to express very well in english, but is easy to understand I think...
Well I understand what you're saying and my G25 applies maximum FF resistance to turning if I steer more than the lock in the car.. it tries to spring it back until it's back into the range.
I think he's suggesting LFS should enforce soft stops instead of relying on the driver to do so.

That way, you would set your G25 to 900 and inform LFS about this, so you would have the correct amount of lock regardless of the car you're in.

IMO it would be waaay better if LFS was able to tell to the Logitech driver 'set the wheel for x degs lock' so we could have scripts set up the correct lock whenever a car is placed on track (much like it happens for the shifter set up now)
Quote from NightShift :I think he's suggesting LFS should enforce soft stops instead of relying on the driver to do so.

That way, you would set your G25 to 900 and inform LFS about this, so you would have the correct amount of lock regardless of the car you're in.

IMO it would be waaay better if LFS was able to tell to the Logitech driver 'set the wheel for x degs lock' so we could have scripts set up the correct lock whenever a car is placed on track (much like it happens for the shifter set up now)

Eehhhh... I get into an XFG and my wheel turns 720 degrees and then the FFB does everything possible to stop me...

I get into an FBM and when I go past 270 or whatever it is, the same happens.... I said to him in my first post that using some basic settings in the control setup it can be maintained.. namely set "degrees of rotation" to 720 (max in LFS), set "wheel rotation" to 720 in LFS and then put wheel compensation to 1 or whatever it was... only takes 5 minutes of playing about.. unless I'm missing the "point"?
IIRC there are no stops if you set up LFS that way.
What do you mean by "stops"? There's only so much force FFB can provide, and it's not like the DFP lock out to 180 degrees thing, but with infinite adjustment.

I'm with S14 here.

I set my Profiler to the same degrees as the car has, and I get a FFB stop when I go lock to lock.

It's a pain to keep changing the Profiler when changing car classes, but it's worth it. I'm thinking your problem is you either haven't created an LFS profile within Profiler, so it's using the Global setting of 900 degrees, or your LFS profile is set to 900 degrees.

Sometimes the Profiler will go a bit scatty and not lock properly, but it'll still throw 50% or so FFB at me to tell me I've gone past the amount of lock I set.

If you're getting annoyed with having to change the wheel turn amount in Options or the garage, use the scripting system. Spending 30 minutes on scripts has made my LFS time so much easier.
I've learned to put up with the wheel going past 270/540 in SS cars. I mean, how often do you ever go full lock in the middle of a race?
"Wheel turns x deg" and WTC only affect linearity not lock, it's as simple as that. The only way to change the lock is the profiler (=driver)
Nightshift is right.

Let's say you have 720 degree rotation for racing in the FZ5, then you want to switch to the FZR, then the "stop" will only occur past 720°, not 540°.
What would be good is an option which makes LFS change the Logitech profiler lock value. With this, no more annoying alt-tabbing each time you change a car
LFS should be able to tell the profiler to adjust it's new lock angle. There is an option in the profiler to "Allow game to adjust settings", but that doesn't do anything AFAIK. What does this do by the way?

The opener suggestes that LFS induces 100% FFB when you've passed the max steering angle you have set within game menu to by-pass the logitech driver/communication issues. Sounds like a good idea in theory.

Simple FF improvement
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG