The online racing simulator
[preview] Reflection textures
(84 posts, started )
#2 - Don
hey, they are quite nice, but maybe you could add some clouds to the reflections also?

fernbay reflection map is in dds directory and its file JAskyday1_E.dds
#3 - herki
hey, they look really nice - i'm looking forward to the finished product
Good job! Can't wait to get them
#5 - XsX!
wow, awesome
i'd like to try that!
Thanks for the reply's.

Quote from Don :hey, they are quite nice, but maybe you could add some clouds to the reflections also?

fernbay reflection map is in dds directory and its file JAskyday1_E.dds

I'll add some clouds where nescesary. Maybe I'll edit the sky-maps too, so there will be some non-clouded sky's (only for the circuits outside the UK, like Fern Bay and Kyoto of course). :P

But for the clouds I will have to wait a few days, since the reflections are based on real-life, and there are no clouds here at the moment.
#7 - XsX!
try this:
http://www.sxc.hu/

you will find lots of huge res clouds pics (need to register tho..)
#9 - Don
Quote from Darkone55 :
I'll add some clouds where nescesary. Maybe I'll edit the sky-maps too, so there will be some non-clouded sky's (only for the circuits outside the UK, like Fern Bay and Kyoto of course). :P

But for the clouds I will have to wait a few days, since the reflections are based on real-life, and there are no clouds here at the moment.

me and kidcodea did some hires skies for lfs, if you wanna check - http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=245
#10 - axus
"Kidcodea and I", Don :P
Very nice job on the textures! Can't wait for the finished product!
Link to download?
#12 - IcYX
Damn, this reflection textures are really nice...more realistic
Want to have it now :>

Greets,

IcY
I think these look great! If you look at a picture of a real racing car or any car, you dont tend to see as much clouds reflected in the paint work as much as you do in the normal lfs reflections. I think they are gonna look spot on and hope they are taken into affect with new patches
Keep up the good work!
Great work! Even if you just alter the Fern Bay reflections, I would be eternally grateful. I can't stand looking at the cars at that track.
#16 - orre
This rock
keep it up !
Looks absolutely spanking gorgeous. Download hi res, and I'll use it too

A must-have mod methinks...
Are these reflections for Blackwood also? I wish there were more hires textures, I have 256MB of vram, and LFS only uses up 30MB of it!
Quote from wheel4hummer :Are these reflections for Blackwood also? I wish there were more hires textures, I have 256MB of vram, and LFS only uses up 30MB of it!

They are for al circuits, and all conditions.
Darkone is trying to talk to me on MSN, but I keep ignoring him whilst I gawp at FZ50 GTR's at Westhill at dusk
#23 - XsX!
great great work!
Just installed them...

... OMG :Eyecrazy:
I like them, but I have just a couple things to say:

- I think there is far too much blue used in the normal day reflection.
- I also think there is too much orange in the dusk/evening reflection.

This is most noticeable on black cars. The day lightmap simply envelopes the car with so much blue! Just looks unnatural to me.

Here are the new and old lightmaps respectively.
Attached images
Blackwithnewlightmaps.JPG
Blacknormal.JPG

(84 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG