The online racing simulator
OPTIONS (not cars) we wanna see in S3
What do you guys would like to see in S3.
Like:working Wipers, Rain, Radio, Gear shift changes visible in cockpit (man shifts with hand), visible Odometer (that's the thing which measures the kilometres or miles you have driven right?), Damage (like NON bending but breaking glass :P, losing parts etc.), I want to see axles :P, suspension, No head through metal option, window opening, airco :P, airbags (VERY annoying :P)

p.s. if the first 2 things are implented, that's enough 4 me .

Good Luck Developers!
yes, yes, no, no, yes, yes, yes, yes, is that airconditioning? Why?, no.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Good Luck Developers!

Perhaps that should be good luck BlakjeKaas with a thread like this?

To be honest, yes and yes, but they've come up before, and like the rest are just natural progressions for the sim.
if lfs ever gets good enough to simulate dirt carried onto the track by cars that went off and rejoined the race id like to have a pitspotter telling me roughly where on the track ill have to watch out for dirt (same for oil etc)
Radio? Uhm, no.
Honestly, radio and airconditioning is neat, and it makes this sim more of a sim, but I think there are other nasty un-simlike (almost needforspeed like)things about the game which need to be fixed. It all deals with the so called "controller assists."

I think these should be dumped, as well as the automatic shifting.

Can't accelerate properly in a car? Tough, you need traction control. Want to drive a racecar in real life that doesn't have TC? Tough.

Can't accelerate in LFS? You should need traction controll to help you too. Want to drive the GTR's or the F08 or probably the XR GTI or UF1000? tough noogies.

Can't shift your own gears in real life? You gotta find a car available with an automatic.

Can't shift in LFS? You should have to do the same. A real automatic that upshifts when you lift off and has the torque converter effect as well.

I think ABS should also be offered, but I have gone over this too much already, just click the link in my sig and read that thread.

Any other things for S3? I would love to see weather, rain, snow (that would make it great for snow rallies, what about a frozen lake for frozen lake autoX's?), icing. I think there should be temperature affecting performance, tires, freezing of rain, etc. Maybe defrost and heater controls could come into play once it gets fancy? Wipers? Windsheild washer jets? Dirty spray from other cars?

How about mud sprayed up from other cars and your own car on a rally course?

Also, damage, but I already know the devs are improving this. (I'm pretty sure anyway).

Oh, and BRAKE TEMPERATURES ( affecting brake wear and brake fade!)and WEAR! Definitely.

Sometimes if you get them really got, they can even heat up the wheel and affect tire pressures as well?

Night racing?
-
(modenaf1) DELETED by modenaf1
Argh! I just typed out my thoughts on the clutch in LFS and how I thought it could get better and this damn quick reply greyed it out as I was typing, and when I was done it was like "please click on the damn thing from another post AGAIN" so I clicked it and it wiped out what I typed. Oh well..Vbulletin..heh...figures.
On a more serious note, I would like adjustment of AA/AF.
kay, lets roll

first, i think most peopz cherish lfs for being most real simulation of real racing... so why not to go next step of it, make it more realistic.
that means to me:

* i start my suggestions with an "every player account", also for demo users, so that these crasher bastards will have a special nick like in s2 and so they easy can be prooved of being guilty (with replays f.ex.) and BANNED on LIFETIME (couz they will have to register with full name and adress)

* more complex damage
(if i crash the wall with 200km/h the car must be splittet into 100 parts or must be that destroyed u cant go ahead with racing. i would like this very much also f.ex. in a 30lap race. makes very exciting NOT to touch the wall or drife safely to survive. also would be cool to have some carparts on track when crashed which disapper within 30secs. thing is peopz know if they buy lfs that they want to buy a SIMULATION and not arcade and a simulation has to be most realistic as it can be)

* in general more reality gaming like no arcade autoshift, better a version like reallife with kickdown and stuff, think next step guys...

* a pitspotter and/or radio (turn on/off option)
(very usefull to get information bout tires and fuel and possible danger on track via voice, so u just need to listen and not read stuff on screen while trying to race best laps )

* some racemanager controls
(i would combine the functions like the tools lfs lapper and racemanager already have into new server systems in s3. additional some more race control options for host of server maybe more punishment styles or more easy to use interface.)

* some safetycar would be funny that races like slow AI till the crashed car (thats out of funtion) is cleaned from track maybe via crane

* car sounds could be better esp the tyre sounds, not THAT much realistic, but i am optimistic for the future...

* i dont care the minimal menus in lfs, i like em i dont want that much animation and stuff like in gtr or dtm racer easy and fast - GOOD BOY LFS!

* more special tracks, cars, conditions(rain, snow, nightrace), dynamic weather,... lots of things possible, but lfs guys are not a 200 guy production team lol but i will let me suprise

thats the things i would like to see... and i personally think thats enuff. better few things more but they are very pro then , THAN loads of things that are buggy and useless... in trance we trust guys

and guys never forget, if u race a racecar, u race a racecar and not a automatic shifting brake assisting undestuctable gamecar

KEEP ON RACING - LFS RULEZ
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Gear shift changes visible in cockpit (man shifts with hand)

I meant that, if you shift, it's visible in cockpit...
so not auto shifting...

Quote from MoonForce :kay, lets roll
* more complex damage
(if i crash the wall with 200km/h the car must be splittet into 100 parts or must be that destroyed u cant go ahead with racing. i would like this very much also f.ex. in a 30lap race. makes very exciting NOT to touch the wall or drife safely to survive. also would be cool to have some carparts on track when crashed which disapper within 30secs. thing is peopz know if they buy lfs that they want to buy a SIMULATION and not arcade and a simulation has to be most realistic as it can be)

why in 30 sec...?
only if it's on places where it's not on the track they could disappear, but not if they are on the track,
oh, and if somebody got kicked/banned/going into pit, his parts must disappear too.
-
(BlakjeKaas) DELETED by BlakjeKaas : double-post
Maybe the parts could disappear when there are no one to see it. So it feels more like there was someone who went and cleaned the track. Or have the parts to be there until to the end of the race rather than just sudden disappearance. M'kay?
that's ok!
sure its better that parts are cleaned from track i think (i mean big parts like front bumper or whatever) ... like in real life, when guys from track clean parts of your car from track within some seconds ...
I would like to see more tyre smoke, so when you are really smoking around, drifting, burnouts etc you get a massive hazy cloud of smoke rather than just a pissy little bit by the tyres.
Private Messaging
I agree to the things stated above, they all would b good (apart from the radio and the air bags etc)

Especially liking the idea of parts falling off the car
- in-game private messaging
- an option for not downloading helmet skins
- server option to force no brake help and no throttle help
- disable brake and throttle help in hotlapping
-- maybe even disable automatic gearbox in hotlapping
- ban hybrid tyres from road tracks

In fact I'd love to see theese in S2 final.

As for S3:
- weather! (both fixed and dynamic)

Things mentioned before, like more complex damage, parts falling off, coplex brakes simulation, etc are just a matter of time, and IMO will be implemented.

But, for god's sake, dont tell me about radio, airbags and air conditioning.illepall Someone's going to suggest visual tuning in a minute... lol
visual tuning! half in jest though.

just wheels. because the same car with the same rim gets boring...

but everything everyone else said here is same for me.

one thing i would LOVE to see is the unforseeable damages. in a race, if you abuse your gearbox, it'll fail. hell, sometimes it just fails because it does. i'd love to see that happen in this game. over rev a little too much, you get a piston through the head. i'd love to see fuel air mixture adjustment, clutch feather, clutch wear, all that good stuff...
SURROUND SOUND

being able to hear where cars are in relation to you will make teh FOV problems a little less of a problem. Especially true on the oval, where you have cars racing just inches from each other.
Quote from KeiichiRX7 :SURROUND SOUND

being able to hear where cars are in relation to you will make teh FOV problems a little less of a problem. Especially true on the oval, where you have cars racing just inches from each other.

Funny you should mention that, i got out of bed just to post this. I have a 6 speaker setup here with so much unused potential.

Having surround sound would be oh so great.
The most important option i want to see i a mandantory cockpit view option!

I know, many people are afraid of the topic and it usually ends in endless discussions.
But it's not about realism, it just about fairness!
I had a league race yesterday, and i flipped in my LX6. The windscreen was totally damaged and i could'nt see shit. The suspension was totally fine.
I had to pit because of the reduced sight.
Another driver had almost the same kind of accident. He is a between the tires driver, and could just proceed as if nothing had happened.

I don't think this option should be used on public servers, because it's not necessery there. But for serious league racing it is.
And i even think you should be able to lock any view. If there is a league where the most drivers and admins want to use helicopter view, they should be able to do so.
(so don't make this a CV vs. other views argument, it's just about same conditions for all drivers)
HUGE BODY KITS, BIG ASS WINGS AND FAT CHROME!!!! YAYAYAYAYA

lol jk :P tho, being able to share dds file threw the NFS downloading thing(like for the skins) would be cool
Quote from inCogNito :The most important option i want to see i a mandantory cockpit view option!

I know, many people are afraid of the topic and it usually ends in endless discussions.
But it's not about realism, it just about fairness!
I had a league race yesterday, and i flipped in my LX6. The windscreen was totally damaged and i could'nt see shit. The suspension was totally fine.
I had to pit because of the reduced sight.
Another driver had almost the same kind of accident. He is a between the tires driver, and could just proceed as if nothing had happened.

I don't think this option should be used on public servers, because it's not necessery there. But for serious league racing it is.
And i even think you should be able to lock any view. If there is a league where the most drivers and admins want to use helicopter view, they should be able to do so.
(so don't make this a CV vs. other views argument, it's just about same conditions for all drivers)

good idea. just with some "race controll" hoster he could watch who could not be able to normally go ahead with race and force him to pit, anyway idea is ok

personally i would like more realism than fairness, means if u crash u r out, like in real life... just my personal position
Just two things:

1- a little aplication to help make setups, like Setup Analyser but integrated in the game

2- a real race start, not blocked, if you start before the green light you will have a drive through penalty
Quote from netsior :Just two things:

1- a little aplication to help make setups, like Setup Analyser but integrated in the game

2- a real race start, not blocked, if you start before the green light you will have a drive through penalty

Both have been mentioned several times before but they are good ideas

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG