The online racing simulator
LFS + NFS sounds
(39 posts, started )
LFS + NFS sounds
I prefer GTR2 sounds.
No thank you. :nol2:
The thing that really got me interested were the NFS car sounds. New ones are cool too, but no game can beat the NFS Underground 2 sounds!
NFS sounds don't contain ANY information at all.
it's just revs + throttle
or revs without throttle.

NO thank you.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :NFS sounds don't contain ANY information at all.
it's just revs + throttle
or revs without throttle.

NO thank you.

Actually, it's direction + throttle. The sounds aren't synced to the revs. When you accelerate from low rpm, it plays a wav file of the car accelerating from low revs. If you were to accelerate from high revs, it simply cuts off the first seconds.
So it's even worse than I thought?
Quote from hrtburnout :Actually, it's direction + throttle. The sounds aren't synced to the revs. When you accelerate from low rpm, it plays a wav file of the car accelerating from low revs. If you were to accelerate from high revs, it simply cuts off the first seconds.

LOL wWTF they failed at sound yes ive played NFS for years for fun and i stil hate it
Eh, say what you want but I think the car in that vid sounds damn good I bet that if the OP had just said "hey guys, I've made a new sound for LFS" without mentioning NFS, the reactions would be very different
-
(PioneerLv) DELETED by PioneerLv
NFS sounds do sound cool, but to have them in LFS would get annoying after a very short time. Keep them in NFS, that suits them
#11 - senn
LFS + CSR = improvement on standard. If you think u can do better, do it.
Yes. The NFS sounds 'cool', but in my opinion LFS sounds suit a simulation better because they give more information and are more realistic, even though they don't sounds as nice.
The sound is "cool", and sounds deep. But it's meant to be realistic, that ain't.
Delete this thread, please. :sorry:
NFS? Network File System? What's that have to do with racing sims?
Quote from wheel4hummer :NFS? Network File System? What's that have to do with racing sims?

QFT!

I personally think that although the Need For Speed sounds are fairly good, they would be a bit OTT for use in LFS IMHO.
Quote from PioneerLv :Delete this thread, please. :sorry:

Take this as a Warning, dont post silly stuff you need to learn about the people here on the forums, there defend it (lfs) to the high heavens if need be..... just think next time or use the search feature its been posted many many times before.
Quote from PioneerLv :Delete this thread, please. :sorry:

Relax, nobody has flamed you or bashed you yet, so no worries Of course, you could have predicted that very few people were going to reply positively about this, if only because the thread title contains "NFS" I stick to my opinion that if it had been someone else who posted that vid with no mention at all of NFS, then a lot of people who now dismiss it as unrealistic would have been drooling all over it.
Quote from obsolum :Relax, nobody has flamed you or bashed you yet, so no worries Of course, you could have predicted that very few people were going to reply positively about this, if only because the thread title contains "NFS" I stick to my opinion that if it had been someone else who posted that vid with no mention at all of NFS, then a lot of people who now dismiss it as unrealistic would have been drooling all over it.

To me that is not at all the reason. It's really because I expected it to sound a lot better than it actually did in that video. I don't think it sounds that great to be honest.
Quote from Gills4life :To me that is not at all the reason. It's really because I expected it to sound a lot better than it actually did in that video. I don't think it sounds that great to be honest.

Granted, there's a lot better sounds out there, but I think it at least sounds way better than the default sounds in LFS
Sure it may sound better than defaults but there are tons of sound edits that are better than the originals.
Quote from Gills4life :Sure it may sound better than defaults but there are tons of sound edits that are better than the originals.

E.g. Real life.
closest you can get to mixing other game's sounds with LFS is to take it's backfire wav's and cut them up so lfs can recognize and use them. rFactor's and GTR 2's work perfectly.
The thing about LFS sounds is that they are linked directly to the mechanicals of the car. Unlike the 'nicer' sounds in NFS which are just that, sounds. They don't confere and infomation about the state of acceleration or give any 'real time' feedback of throttle positions and the like.

LFS sounds will, I am sure, get better as the programming progress's towards S3 but you do know that you can edit the sounds yourself within LFS don't you? I can give my FZR a very boxery bark which sounds very throaty with just a little bit of tweaking. Explore LFS and the possibilties it offers you before falling head over heels in love with 'looks but no substance' sounds. LFS may not have the looks of a catwalk model, but by god it can out think one. And I know which one I'd rather take down the pub.

LFS + NFS sounds
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG