The online racing simulator

Poll : Pick Your Track

Closed since :
KY National Reverse
KY National
South City Chicane
South City Long
ATC 60 Lap GP - XFR @ KY Nat Reverse - Sunday 18th January 2009
Hi all. First GP of the year, Been ever so busy lately but have decided its time for some good ol' fashioned FUN without the need to be in a long thought out league.

The track... Its down to a 3 day poll to decide the winner. at which time the Signups will be opened. Vote for your track in the poll above!

This is Slightly different to start off this year, and i am going to GARUNTEE that there will be a race every 2 or 3 weeks after this (varying).

It will be a tight race but im sure we can all make it through without a problem as we always have done in 60 Lap GP's.

So heres the details:

Server(s) hosted by http://www.500servers.com

Please sign up via the links provided in the post if you want to race. Please let me know if you sign up and then find out you cannot make it.

Full Race Details Below:

Date: Sunday 18th January.
Time: Server Opens: 18:40 GMT
Open Qual: 19:00 GMT (25 minutes)
Race Start: 19:35 GMT
LFS Version: S2 (latest patch to date)

Server: ATC 60 Lap GP
Car: XFR (XF GTR)
Track: KY National Reverse (KY2R)

PLEASE REMEMBER: ALL TIMES ARE IN GMT. This thread was posted at 23:46 GMT.

Practice server ONLINE: Currently Closed

Rules:

We use some CRC Rules as guidelines. THESE ARE ONLY GUIDELINES but please try to follow them:

1. Incidents: If you hit another driver and gain a position advantage it is good sportsmanship to allow that driver to retake his position. We do not expect you to stop racing. Use your head, give some courtosy.

2. Defensive driving: Blocking is all part of a great race. You are allowed to block other drivers from passing you as long as:

(1) No deliberate contact is made

(2) the other driver is NOT beside you. If the driver is already beside you DO NOT force that driver off of the track.

3. Exiting pits: When exiting pits make sure that it is clear before you enter onto the racing line. Use of the track map and the look left & right keys/buttons is recommended. If cars are approaching, do NOT leave the pit lane unless you are fighting for position - Please do NOT cross the pit exit line when leaving the pits unless there is an obstruction that makes it impossible not to do so.

4. Re-entering track: If you go off the track in a race DO NOT reset the car or drive back onto the track. You could possibly ruin another race in progress. Again, you should use your map and look controls to see if anyone is coming. If you do re-enter the track safely but are too slow and drivers are getting closer behind you... drive off the racing line, or if necessary, pull off to the side of the track to give room.

5. Car Damage / Fuel: If your car gets severely damaged in an incident and you want to try and make it back to the pit lane, then, drive off the racing line to let faster cars past. If you run out of fuel get off the racing line as soon as possible or pit right away. We recommend that you turn your hazard lights on to let other players know you are a caution on the track (press 9 on your keyboard. 0 to turn them off).

6. Contact: Rubbing and tapping are all parts or everyday racing, so, this is allowed as long as it doesn't harm anyone's race or gain you an advantage. Due to occasional lag, small taps may cause a major crash, so be careful!

7. Race Rules: If you are being lapped by leaders please let them pass you, when it is safe do to so ( i.e. not in the middle of a chicane ), and as quickly as possible. You should be told by an on screen message if you are being lapped, the words “Blue Flag� will be displayed.

8. Pitting: Pitting can become dangerous if you do not pay attention. It is required that you drive in the 'pit lane' used to enter and exit the pits. Don't drive straight across every pit box, instead go to the furthest available pitbox. - This will allow more drivers to pit safely on the same lap(s)

9. Deliberate Corner Cutting: Deliberate Corner cutting is not liked. Please dont do it.

**NOTE: As this is not a CRC Event some of the above rules are flexible and are meant as guidelines only. We DO expect all participents to follow these guidelines as if the way you drove had consequences in real life.

If a driver who has entered the race is unable to attend on the day it is upto THAT DRIVER to find a replacement to drive for him and to let ATC Franky500 know about the change as soon as it is known. (e-mail: [email protected]). If the driver is unable to find a replacement then a reserve driver will be given the space.

All results and replays will be posted on the LFS Forum within 72 hours of the race. Please feel free to post your own race reports in a thread which will be provided on the day.

Confirmed Drivers: 14 / 32

ATC Dadge 35
ATC Franky500
ATC gAg
ATC Widdow

[ER] S.Alfons
**Scott Moore
T7R|Exodus
T7R| BBO
T7R|Three Jump
T7R|Pingo

P.Santos
Citywidemicke
VoiD
SpeedCore.Luísíí
#2 - dadge
either combo is good. so i voted for ky3r
Signup is now OPEN

Track will be KY National Reverse
I have to withdraw, can't find the time to practice enough and can't drive the XFR at all anymore. Didn't touch it for half a year or so.

Sorry.
Quote from zeugnimod :I have to withdraw, can't find the time to practice enough and can't drive the XFR at all anymore. Didn't touch it for half a year or so.

Sorry.

#6 - garph
Don't care if it's just us (ATC) racing around, really need to do something to get back into playing LFS. Not done any racing since the end of the TDC, which was excellent, just in a bit of a LFS down turn at the min.

...also get a chance to use my new monitay in anger
im more than likely not gonna be there either now. Sorry
Interested
I would be interested, but I think this overlaps with Q1 for the MoE 24hr, which I have to admin.
ahh well, dont worry if you cant make this one,

I'm expecting the first 3 - 4 races to be fairly small grids anyway since its been away so long.

But not to worry, Keep checking back and join in when you can. Will look forward to seeing you there.
Signed in
could end up going better than i thought.

And to think Zeug.. u pulled out! (prematurely!!)
#13 - th84
Quote from franky500 :

Yea, like he's never done that before.
(<- should be the biggrin smilie but whenever I post it ":" and "D" then the forum or FF makes a small "d" out of it )
I signed up too.
I'm not sure I can make it in time though.
Quote from franky500 :could end up going better than i thought.

Sorry but I seriously had to practice a lot for H2H so I would have been hopelessly slow in this race anyway.
Quote from zeugnimod :Sorry but I seriously had to practice a lot for H2H so I would have been hopelessly slow in this race anyway.

you chicken!
Quote from three_jump :you chicken!

Pff. Last week I practiced so much on the FBM combo that I actually was able to beat even you at that one evening so it was worth it.
Come now Zeug, we all know you can pitch and not be a noob and at the same time have a good race pace

Stop being a chicken
Nooo, I won't be persuaded to join this race.
Signed in
Quote from zeugnimod :Nooo, I won't be persuaded to join this race.

Buck, buck, buck, BUCK-KAWWWWK!
#23 - VoiD
Signed in. Sounds like good fun!
List updated.

Looking nice .. apart from that big blue bunch
Unfortunately I'm working until 10pm so I won't be able to race, shame because it's one of my favourite combo's.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG