The online racing simulator
New Event Database at spdoRacing.com
Following a significant amount of work over the course of the last year, the spdoRacing website has finally reached a state which I consider acceptable for public consumption!

Some of you have probably already discovered the Event Database and Satellite areas of spdoRacing.com, but for those of you who are not familiar with our site, here is a brief summary of its features:
  • Replay hosting - currently the site holds over 3,000 LFS league replays, with a combined size of over 25 gigabytes
  • Replay parsing - uploaded replays are parsed by our own script which, unlike other parsers, searches the actual body of the MPR file in order to provide more detailed statistics, including information on drivers who fail to finish and full support for driver changes
  • Competition, driver and team results - results taken from replays are stored in our database, allowing users to browse all the results of a particular driver, team or competition
  • PB and hotlap information - users are also able to view the latest personal best and hotlap times of a certain driver, or more interestingly, a particular team
  • Statistics! - the top teams, drivers and nations, based on league results, are ranked on the site, allowing the LFS community a new form of competition and an interesting means of comparison
  • F1 style live timing - the Satellite area of the site enables users to follow any online session using a more powerful, F1 style live progress page
Driver userbar

[spdor]joshdifabio[/spdor]

The driver userbar simply requires that you enter your LFS license name.

Team userbar

[spdot]154[/spdot]

The team userbar requires that you enter a unique team id. These are assigned by LFS World and can be found on our website's team index by clicking the team in question and taking the number from the URL.

There are some known bugs, especially when using Internet Explorer, and there is also still a large amount of work which I plan to do. Indeed, due to its nature, the site will most likely never be 'complete'.

I would be most grateful for any suggestions, constructive criticism or appreciative comments you guys can give me

Edit: Do let me know of any leagues which might benefit from being added to the database.
#2 - Gil07
As I already said in the awards thread, amazing job with that page, congrats
:smash3d: I rule this to be awesome...
fantastic job josh! never saw something great like this.
really great to see so many statistics of most league races.
Bump!
#6 - Bean0
That is really good.

Stats for all sorts of things, and data about pretty much every LFS league I can think of.
Awesome work Josh and companions. It's great to have that much information available at one point, which is easily accessible.
Great site - I've used this for a long time and recommend it to anyone even remotely interested in leagues.
Great work, Josh. This is why I voted for you guys.
Great work, keep it up please ! I just hope to see one day more leagues on it... That would be awersome !
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Great work, keep it up please ! I just hope to see one day more leagues on it... That would be awersome !

If there are any you want added then tell me! I generally only add leagues if people are likely to provide me with replays, but other than I'm happy to add anything.
Wow, only just noticed this, amazing piece of work, a hell of a lot of info there.

How do the replays get submitted?, do you go and hunt them down?, or wait for someone to upload?
I hunt them down! It would be most helpful to me if you could add the RSC ones, though. I'll track you down on msn and let you know how.
No worries, I can sort em out, might be better to PM me the details though, I am rarely on MSN these days.

Just a thought, how about a "Replay needed for this event" flag on an event page that doesn't have a replay?
Awesome database, hats off, must have been a lot of work!

I saw the hungarian league`s previous seasons were included, but not the latest one, do you only miss the replays to do this?
Afaik the replays are always provided on lfs.hu. I'll try and add the latest season(s) asap .
Quote from danowat :No worries, I can sort em out, might be better to PM me the details though, I am rarely on MSN these days.

Just a thought, how about a "Replay needed for this event" flag on an event page that doesn't have a replay?

http://www.spdoracing.com/eventdb/replays/sessions

http://www.spdoracing.com/even ... ition/39/replays/sessions

A red icon indicates that the given session is missing a replay. Did you have something else in mind?

Edit: I see what you're saying. I do plan to have something like that at some point, all of the replay management is a little under-developed at the moment which is the main reason I've been adding all the replays myself. I'll PM you with instructions on how to add replays .
Quote from joshdifabio :Afaik the replays are always provided on lfs.hu. I'll try and add the latest season(s) asap .

thx!
Quote from joshdifabio :If there are any you want added then tell me! I generally only add leagues if people are likely to provide me with replays, but other than I'm happy to add anything.

This is something I can do for you. I'll try to get replays files of leagues I took part in the last months, and then I'll send them to you.

Sorry for the late answer anyway.

PS : May I also give you links to detailled stats of races, or do you generate stats yourself from the replays?

EDIT2 : Could you explain me how to upload the replays?
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :This is something I can do for you. I'll try to get replays files of leagues I took part in the last months, and then I'll send them to you.

Sorry for the late answer anyway.

PS : May I also give you links to detailled stats of races, or do you generate stats yourself from the replays?

EDIT2 : Could you explain me how to upload the replays?

Well before replays can be uploaded I need to add the leagues . If you can link me to schedules for the league(s) in question I'll be happy to add them.
Quote from joshdifabio :Well before replays can be uploaded I need to add the leagues . If you can link me to schedules for the league(s) in question I'll be happy to add them.

OK. I'll send you a PM later on the night.
LFS Beginners' Cup Season 2 and Triple Double Cup Season 1 replays uploaded.
Thanks for that, mate!
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :LFS Beginners' Cup Season 2 and Triple Double Cup Season 1 replays uploaded.

Oh thanks Yann

EDIT: Rob - you're not from the vatican!!!

EDIT 2: Would the member of AA Emergency Racing please remove Dekojester and JO53PHS from their Team Roster. Although having a member called "AA Emergency FAIL (JO53PHS)" did make me laugh, we'd rather they belong to our team please.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG