The online racing simulator
Drift Skool UK
(29 posts, started )
Drift Skool UK
Drift Skool UK is a real life school for drifting for men and women.

It helps new comers learn to drift in basic steps, starting at Dohnutting around a cone, figure of 8 and then progressing onto the track.

I thought it is such a good scheme in real life, that i should run one on live for speed, even better, for free! Here pro's and new comers can come to train and learn.

The server ( Drift Skool UK ) will be online every wednesday at 6pm GMT unless technical issues occur.

It is open to anyone to come along.

REAL Drift Skool UK Website = http://www.driftskool.co.uk
Gr8 idea for newcomers to improve their techniques and give some basics
I'm not exactly incomer, but definitely this will come handy for me too. I'll be there.
sounds cool. See you wednesday
i was looking for something like this, glad i found this, i'll check it out
I think i might make my way over to this. Will help me quite a bit in my skills

Cheers
well it is turning out better than i thought - i ran it last night at about 11:30pm and ended up staying on until 5 this morning due to the amount of people coming to learn. I suppose the layout i made with the cone dohnutting, figure of 8 and track was a bit too small so tonight i will make a new one...

glad there is some interest
ahhhh i just noticed - very bad time too start drift skool on wednesday nights - this week is new years eve lol!

drift skool UK will be starting next wednesday night at 6pm GMT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from CrAbStEr DrIfTeR :well it is turning out better than i thought - i ran it last night at about 11:30pm and ended up staying on until 5 this morning due to the amount of people coming to learn. I suppose the layout i made with the cone dohnutting, figure of 8 and track was a bit too small so tonight i will make a new one...

glad there is some interest

I R BE THAR.

Edit: To everyone in GMT+10. It will be on THURSDAY the 8th at 4am. (And will always be at this time)
oh man... 4am?!!?!? i wish lol~

good luck crabster! its an awesome idea...
If many people from your side do want to take part i may run it once or twice on a weekend overnight (GMT NIGHT ) meaning you can all try it - i will have to think on that though depending on ow many people want to come from the further timezones.
Track Shots!!

So there are 3 parts to the layout for drift skool (now made), now to show you.

Dohnut Tyres

The tyres are for newbies to drift around. First off you turn into the tyre, then go up into gear 1, hold the clutch and build the revs up to about 5000rpm. Then whilst you are still steering into the tyre, let go of the clutch and let the wheels spin. When your back end starts to kick out, be fast to catch the back end by steering against it. This will allow the front of the car to move. AThen all you have to do is steer around the cone, always remembering that your back end is sliding so you have to keep your balance right. Best way too overcome this is to keep your front wheel's straight with the tyre.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Advanced Drift Area

In the Advanced area you are able to either drift around the big circle (main part) or go too the far side of the arena to practice on a tight, more fun part (like a mini track). All you do is the same as the dohnut except you can handbrake into the corner at high speed or you can go into it, clutch on, build up to 5000rpm, let go and catch (most likely in 2nd gear).
On the tight track at the far end, the tight corners may require 1st gear but on the long part at the back, try and keep your back end out all the way across without hitting the bails on the inside or wall on outside. It is easier done than said!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Tricky Drift Track

For the final stage of training, the road leads you too a long, fast yet tricky track at the back. Something that Pro Drifters would prefer.
This gives you a taste of what is in store for you and gives you a feel of how a car controls at high speeds, with the rear end acting as if it were on ice. On the long corners at either side, try to produce speeds of 60-80mph in 2nd/3rd gear if you can, this will give you the full track experience. On the slower parts, stay in 2nd gear, drop down too first and you are pretty much back to basics. Try and get round as fast and stylish as you can!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After this you can come back to the DriftWorks.com server or go to any other server and drift with the pro's, With nobody complaining!

The "Drift Skool UK" server will be on starting from next wednesday at 6pm GMT running on until 9/9:30pm GMT. This allow's Plenty of time for practice on all area's of the layout.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DriftWorks.com server is on Tuesday + Thursday to Sunday. Monday night is not on due to Motor Club Meeting. Times may Vary.
SERVER TEST

6pm GMT TODAY!

EDIT : Dedi would not work tonight - problem solved for wednesday!
sounds fun
Am very eager to give this a shot. The layouts look great, and will be quite fun (am guessing).
Wouldn't mind coming along to one of these myself as i need to brush up on my driftin
im gonna get in on these lessons, where ive only had s2 for about a week the drifting for me ended with patch x. the only track i can actually drift that looks like im drifting now is blackwood in the xrt with some random set i found on the internet. o and ive never realy understood gmt time so around what time would be in eastern time i live in kentucky.
REMINDER...

Drift Skool UK
6pm GMT!!!!!!
I can't seem to find it?
Just drove in the server. Seems like good fun(although we only tried to drive on 2 wheels:razz. Good luck with it
Oops, I forgot... How was it? Did anyone come? How many.. and what were you teaching.. etc. I'm interested.
DAMM i forgot to come as well.

am sorry, was it any good?
Bose, how did you find it, i kept refreshing, but i didn't find it
it's over allready? im just now getting home from school

Drift Skool UK
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG