thanks!
downloaded without problem here
???

nice engine
-
(--PoDo--) DELETED by --PoDo--
Quote from pbwablo :???

looks nice,
but try to make somting over the headlight.
this looks not good
I find it to 'flat' It has no 'depth' if you know what i mean.
It looks ok, but I agree Bose321. Needs more depth.
Quote from Bose321 :I find it to 'flat' It has no 'depth' if you know what i mean.

Because it's a texture and not actually modeled.... which is pain in the arse if you're not automotive engineer or ever assembled an engine.

*pulling out his hair trying to good pictures or schematics for Saleen S7's V8*
Quote from Crommi :Because it's a texture and not actually modeled.... which is pain in the arse if you're not automotive engineer or ever assembled an engine.

*pulling out his hair trying to good pictures or schematics for Saleen S7's V8*

I have a simple modeled engine with a texture, and that looks aLOT better.
yes maybe....
this is my scene,and it was just a try for fun.
only a textured plane,but it schows the real scirocco engine.

please schow your modeled engine ......
I cant open this scene, the error message i get is "missing dlls" and a list of 5 files-SceneEffectLoader.dlu, 3 files named biped.dlc, and a file named BuiltIn...
then it gives me a 'file open failed' message...

I have 3dsmax7, any advice? Thx
Go to the Scenes/Meterials thread and download the scene I did, this scene will be for 3DS Max 8 or higher.
Im lookin for this scene to Cinema 4d.
Here is my engine i used before on the XRT. Nothing high poly or whatever.
Attached images
open hood.jpg
LOL at reflection under hood
there should be reflection of the engine not hood

EDIT: or is the hood made of glass, so i can see the picture there? or there is a picture under the hood ?
Quote from Cherry :LOL at reflection under hood
there should be reflection of the engine not hood

EDIT: or is the hood made of glass, so i can see the picture there? or there is a picture under the hood ?

Do your homework. It's called transparent.
I think what he meant was that he could see the skin on the underside of bonnet... Which is not supposed to show through.
Quote from samyip :I think what he meant was that he could see the skin on the underside of bonnet... Which is not supposed to show through.

I understand, but that's because it's transparent... And it's not about the hood, it's about the engine. This was one of my first renders, so gimme a break...
That is'nt transparent. That is because the top and the bottom of bonnet has the same material/skin.
For Default Scanline Renderer of 3ds max, you can use the 'double sided' material to solve this problem, which you can assign different material/skin to the top and bottom side of a single sided object.
For other renderer, 'double sided' material may not be supported. however,
you could easily add a shell modifier to the detached bonnet so it turns into 'solid' object, which you can then select the top side of the bonnet object to have a different material/skin to the bottom side of the bonnet.
wow Nice render so great!
i can't download this, could someone send me a working link?

LFS VW Scirocco Render Scene
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG