The online racing simulator
nickname length
(30 posts, started )
nickname length
i havent found this suggestion here so I hope it really isnt here
here is the thing...our team tag and nickname needs more "letters" than LFS allows...i think it is quite simple to allow longer nicknames...if i wanna change colour few times in nick then it has to be really short
I hope this can be fixxed in delayed Xmas patch
Quote from bavorak :i havent found this suggestion here so I hope it really isnt here
here is the thing...our team tag and nickname needs more "letters" than LFS allows...i think it is quite simple to allow longer nicknames...if i wanna change colour few times in nick then it has to be really short
I hope this can be fixxed in delayed Xmas patch

Why do you need more than 32 letters?
Quote from Shadowww :Why do you need more than 32 letters?

When you use another color, it counts as a letter too, so when having other colors its way less than that.
Quote from Rascar13 :When you use another color, it counts as a letter too, so when having other colors its way less than that.

I am Shadowww. Wait, is your name in passport colourful too?
Quote from Rascar13 :When you use another color, it counts as a letter too, so when having other colors its way less than that.

Every colour change = 2 characters so you can quickly eat up all of your characters.
i wanned ///M.bavorak and i could write only ///M.bav
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Every colour change = 2 characters so you can quickly eat up all of your characters.

Yea, didnt know if it was one or two characters.
when you use white colors.
than you can putt more characters then a other color.
its annoying for people with long names.
This is a racing game.
Quote from BlueFlame :This is a racing game.

yes i know.
This is a example :
if you typ Bass-Driver is yellow you get this Bass-Dri .( not the full name)
this is the same for other colors. But if you choose white you get the full name. so i think its a small bug.
Quote from Bass-Driver :yes i know.
This is a example :
if you typ Bass-Driver is yellow you get this Bass-Dri .( not the full name)
this is the same for other colors. But if you choose white you get the full name. so i think its a small bug.

well, actually coding colors have something little problems: I will test the colors right now!

Default: 23 letters
Other colors: 21 letters
I'm probably totally wrong, but does it use up 2 characters for a colour change because *behind the scenes*, it is writing something like ^3RacerNameHere?
Quote from JO53PHS :I'm probably totally wrong, but does it use up 2 characters for a colour change because *behind the scenes*, it is writing something like ^3RacerNameHere?

Exactly.
You buy the game to race not to make colourful names like 12year old girls making friendship bracelets.
Quote from BlueFlame :You buy the game to race not to make colourful names like 12year old girls making friendship bracelets.

Don't assume these things.
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Don't assume these things.

It's not something that needs to be changed, it just isn't. There will always be people complaining for more characters whether it gets extended or not. Colours aren't important to the game at all, it's not like you won't buy the game because you CAN'T have colours in your name. In my opinion colours should only be for team tags, if for a name it should be a maximum of 3 colour (to cater for flag colours etc) if you can't do this it's tough luck in my opinion. Maybe you should start changing your name every 4days like these other kids do.
Quote from BlueFlame :It's not something that needs to be changed, it just isn't. There will always be people complaining for more characters whether it gets extended or not. Colours aren't important to the game at all, it's not like you won't buy the game because you CAN'T have colours in your name. In my opinion colours should only be for team tags, if for a name it should be a maximum of 3 colour (to cater for flag colours etc) if you can't do this it's tough luck in my opinion. Maybe you should start changing your name every 4days like these other kids do.

I was joking!

My sarcasm doesn't come across the internet very well.
Quote from JO53PHS :I'm probably totally wrong, but does it use up 2 characters for a colour change because *behind the scenes*, it is writing something like ^3RacerNameHere?

and some "letters" like for example "/" or such ones or any japan or chinese letters take much more space

okey everybody writes that it is absolutely useless but we have some team tag and really wanna have it because it looks quite good but we cant...of course this game isnt about it but it wont be anything radical to change it...and as i said it isnt just about colour you use but also about the characters you use
Quote from bavorak :and some "letters" like for example "/" or such ones or any japan or chinese letters take much more space

okey everybody writes that it is absolutely useless but we have some team tag and really wanna have it because it looks quite good but we cant...of course this game isnt about it but it wont be anything radical to change it...and as i said it isnt just about colour you use but also about the characters you use

totally agree with you

i use ^7[d^1F]^7Drifty as nickname soo i cant realy add color lol i needed to change name cuz my older one was too long
Changing the font-color for your nickname should be disabled altogether.
Quote from breadfan :Changing the font-color for your nickname should be disabled altogether.

No cause what about teams who have coloured tags?
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :well, actually coding colors have something little problems: I will test the colors right now!

Default: 23 letters
Other colors: 21 letters

lmao like we wouldn't know that already, every color does +2letters.. jeez grow your brain

E: ^1,^2 etc if you can't understand.
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :lmao like we wouldn't know that already, every color does +2letters.. jeez grow your brain

E: ^1,^2 etc if you can't understand.

lmao i'm sure not everybody knew that so it probably helped them.. jeez grow your brain
Quote from zeugnimod :lmao i'm sure not everybody knew that so it probably helped them.. jeez grow your brain

"When you use another color, it counts as a letter too, so when having other colors its way less than that."

Already said above.. eh

E: ALSO; "Every colour change = 2 characters so you can quickly eat up all of your characters."

I really don't want to argue about this with you
Quote from Tomba(FIN) :"When you use another color, it counts as a letter too, so when having other colors its way less than that."

Already said above.. eh

E: ALSO; "Every colour change = 2 characters so you can quickly eat up all of your characters."

I really don't want to argue about this with you

It is true that it has been said in previous posts already, yes. There is still no need for the attitude you showed in your posts.

I don't want to and I am not argueing, either but for what other reason than to argue did you make that post in response to UnknownMaster21? There was no additional information in your post. You just quoted his post from 4 days ago and attacked him personally. Not very mature IMO.

nickname length
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG