The online racing simulator
Need suggestions abaut new PC
(10 posts, started )
#1 - Dmt
Heh.. planning to get a new pc very soon, maybe this week and I need your advises.. What pc could I build for budget of 640€ ?
So far I found these parts, but some say that Quad Core would be beter solutsion or even Athlon X2 7750BE

But please leave your opinions here, thankyou

- Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 3,0/6Mb LGA775
- Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD502IJ 500Gb 7200rpm, SATA-II 16Mb cache
- 2x2GB DDR2 1066+ Over Clock Extreme Edition
- Chieftek 600W ATX Power Supply
- Club 3D ATI RADEON HD 4850 512MB 256BIT GDDR3
- Asus P5Q
Quote from Dmt :So far I found these parts, but some say that Quad Core would be beter solutsion...

It's Quad CoRe.

I personally would prefer to have a Quad Core just simply because I work with Photoshop and video editing software a lot. From a gaming stand point, there isn't much that can bring a 3.0 GHz or better processor too it's knees, and we're not even get into overclocking... So if all your going to do is game, then go with a better speed Dual Core. Considering the price difference, I'd have to go with one.
I completely agree with BigTime, a fast dual-core is better for gaming than a slower quad-core. The opposite is true for photo editing and movie editing.

Final thing, the Athlon 7750 is a piece of shit so don't go for it, E8400 is awsome, I know cause I have one myself.
Yep, can't see anything wrong with those specs. Don't bother with Quads if you're on a budget.
PSU is a bit ott I think. 450W should be easily enough for a PC with your specs. My rig has got a c2d 6550, 2 gigs RAM, a 4850 and such. I'm using about 170-180 Watts when playing lfs (including sound system, 22' tft and while having other programs running like paint shop, ventrilo,....)
So a decent 400-500W psu should be more than you'd need. In my case that is a super silent nesteq 4501 afair.

greetz

der butz
You don't need huge output levels, but don't be tempted to get cheap with a PSU.

As I just posted in another thread, go for a named-brand PSU. They're more expensive, but a lot more stable. Cheap PSUs are a lot more likely to go boom, a lot more likely to take out other components when they die, as well as having unreliable voltage levels and often don't put out anything like the power they are labelled with.

Brands to look for are:

Antec
Corsair
Zalman
Coolermaster
OCZ
Enermax
Asaka
Thermaltake
depends where you live, nesteq is a pretty reliable brand over here, also enermax... But yes, go with something that sounds like you've heard before and which isn't too cheap

greetz

der butz
laptop problems
Hi guys,

I was wondering if you guys could help i have a few problems with my laptop. One is my screen is cracked and i have a big screen at home on my desk but its not really efficient so i was searching and searching on dell.com (or something one of their websites anyway) and couldnt find one but thats not really urgent. Another problem is my battery is broken so i was looking on dells website aswell but new bateries are mad money so i have to have my laptop plugged in all of the time which is a waste of money and dangorous. Annd the last and most recent problem is that when i have a few windows open lets say adobe photoshop, lfs and one or two folders everything just freezes for a few mins and then a blue screen appears and tells me that i dont have enough ram on my computer and to restart it. I was wondering if you guys could direc me towards a good enough and cheap laptop. I have about €500 to spend on it if it goes any higher i could live with it but would rather not. I was looking for one with around 2GB of RAM and a big enough screen like 15 inches but i cant find any the cheapest and best quality one i found was at this url........ http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=391509 please reply here or PM me. Thank you so much !
stop posting that in every thread.
sry mate i just really need help and i only posted it in two treads

(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG