Scirocco - Yawn
(251 posts, started )
Scirocco - Yawn
0-60 - 7.2 seconds.
197bhp
1296kg
152 bhp/tonne
FWD

I am I the only one who thinks this car is boring? I don't like to be negative for no reason but I find the idea of driving in a simulated version of VWs latest posh mums shopping mobile not very exciting. Will the sim be accurate enough for the brakes to fail after 2 laps like any normal VW would?

Maybe the developers are getting money for doing this, which will benefit LFS in the long run, in which case good. Otherwise I'd really like to see them doing some proper race cars please...
It's heavy
I doubt it will be very inspiring. Don't forget it has traction control, too.
A sub-8s 0-60, 200hp shopping trolley? I don't think so.
Sounds like someone is just a VW hater and wants to whinge about it.

I'm interested in it, as are most people round here. It's got a short enough wheelbase and enough power to be fun, without being just another generic high-speed racing car from a generic high-speed racing game.

Could live without the TC, but that's a staple of most new cars so can't really be avoided. I'll be turning that off.
Quote from Dajmin :A sub-8s 0-60, 200hp shopping trolley? I don't think so.
Sounds like someone is just a VW hater and wants to whinge about it.

I'm interested in it, as are most people round here. It's got a short enough wheelbase and enough power to be fun, without being just another generic high-speed racing car from a generic high-speed racing game.

Could live without the TC, but that's a staple of most new cars so can't really be avoided. I'll be turning that off.

I've owned 3 VWs - 1 golf gti, 1 vr6 and a corrado vr6 so VW hater I don't think so!

I have driven the vr6s on track and can assure you they are GTs NOT racing cars - and this IS a racing game.
Just testing my new sig... might also be interesting for whinging people like southamptonfc...

greetz

der butz
If what you are doing doesn't bring you forward, then why the hell are you doing it in the first place?

Exactly my point.
#8 - 5haz
How dare you have a different opinion to everyone else!
Quote from 5haz :How dare you have a different opinion to everyone else!

Hahaha. I gotta agree with him though. the new Scirocco just isn't what you would expect in LFS. maybe the GT24.

And it is my least fav VW so far. I'd rather of seen a Polo GTi
Wanna have some cheese to go with your whine?

I think it's a very thrilling car to add for one single reason: it's the first car that allows Joe Average to compare LfS to real life as good as possible.
So why have I only seen one new Scirocco on the roads since release?
because you live in britain, and thus as all britons hate everything coming from germany? I have seen my fair share already, allthough they are not as common as golfs.
There's a blue Scirocco barges past me at twice the speed limit pretty much every morning. That's the only one I've seen.
Quote from southamptonfc :0-60 - 7.2 seconds.
197bhp
1296kg
152 bhp/tonne
FWD

I am I the only one who thinks this car is boring? I don't like to be negative for no reason but I find the idea of driving in a simulated version of VWs latest posh mums shopping mobile not very exciting. Will the sim be accurate enough for the brakes to fail after 2 laps like any normal VW would?

Maybe the developers are getting money for doing this, which will benefit LFS in the long run, in which case good. Otherwise I'd really like to see them doing some proper race cars please...

On paper it's another dull car, with too much weight and the driving wheels are the wrong end. And I also agree it's a shipping trolley for posh (or chavs pretending to be posh) mums.

But the specs, looks and opinions of me don't matter if it produces good, close racing for everyone. Being FWD it'll be forgiving, which hopefully means more of the grid will be closer for longer = better racing. Look at UF1 racing - superb fun, yet on paper it is the devil's car (underpowered, FWD, ugly etc.)

So, in a change from my usual outlook, I say don't judge a book by it's cover. Don't even rate it after a drive offline. Race it (against other people) and see what it can do for your adrenaline levels.

I think it might be quite good fun (if you are happy to butcher your driving style for the demands of FWD )
@ OP

So you don't think the VW was a good addition?, so what, not sure what posting that you don't think it was a good addition is going to do, do you think Scawen will say, damn, we must add something that random guy no 23 wants?, no, he doesn't care what you, or I, think, why should he?.

LFS isn't a democracy, Scawen does what he wants, like it or lump it.
I'm happy we've got it. I've *never* been able to get the hang of RWD.
I don't care about the Scirocco either way, I am totally meh about the whole thing, but I can see the bigger picture, not like the short sighted people who seem to try and claim FAULT with everything that is, or isn't in LFS.
Quote from danowat :I can see the bigger picture

That's not fair! why do you get to see a bigger picture than me

I would add a big long speal about how some of the not so fast cars in LFS currently offer very good racing and that in LFS speed and power are irrelevant as you don't get the same sense of speed as irl and that the slower cars aren't as demanding on your net connection and so allow closer better racing when racing people from all over the world and ... I could go on but this topic is yawn
You never know. It might actually boost Scirocco sales in the real world.
Personally I would buy the Polo Bluemotion or GTi.
Quote from Glenn67 :That's not fair! why do you get to see a bigger picture than me

I would add a big long speal about how some of the not so fast cars in LFS currently offer very good racing and that in LFS speed and power are irrelevant as you don't get the same sense of speed as irl and that the slower cars aren't as demanding on your net connection and so allow closer better racing when racing people from all over the world and ... I could go on but this topic is yawn

well said! i totally agree.. it will offer some great racing.
although it might not be fun to drive, at least you can drive nose to tail without having to worry about dirty air, slamming into the car infront cos multiplayer lag said they didnt brake, untill they are inside your car etc etc
Quote from southamptonfc :...

Quote from Scawen :... we have never received a payment to include a car. VW wanted us to do the car in time for the GC and we made sure we could do it on our terms...

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1004111#post1004111

thought i throw that piece in

Edit: ahh beaten by Deggis

I personally dont care either about the car with these spec either, but maybe there will come the Race-version.
Like Tristancliffe pointed out even cars like this can give you good racing.
Not long ago there was a charity-Race at Donington with some great Racedriver IIRC and it was quite fun. I dont know the specs of a seat leon or whatever that was, but should be kind of similar, no?

Nevertheless its a great thing for LFS itself and Scawen gets important data to bring the simulation even further, i guess.
#23 - chaa
I think the Scirocco won't help us. We need other new content, like tracks or bugfixes! But the Devs don't want any help in developing so LfS gets more and more boring! I guess the next patch will be released in a half year with things added, which no one needs!
Quote from Stew2000 :You never know. It might actually boost Scirocco sales in the real world.
Personally I would buy the Polo Bluemotion or GTi.

These are two totally different cars *lol* (slow - 'fast' ; gas consumption, ..)
But nevermind

I like the real Scirocco very much. But the overview inside the car (dunno how to say ... the drivers view and what he sees behind him..) is .. ehrm .. crap
I'm happy that this car found his way into LFS. I hope more new content will come soon
I have no doubt Scirocco racing will be exciting, it'll be similar to touring car races- a close pack of FWD cars, and it should have a sporty enough suspension setup to behave like a "proper" car, not a shopping trolley.

Scirocco - Yawn
(251 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG