The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
NDR Xmas Event 2008 - 2h enduro - ALL WELCOME

Hi Everybody! (Hi Dr. Nick!)

We here at New Dimension Racing want to be the first to wish everybody in the LFS Community a very Merry Christmas. And so, we’re holding a Xmas Endurance Event on Friday 19th December. It’s 2 hours long, dual-class around the historic Blackwood Grand Prix Track. We’d like as many people to team up as possible forming 2-man teams. It’s ok though if you want to stay as a 1-man team, but you’ll still have to make a mandatory pit stop.

Information about the event is detailed below:

General:
Server: FRO|FormulaRacing|NDR
Password: PMed to you.
Date: 19/12/08
Time: Quali starts at 6.45pm GMT
Track: Blackwood Grand Prix
Cars: GT2 (specs below) and TBO
Length: 2 hours
Standing Start.
Mandatory Pit Stop.

Car Specifications:
We had such a great race for R7 of the LFSBC that we’ve again decided to use GT2-spec versions of the GTR cars within LFS. We’ve based them upon the CTRA specs, but with a few differences to make them more suitable for longer races. Thanks to the CTRA and to scipy for making them.
GT2 Specs:
FXR – 34% Air Restriction + 7kg Ballast
XRR – 34% Air Restriction + 7kg Ballast
FZR – 28% Air Restriction
TBO Specs:
Default.

Qualifying:
Qualifying will be 10 mins long per class. The GT2 class will qualify first, then the TBO class. ALL members of your team may do laps in this session – your team’s best time will count. It may be necessary to boot people off if their qualifying session is not on, FRO|FormulaRacing|1GP will be set to the correct combo for some last minute practicing.

Timetable (all times GMT):
6.45pm – GT2 Qualifying Starts
7.00pm – TBO Qualifying Starts
7.20pm (ish) – Race Starts (2 hours)

Other notes:
There will be NO SC. If you roll/crash or whatever please spectate. You will be allowed back into the race, with a 1 lap penalty. Please try and remember roughly what lap you crashed on so that we don’t have to scour the replay post-race! Same goes for disconnects. Please watch out for blue flags e.t.c. if this does happen.
There are no entry requirements for this either, this race is just for fun.

Broadcast:
Exact Details TBC. But yes it will be broadcast

Please ask questions e.t.c in this thread, then find the Sign-ups thread in the NDR Section of this forum. It’s completely first-come-first-served, with a max of 16 teams per class. If a class is full then you’re welcome to be a reserve.

We hope to see as many people as possible at this event, its open to everyone, complete n00b or seasoned pro! So don’t let a lack of experience put you off!

Entries please IN THIS FORMAT (but in the other thread!)
Team Name:
LFS Usernames of those in team:
Car choice:

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Jack, Jonathan, Joe, Timo and Thilo (hey, we’re all Js and Ts )
http://newdimensionracing.synthasite.com/index.php

(NDR Reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone if they feel that them racing would be severely detrimental to others. Anyone on the NDR Black List is automatically banned from participating)

ENTRIES RECEIVED: http://newdimensionracing.synthasite.com/entered-teams.php

Rules:
  • * The Race Director and his 2IC (Me and TFalke55 [unrespectively :P]) are in charge. What we say goes.
  • * Please watch out for Blue Flags, and respect each other when passing. TBOs expect to be lapped every 6 laps or so.
  • * At least 1 mandatory Pit Stop must be made during the race. It can be made any time between the start of the race and 5 mins before the end. (1h 55 mins in)
  • * During Qualification, you may spectate/telepit as much as you like without penalty.
  • * ALL members of your team are allowed to do laps in the quali session - the best will count.
  • * PLEASE REMEMBER THAT GT2 QUALI IS FIRST, THEN TBO QUALI. We don't want any embarrassing situations please
  • * Please please don't cut the bollards on pit exit. Doing so may land you with a DT Penalty.
  • * Pit entry blend line isn't an issue cutting wise.
  • * YOU MUST BE ON SERVER AT 6.30PM GMT TO AVOID POSSIBLY BEING KICKED OUT AND REPLACED WITH A RESERVE.
  • * If you want your skin in hi-res on the broadcast post it in the skins thread.
  • * If you have a nasty Eastern European name that no-one can ever pronounce properly, please tell us how to pronounce it in order to avoid public humiliation.
  • * The start of the race is a standing start.
  • * Always have the utmost respect for your competitors.
  • * If you wish to make a complaint, then post it in the NDR Section of the forum and we'll investigate for you.
  • * We have a vent server if you want to join us for voice chat or even be interviewed by the king of enthusiasm, Timo Hynninen, live on air. Server is vt.fragmaster.net, port is 3922. Go past all the oval racers until you find the NDR Section about half-way down, double click and you'll enter our 'zone' (Thanks as always to [FM] for our vent channel, and of course www.formularacing.org for the server )
ohhh no Safety Car
#3 - J@tko
Quote from TFalke55 :no Safety Car

It just complicates things and we'll get hundreds of people crashing into each other - so overall its better for the racing
Uhh, i hope there will be no more than about 25 racers :S, my computer goes nuts when 30-> to up racers in same server.
Nice, exclude all of the western hemisphere from the race...
#6 - G!NhO
maybe ill join this, sounds like fun
@kenneth:
Whatya mean? Half England is eastern Hemisphere^^
I think he meant western and I think he meant the americas :P.

Sooo yeah I can't participate.
Too early?
Yes...way too early. School/work for most of us.

@Taha: I said western hemisphere...
I might join with RB4 if there are at least 5 cars in the TBO class. Don't want to drive alone.
Lol ken you realise it says it when you edit a post right? :P I checked before I posted and it said eastern .

Last edited by racer hero; Today at 22:55.

:P
Quote from zeugnimod :I might join with RB4 if there are at least 5 cars in the TBO class. Don't want to drive alone.

There's one already.
Oh no!
Yeah, I'd love to do this but I'm at work at that time on a Friday. Maybe some of the European CoRe boys can race.

Have fun, guys.
I did some laps with FXR and best i got was 1:14.98, is that slow or average?
Quote from G!NhO :I did some laps with FXR and best i got was 1:14.98, is that slow or average?

:Eyecrazy: U alien!
Quote from hyntty ::Eyecrazy: U alien!

huh? its not that fast...

whats your PB then?
Quote from G!NhO :huh? its not that fast...

Yes, it isn't- Just trying to make you feel better about yourself.

I think I've done a 13.40 a few days ago.
Quote from hyntty :Yes, it isn't- Just trying to make you feel better about yourself.

I think I've done a 13.40 a few days ago.

lol, set please? :P

but is there a server to practise on?
Quote from hyntty :I think I've done a 13.40 a few days ago.

But that was with 9 extra bhp Mr Hynninen (and 7 less kg )

But yeah I'd expect low 1.13s to be the pace in the GT2 class.

Sorry about the timing guys, but we really can't have it on many other days. And we have to start relitavely early so that we're finished at a half-decent time for most of Europe. Time Zones are a buggar

EDIT: There's no server atm. Our server is in use for Mini-FBM tomorrow and up until the event tbh, and for de Souza's event on Sunday. I might set FRO|FormulaRacing|1GP to the combo if I can
Quote from J@tko :But that was with 9 extra bhp Mr Hynninen (and 7 less kg )

Oh. Erm, make that a 14 something then
Would Saturday the 20th not be better?
Quote from shaun463 :Would Saturday the 20th not be better?

No. Unless you want to start at around 1700 gmt or 2100 gmt..

Besides Jackson cba to do several events on the same day.-
Quote from hyntty :No. Unless you want to start at around 1700 gmt or 2100 gmt..

Besides Jackson cba to do several events on the same day.-

Well, yeah I spose we could if we started at about 4pm GMT.

Hadn't actually thought of that, just thought "no we can't have it then because it clashes with Mini-FBM.

We have to see what deko's doing then cos if he's not around then we're screwed. At least if we had it earlier on the saturday then los americanos could sign up. Gd point there mr timo (and for bringing it up mr shaun!)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG