The online racing simulator
when we can use VW's car?
(70 posts, started )
#1 - mheee
the one which i can't call it's name,but i like it
it's a nice hatchback car
i want used as soon as possible in the last verison of S2!
We don't know. Haven't heard from the devs in ages.
This week I'll buy the S2, and I'm waiting too the new VW. Maybe there's some problems to resolve with the licence of that car. I think that the physics are finished, or 90% finished, because in Leipzig the Scirocco was used on LFS. So we have to wait the devs answer: When we can drive the VW?

Regards

Sanchez
If you ask me , the question is more like this, Are we getting a Xmas patch again this Year. If we do, we probbly will have some nice improvements in lfs again.

if we dont, then we need to wait a bit more

btw, on one said that we are going to have the vw in the next patch what the devs are making public

Greets,

Reint Jan
It's done when done

Cross your fingers for x-mas, or early 2009 release.
Has it even been confirmed that the Scirocco will be part of the S2 content?
#8 - MR_B
Quote from Bob Smith :Has it even been confirmed that the Scirocco will be part of the S2 content?

Surely it has to be? They've not even finished S2 yet, and the screenshot was in S2? Unless they've not updated visual quality of S... the next one. (As soon as that comination of letter and number are used, instant flames commence)
Quote from Bob Smith :Has it even been confirmed that the Scirocco will be part of the S2 content?

nope, and i dont think it will be,
i rember the scawen said that it wont be here for a long time,
and when scawen is talking about a long time, he means a long long time

but he allways can suprice us

I don't think much has been confirmed, Scawen said, yes they are working on it, and it will become a part of LFS in the future, but nothing more specific than that.
Surely VW would want it in LFS as soon as possible, I mean, at the end of the day, it's a source of promotion for their new car...
Remember pre-S2 ?
Pre-purchase began about 10 month before it release...

I'll second the "very long long, long time".
Why don't they just ANSWER, i really don't get it, stops stupid threads like this...
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Why don't they just ANSWER, i really don't get it, stops stupid threads like this...

because life, is not that simple then one question
#15 - VoiD
Please read (and understand) two quotes from Scawen:

Quote :Hello LFS racers.

I confirm we are making a Scirocco that will be used at the Games Convention.

It's a 200 bhp front wheel drive road car. We are very pleased to have the permission to include a production road car in LFS that we think looks nice and handles well.

We had to make it quickly in time for the Games Convention as of course that was part of the deal. Further testing and refinement will be done at a later date before it is included in the public version of Live for Speed, but we don't know yet when that will be.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=893780#post893780

Quote :Just in case anyone was wondering, it will be much, much longer away than that.

As said, the release is undecided - that means I cannot say (even roughly) when it will be - but I can say you might as well forget about driving it until a long time from now.

Sorry but that's how it is right now. Something for the future.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=897352#post897352
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Why don't they just ANSWER, i really don't get it, stops stupid threads like this...

FFS.... do you not read any of the posts Scawen makes?? He's said many times why they don't give any estimates on releases. It's so people like you don't come along and say things like "BUT YOU PROMISED IT TO US ON THIS DATE!" when in actual fact they did nothing of the sort, they just provided an estimate. Then when this 'promised' dates comes and goes and it is not released, everyone gets very upset and starts talking about the demise of LFS again. So you may want them to just ANSWER, but, as Scawen has mentioned many times, that's not how they work, because (1) they don't actually have an answer for you right now, and (2) if they did, it would likely change down the line anyway, as that's the nature of this sort of development.
I guess they drop it on Christmas.

I drove the scirocco in Leipzig and the car seemed nearly finished to me. But I dont know how much perfection the devs will put in it.
I think it is no way on christmas because we dont see test patches
Quote from Anathema :I drove the scirocco in Leipzig and the car seemed nearly finished to me. But I dont know how much perfection the devs will put in it.

Did you check the suspensions with Shift-L to see if the rear is really multi-link ?
Quote from Shadowww :[...]we dont see test patches

Seeing no test patches doesn't mean the developement stops...
Ever heard about what is a beta-tester?

This said, Void made a very good post about what is going on...
Patience is the answer...
Quote from mheee :the one which i can't call it's name,but i like it
it's a nice hatchback car
i want used as soon as possible in the last verison of S2!

It gets delayed for 1 week every time someone asks.
I am still happy playing the S1 demo, so I don't care how long the next patch takes.

Hopefully that will speed things up a bit
it might be like FBM released around xmas the devs might be starting a trend a new car every year
Its another FWD its not like the second coming of Christ or anything..

That times slot is reserved for when S3 is launched.

yes folks that's called sarcasm

(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG