The online racing simulator
Engine damage in the XFG?
(13 posts, started )
Is this even possible?

I recently drove a long race with 1 pit stop, no over revving & suffered minor engine damage in the last 20 laps loosing me about .5sec every lap??

How could this have happened? I just cant figure it out & it spoiled what would have been a good race.
Are you sure you didn't do any over revving while shifting down?

On braking situations it is very common that people shift down a bit too early and it results in over revving.
Yeah, I don't think there's any way to get engine damage besides over-revving the engine.
I checked the replay around the time that my lap times dropped off & cant find anything??
If you don't post the replay all we can do is guessing, so...
And all it needs is one wrong shift down or flat shifts to damage the engine.
Cya
Quote from anttt69 :I checked the replay around the time that my lap times dropped off & cant find anything??

Your times can drop off by other reasons... e.g. hotter tyres => bad grip, nervousness etc.
Quote from anttt69 :Is this even possible?

I recently drove a long race with 1 pit stop, no over revving & suffered minor engine damage in the last 20 laps loosing me about .5sec every lap??

How could this have happened? I just cant figure it out & it spoiled what would have been a good race.

Yes it's very possible. Happens when you go above 8500rpm, easily happens unless you're careful. Helps if you have a manual clucth because then you can stop it over-reving by slipping the clutch (if you get what I mean)
Could also be your tyres going 'cold' (depends on the length of the race)? I know we ran an enduro the other night on the FBM and we all had to pit at least once to get 'warm' tyres on again as our times were falling away.
Quote from tiagolapa :If you don't post the replay all we can do is guessing, so...
And all it needs is one wrong shift down or flat shifts to damage the engine.
Cya

the replay is way to big so i will upload a few edits from the part of the race where my times went off
Attached files
xfgengine.mpr - 1.8 MB - 217 views
engine2.mpr - 1.6 MB - 291 views
engine3.mpr - 1.6 MB - 281 views
Watched the replays ,,,,,

Looks like some engine damage already done by lap 28 (the first lap in your first replay). Tops speeds at end of straights already a bit low (1-2 mpr) given your smooth lines and exit speeds.

In the 3 replays - you are consistently shifting down to 3rd toooo early at the end of the long straight .... if you had been doing that for the first 28 laps, I'd expect there was already some damage and as you continued doing the same thing you added a bit more damage each lap thereafter.

btw, what was your fast lap in the first 28 laps? Nice lines - you should have been down to at least 134.0....

I had much the same problem some months ago (but doing hotlaps)..... but I was rushing the downshift to 2nd at the end of the start straight and losing 0.5 sec in just 5 laps.

It´s easy to hear the engine damage. The sound isn´t so smooth and flawless. It starts to brumble when u damage it.
I have problems with XFG in South city with the engine. Thats the only place for some reason, where I use to damage the engine.
My experience is that slight engine damage goes unheard ...... I was not able to hear the damage that was costing me 0.5 sec at BL and I don't notice it in Ant's replay.

More significant damage does have a distinct sound, to be sure (heard it plenty of times), but slight (but costly) damage does not cause that sound.

Betting quite a few ppls are driving with damage and not realizing it....
thanks for taking a look easyed. My best lap was a 1.34.19 which i set quite early on so im guessing i picked up slight damage in the first 20laps & could not improve due to that.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG