The online racing simulator
Head to Head Summer Series 2008 Event 1 - "Southern Special"
After a wait of a few months, the first event of the HeadToHead Summer Series 2008 is coming to your PC monitors! This event saw some old faces and some new ones taking to the streets of South City in the XRT. And let's face it - we could all use some summer in our lives right now in this bitterly cold November...

You can stream it at Google Video (Insane LQ)
You can stream and Download at Filefront. (869MB - High quality WMV)
You can also stream and download at Filefront in a much lower quality WMV format (262mb)

From me, Tim Beaudet and Eduardo de Souza, we collectively hope you enjoy the event.

Michael Passingham, Media Guy - SRS
#2 - J@tko
Quote from Mp3 Astra :You can stream it at Google Video (LQ)

LQ I think is the understatement of the year.

I'll be d/ling the HQ version, as I think this was the one I was in before I had to go to bed early. I had to catch a plane to the US at 9am the next morning

EDIT: LOL I didn't even get past qualifying
A good hint for watching on Google Video. Don't stretch it to fill the black area, watch it at 2x size or original size. Filling the black area with the video is horrendous, but it is all there and available.
#4 - Kaw
Can't wait ( clapping my small hands )
Quote from Mp3 Astra :And let's face it - we could all use some summer in our lives right now in this bitterly cold November...

Speak for yourself.

I'll stream the insane LQ for now, no time nor bandwidth to handle 870mb at the moment... Will edit after I watch it.
Quote from de Souza :Speak for yourself.

I'll stream the insane LQ for now, no time nor bandwidth to handle 870mb at the moment... Will edit after I watch it.

Filefront streaming is okay, remember.
#7 - Kaw
That was an awesome vid, great job guys. Worth waiting for there! (:

so, whens rnd. 2 comming?! :static:
Man, that Kaw fella is a real bully, eh?

Nice vid!
Very nice! Love the music when results are displayed.
Great to not only see yourself in a LFS-movie, but also to hear your name in it!
In my final race against De Souza you can clearly see that I was too nervous and pushed the car too hard the whole lap, losing time. That should explain my wreck in the last corner... Shame I missed the rest of the season.

Thank you for this! :clapclap:
Finally and it was worth the wait.

You even said my name quite right.

And Kaw, may I remind you of the quote when they commented my "wrecking" move: "That was incredible."
Downloading, will comment later .
Nice broadcast again . Sad I had to miss this round heh.
Very nice broadcast. Really enjoyed it and you pronunciated my name as good as it can be but totally blew it when you showed the qualifying and the final standings. You added letters .
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
Quote from speedway :Great stuff!
it was definitely worth waiting for

for further leagues please remind me to choose an alias -instead of my real name- which can be pronounced properly by non-germans

I knew as I was making the video that it should be pronounced with the e at the end of Funke. And the u needs to be pronounced in the German way (yes, I do German at A2 level so I should have done it right). But since I was not going to re-record the commentary I decided to continue to mis-pronounce the name through the narration. Apologies for that - you'll probably hear it for the rest of the series during the commentary. But I will make sure I say it right during the narration pieces. I'll say it as much as I can, because I love it

Quote from Mischief007 :Very nice broadcast. Really enjoyed it and you pronunciated my name as good as it can be but totally blew it when you showed the qualifying and the final standings. You added letters .

That wasn't the worst mistake I spotted in the standings...

Apologies for that mistake, but de Souza does work very hard on these overlays for me, so I can't be angry at him
-
(Mp3 Astra) DELETED by Mp3 Astra
#15 - Kaw
Quote from banshee56 :Man, that Kaw fella is a real bully, eh?

no wai!

Quote from zeugnimod :
And Kaw, may I remind you of the quote when they commented my "wrecking" move: "That was incredible."

Im pretty sure that they think my brake reactions were incredible. Because that right there was totally of the scale wreck-o-tron!

Quote from speedway :
anyway, is kaw a bully? he certainly doesnt look like one:

Come on dude! You love that pictjar, I know it!
Quote from Mp3 Astra :Apologies for that mistake, but de Souza does work very hard on these overlays for me, so I can't be angry at him

Oh I almost believed that! Anyway I'm the one to blame for the faulty overlays, but it's kind of a tradition now isn't it? People watch it just to see what went wrong! By the way I heard Nolan enjoyed our beaches...

About the whole event, congrats to the winners... you guys are seriously quick. The broadcast is really good as well, the commentators are improving a lot!

Ps: lol @ that photo.
Yah, I think Niko also visited your beaches in the last season as well...
Great vid, really enjoyed it!
Looks a blast, i want a go
Awesome
Thanks for your hard work
Quote from de Souza :There will be a winter series soon.

Can't wait. BTW, great work Mr. Passingham.
looks like fun races
Im signed up, well i will be when they open :eclipsee_
Nice nice, sign ups won't be ready for a few weeks to come but it will be here shortly.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG