The online racing simulator
Car editor Competition! IDEA!
(32 posts, started )
Well I got a superidea or I Guess so

How about if we could take a little contest about Editing Car model in LFS?

The Best Editing of car will released LFS =)

The objectives about editing is:

Edit your car from any photo and do it as like you want to be in LFS
Tell all even smallest details and take some scripts like suspensions, tires, motor etc... ALL!
The point is that car is fictive but please keep some sense on it. Car can´t be over NINE MILLION HORSEPOWER or 130 inches of tires... or weight only 50 pounds. Please keep this point on!

Okay so you need:

Full details and scripts and pictures of car
All preferences and settings and profiles of car
A bit sense on it
You might need some program to do it, like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop
And any script program and photos.
And of course. Name of the car model.
It can be saloon or race car. Or single seater or just two-seater

EDIT: I am gonna put my version too if this idea would pass. Remember don´t use any registered trademarks or car models. Only your idea. You can give the name of the car

EDIT:: And was I talking about that it MUST have to get this point?
I don´t want to step on those dev´s foot and It was only good idea anyway. Yea LFS is not modeable in legal, but almost everyone wants to mod it.

Maybe future? YES

Answer to: Can I make my own cars/tracks for LFS?: No - Live for Speed is still in development therefore there are no car or track editors available at this time. Also it's not yet possible to import other 3d formats into the game. However we will probably release the editors at some point in the future when most of the LFS development is finished.
Quoted on http://www.lfs.net/?page=faq&id=8
#2 - Gunn
You have great enthusiasm, I'll give you that much.
Quote from Gunn :You have great enthusiasm, I'll give you that much.

Cool but I hope about your and others opinions
Lol , new users , LFS is not "Modeable", And dev want that
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Cool but I hope about your and others opinions

Our opinions don't really matter since the devs have said that they won't allow modding at this stage.
Quote from zeugnimod :Our opinions don't really matter since the devs have said that they won't allow modding at this stage.

DOH!!! yea you´re right. Actually I didn´t know that...yet...it was good idea anyway...

Then delete this post immediately
Quote from Inouva :Lol , new users , LFS is not "Modeable", And dev want that

And I am not new... i have been 2005 here but I had different Account, and I didn´t realize that devs only make it´s own...
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :And I am not new... i have been 2005 here but I had different Account, and I didn´t realize that devs only make it´s own...

If you are sinse 2005 , why create a topic is already sugested 2938298392 times?
Also if you know Scavier , you should know , the game is not modeable
Quote from Inouva :you should know , the game is not modeable

Wrong.

Have you not seen people with the modded XRT & FZ5?
Quote from scoobyrbac :Wrong.

Have you not seen people with the modded XRT & FZ5?

Yes , but you seens dont understand my point , dev dont wanna the game be moddeable , other mods that are not talked with dev and have "Aprobal" seal , such those xrt and fz5 are totaly ilegal
Yeah I know. The dev's don't "want" us to, but they can't stop us from doing it. All they can do is stop us from talking about it on the forum.

All games are moddable, theres no way your going to be able to stop that especially ones with weak codes like LFS.
you lot are so bloody closed minded....

he never said "open it to modding"... he just said maybe take examples for new cars. sheesh. learn english or something
Damn you Mark, exactly what I was going to post .
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :Well I got a superidea or I Guess so

How about if we could take a little contest about Editing Car model in LFS?

The Best Editing of car will released LFS =)

The objectives about editing is:

Edit your car from any photo and do it as like you want to be in LFS
Tell all even smallest details and take some scripts like suspensions, tires, motor etc... ALL!
The point is that car is fictive but please keep some sense on it. Car can´t be over NINE MILLION HORSEPOWER or 130 inches of tires... or weight only 50 pounds. Please keep this point on!

Okay so you need:

Full details and scripts and pictures of car
All preferences and settings and profiles of car
A bit sense on it
You might need some program to do it, like Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop
And any script program and photos.
And of course. Name of the car model.
It can be saloon or race car. Or single seater or just two-seater

EDIT: I am gonna put my version too if this idea would pass. Remember don´t use any registered trademarks or car models. Only your idea. You can give the name of the car

EDIT:: And was I talking about that it MUST have to get this point?
I don´t want to step on those dev´s foot and It was only good idea anyway. Yea LFS is not modeable in legal, but almost everyone wants to mod it.

Maybe future? YES

Answer to: Can I make my own cars/tracks for LFS?: No - Live for Speed is still in development therefore there are no car or track editors available at this time. Also it's not yet possible to import other 3d formats into the game. However we will probably release the editors at some point in the future when most of the LFS development is finished.
Quoted on http://www.lfs.net/?page=faq&id=8
I thought the whole idea was to add things on to a picture of a car...like say the lx6 adding really big lights to it or something for night racing like on rallysport challange 2 but just editing the picture not the whole car in the game.

If you know what i mean?
why not the best 3d creation???
it is actually a good idea.. only you have to talk to scawen first if he likes the idea for a developers competition. make a ( realistic ) 3d model and the best will be developed. like the skinning competition on masterskinnerz.

@ Unknownmaster21: contact scawen and ask if he likes the idea.
i dont think they will like it, because they have many other things to do...
Quote from G!NhO :i dont think they will like it, because they have many other things to do...

If someone else do the job, there's no reasons for devs to loose most of their times on it.
Quote from 1303s_vortech :If someone else do the job, there's no reasons for devs to loose most of their times on it.

yeah but they are working on the fall off spoilers and maybe dont have time to put a new car in
maybe they have a holliday lolrrr
Quote from G!NhO :yeah but they are working on the fall off spoilers and maybe dont have time to put a new car in

Hmm... maybe you´re right.

Maybe they have not enough time but who knows, what´s will come in future
#24 - Gunn
Quote from 1303s_vortech :If someone else do the job, there's no reasons for devs to loose most of their times on it.

Each new car needs to have its physics developed too, and that's not something that you can do with a 3D modeling program and can be a pretty big job in some cases.
Then LFS world needs to be worked on in various areas to make room for the new car.
The CMX viewer also needs updating when a new car is added to LFS.

So yes, there is more work involved than it may at first seem.
Quote from Gunn :Each new car needs to have its physics developed too, and that's not something that you can do with a 3D modeling program and can be a pretty big job in some cases.
Then LFS world needs to be worked on in various areas to make room for the new car.
The CMX viewer also needs updating when a new car is added to LFS.

So yes, there is more work involved than it may at first seem.

yes i know, 3d is just a body and interior.
maybe make a 3d comp. to inspire the developers,for editing one of the cars

(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG