The online racing simulator
Some improvement suggestions
(32 posts, started )
What I'm trying to say is a upgrade system like what we see in rFactor. Once a racer won a championship/race, he/she can recive some prize, and upgrade his/her ride by tuning kits for a higher level of racing.

For example, XRG can install some parts like chipsets, air filter, exhaust, suspension, brakes and so on to increase the engine/driving performance. That will make the gaming experience much better, trust me.

And as a demo racer... I also want to suggest the devs to publish the game by selling CDs in world-wide stores

That's all, hope it's not a day-dreaming topic. And sorry for my poor English
#2 - P V L
No tuning parts is the best thing we can have, all drivers have the same car

and chances. Your higher level of racing should come by time and just

getting better. It is already possible to get the CD, just order one when

buying a S2. I like the idea of people just making LFS more popular on mouth

to mouth propaganda, so noone will just grab it from a table and not know

anything about yet. Another nice thing is developers need no big publisher

behind Greets P V L
Tuning kits are for NFS not LFS.
It's been a while since I've been able to use this, but here it goes!

*** C&P ALERT *** C&P ALERT *** C&P ALERT ***

Modifying the cars is pointless. Eventually, people would work out the ideal setup for each track and car and everyone would use it. Look at the number of people who use Inferno setups if you need proof that it would happen.
Therefor you end up with a field of identical cars, and guess what? That's exactly what we already have.

So how about you just drive the cars you have and I dunno, bang a metal trash can lid with your face to simulate the noise of a pointless "masseev zorst!!1111"

*** C&P END *** C&P END *** C&P END ***
Out of interest, who originally posted that?
#6 - Jakg
He did in another thread, which he just C&P'ed into different threads where appropriate.
Yes, I'm proud to say it is one of mine
#8 - Migz
Quote from Dajmin :Therefor you end up with a field of identical cars, and guess what? That's exactly what we already have.

So if we already have it whats wrong with adding tuning parts ect?
If we already have it then theres nothing wrong with having it again?
And this way we would have a month or something period where people are trying different parts until they work out whats best :P haha lol.

Dont flame me for saying that, im not a RICZER because i like tuning. I think its just nice to be able to customize your car a bit more. And give it a bit more RAWR!

I dont think its neccesary though.
So we want lots of extra programming so that we can end up in exactly the same position in a few weeks time?

Makes sense...
#10 - Migz
Yup
We then dont get a topic coming up every week or so asking for tuning parts or something like that.
Except that people would then say that the dump valve upgrades are unrealistic, or that the NOS bottles are too small, or that the carbon weave on the fancy propshafts aren't to specification....

Better to say no to all suggestions that can be found in Max Power magazine.

The racing remains simple and fair. The game doesn't attract the wrong type of player. And leaves NFS with its market share intact.
Quote from Migz :im not a RICZER because i like tuning. I think its just nice to be able to customize your car a bit more. And give it a bit more RAWR!

Pretend it had less RAWR! to begin with, and you gave it a bit extra. Conveniently the same amount that everybody else gave theirs.
#13 - Migz
Quote from tristancliffe :The racing remains simple and fair. The game doesn't attract the wrong type of player. And leaves NFS with its market share intact.

But what about us players who want realistic physics along with NAWZ and BOOST, and teh interchangable rims? Along with cadboard fibre bumpers ect? lol.

Quote from thisnameistaken :Pretend it had less RAWR! to begin with, and you gave it a bit extra. Conveniently the same amount that everybody else gave theirs.

Ahah this is a good idea I shall imagine this the next time i play lfs!

I dont mind if lfs has tuning parts or not though.
Only if they model all the possible drawbacks too.
There are no drawbacks! Everyone knows that tacking a load of extra plastic tat onto your car adds 10hp per square inch. Neons are even better, adding 25hp per inch. And it doesn't even add any drag! Awwwwwwesome!111
There's an argument to say that being able to improve the performance of cars through winning races and championships is realistic. In the real world if you win races you gain sponsorship which gives you more money to stick into research and development. More money into R&D means you can squeeze more power out of your engine/get better fuel economy/less drag/more downforce etc. This could be an interesting addition but only if it were to be used in organised leagues or in a single player "career" type mode. Just saying that if you win any online race you get 50 credits to put towards a new induction kit isn't a good idea though, that's going to cause a whole world of trouble.

I actually like things as they are now. Identical hardware, the only differences come from the setup and the driver. Most good setups are shared so the major differences come from the driver. I like to race drivers not cars.
It could be that whit upgrade system like this LFS could draw a bit more wrong attention.

But TBH some proper upgrade system would be interesting and I don't mean anything like new K&N Filter.
Like fitting proper dual carbs to your XRG and then being able to change the choke sizes etc. like in real life and feel the effect. Next upgrade would be ITB's with proper ECU and then again it would come with many hardcore adjustable stuff (ignition and fuel maps, injector sizes etc.).
Proper head work, lowering and porting head would be possible.
Good selection of different camshafts, if the XRG is Twin cam, it could be possible to mix different cams from different sets.
Of course if you want to use very aggressive cams you would have to upgrade the pistons/rods/crankshaft so it would be able to stand all those high RPM's.
etc.

If this would be possible my fav car would be XRG, not the XRT.

If you would want to modify how the cars look, something little for the XRG, like a little blip to front bumper, different wheels and different steering wheel. Nothing dramatical / ricey bodykits.

Of course it would take a hell of a lot of coding, ie. I don't see how all that stuff would be properly simulated with the current torque curve system.
So maybe not just yet.

+The upgrade system in rF sucks, it's simply boring.

-EDIT- Of course if it would be possible to dramatically make your car faster, there would be a need for different classes for cars in different "stages". There's no point of putting stock XRGs with hardcore fast XRGs in same track.
In rF there are class packages which are a pre-defined set of upgrades. For example in the GT cars there are three classes going from nearly bone stock to reasonably highly modified.

This is similar to my more variants of existing cars idea. In essence, add a detuned XFG to race against the UF1, a 2.5 RB4 for the LRFs and so-on.
Oh great, now I'm pretty much the only one liking these ideas.

*to OP* +1.:hide: for the first half at least.
I think it wil actualy be implanted at some stage something inside my brain tels me that
#21 - Migz
Oh acctually after re reading the first post id rather not have that.
I dont want to win money for winning races. That feels a bit game like, rather then simulator like.

Id prefer the idea of having interchangable parts which acctually effect your cars performance and not the visuals of it.

Edit: You could earn more parts by driving far or by doing well in races.
They should make it so you can have a turbo and a bodykit on the XRG
We DO have a kind of tuning system, e.g. the baby-Rs. Take the half-full/half-empty explanation: The Baby-R is not a DEtuned UFR, it's a UF1 with slicks AND 80hp!

Cruise servers: We can earn money by driving, robbing banks, win lotteries and so on. (at least it WAS possible... do those cruise servers still exist?) With the money we're able to buy bigger cars. There's even cops and speed traps on those servers!

CTRA have provided a system where you can drive cars in different classes, get licenses to bigger cars/engines, can learn to drive properly in a big grid,.....

All arcade racers are built on the same principle, which has been invented somewhen in the 80s: more speed=worse handling and so on. If you take a look at some random NFS-forum you'll notice that despite the vast numbers of tuning parts the really fast people are driving exactly the same cars with the same parts! So to me tuning parts don't make any sense. Everyone will jump on the best set of parts immediately, that's perfectly natural.

With Insim e.g. you can theoretically program the kind of game you want to play in LFS, nothing is impossible. We've got money earning systems, forced intake restrictions, forced weight to be added. Just combine these, rent a server and wait for the folks to flood in!

Nah, you're a Demo racer...

I don't mean this in a bad way, but Demoers always seem to want more content... Buy a license, go online and open your eyes! There IS more content on the good side!

greetz

der butz
Response to all repliers.
First of all, what I mean "tuning" is not just add some sick bodykits, exhausts or rims to your vehicles, what I'm trying to say is "real tuning" like what we see in Gran Turismo- with more realistic adjustments & physics experience.

@Crashgate:

Then why don't you just shut up and go drift with your XR GT Turbo?

@Migz:

I think you're right. Cash is not important in LFS

@Amp88:

Correct, online competition is not suitable with this, but it's OK if you make a separated vehicle level limit on servers, instead.

@tristancliffe:

Go play your Underground 2.

@P V L:

I like what you said. But it can be also interesting if we can race in a higher speed with stocker vehicle And when I show my LFS to my room mate they said it's suck... :doh: I'm sooooo sad that ppl in our country was carzy about Drift City...

@Dajmin:

Tuning is a part of real life what we do on our vehicles, do you agree what I said?

It's impossible to drive a VW beetle to attend the Tsukuba Time Attacking Party, right? Because there were fulled of high-powered race cars.

So it's not a good idea to discharge tuning cars in a simulation game.

And finally...

Quote from BigPeBe :It could be that whit upgrade system like this LFS could draw a bit more wrong attention.

But TBH some proper upgrade system would be interesting and I don't mean anything like new K&N Filter.
Like fitting proper dual carbs to your XRG and then being able to change the choke sizes etc. like in real life and feel the effect. Next upgrade would be ITB's with proper ECU and then again it would come with many hardcore adjustable stuff (ignition and fuel maps, injector sizes etc.).
Proper head work, lowering and porting head would be possible.
Good selection of different camshafts, if the XRG is Twin cam, it could be possible to mix different cams from different sets.
Of course if you want to use very aggressive cams you would have to upgrade the pistons/rods/crankshaft so it would be able to stand all those high RPM's.
etc.

If this would be possible my fav car would be XRG, not the XRT.

If you would want to modify how the cars look, something little for the XRG, like a little blip to front bumper, different wheels and different steering wheel. Nothing dramatical / ricey bodykits.

Of course it would take a hell of a lot of coding, ie. I don't see how all that stuff would be properly simulated with the current torque curve system.
So maybe not just yet.

+The upgrade system in rF sucks, it's simply boring.

-EDIT- Of course if it would be possible to dramatically make your car faster, there would be a need for different classes for cars in different "stages". There's no point of putting stock XRGs with hardcore fast XRGs in same track.

Did you guys read the highlights? That's what I mean "tuning."
you forgot about my post :-)

(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG