The online racing simulator
Net Kar Pro 1.03 nearly ready..
(89 posts, started )
Anyone going to be trying the new NetKar Pro when it comes out?

I guess some of the NDA has gone as there are some good videos showing the multiplay aspect. Here are some videos all put together. Click Here

Does look like a lot of work has gone in to it!
Awesomely cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
omg its so awesome it needs a new thread!!!
when does it come out? im gonna get it just because it's a demo online
#6 - 5haz
Well seeing as a new version of Netkar is a 1 in 1000 year event, I think its significant enough to deserve a new thread.

I used to use the old NetKar, very very good sim, reminded me of LFS in some ways.
Naa, it looks like a load of old crap.

Ohh, hang on... I just had some bloody fantastic races in 1.03. I'll be there for sure
#8 - VoiD
Don´t post this useless crap, I want the 1.03 demo now
I'm going to drive the wheels off of that formula ford. I wish LFS had one, the lack of downforce is so much fun
Quote from VoiD :Don´t post this useless crap, I want the 1.03 demo now

No, you don't want it quite yet, It's fun fun fun, but not completely ready
Quote from The Moose :No, you don't want it quite yet, It's fun fun fun, but not completely ready

you tease
As soon as I get the news its out I'm getting the demo and testing to see if I get the full version. Chances are that I will because from the videos it looks like a brilliant game.
The videos looked brilliant on the old versions, and then the developer just seemed to give up trying to fix the endless bugs that made it almost unplayable for anyone without a degree in computer science. I'm not going to judge a game on a video when it has a history of being good looking but buggy.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver : trying to fix the endless bugs that made it almost unplayable for anyone without a degree in computer science.

Ahh, the misinformation machine is still rolling then..
Always will
when this is going out?
Quote from chanoman315 :when this is going out?

Should have beeen out already but the dev had to go off to Macau so wanted to wait until it was all finished AND he was back home to deal with issues....

CLICK to read
Me gona try for sure
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I own the game.

So do i. Have done from day 1. Why do you need a degree in computer science to make it playable? Everyone i know just installed it and drove.

Yes, it's buggy, I'll give you that much. You're completely exaggerating how bad it was though.

A few people had serious problems with it on their machines. I simply cannot believe the majority did though because of personal experience. I persuaded a lot of people to buy it and I personally don't know anyone that had a problem getting it up and running. Not one. Install>Play.

Guess what, when 1.03 is released I'm sure bugs will crop up that weren't discovered. I imagine some people will have problems running it. The Beta testers have vastly differing hardware, but you can't account for the infinite combinations out there in the real world. Welcome to the world of software production.
Quote from StableX :CLICK to read

I wish Jaap would not say things like "The 1.0.3 release package is finished." It wasn't. It still isn't. I'm not surprised that people get pissed off with so called delays when statements like that are made. If it were me i would just have stuck to the line "it'll be ready when its finished"
Quote from StableX :the dev had to go off to Macau

that sounds awefully familiar

Quote from The Moose :The Beta testers have vastly differing hardware, but you can't account for the infinite combinations out there in the real world. Welcome to the world of software production.

theres a sim dev team who have come up with something called public test patches to fix that problem you may have heard of them
Quote from Shotglass :theres a sim dev team who have come up with something called public test patches to fix that problem you may have heard of them

I'm not denying that would have been a good idea . But the LFS devs appear to be the exception rather than the rule. I cant think of any other sim devs that do mass public beta tests off the top of my head.
then again except for kunos and scawen there arent any other one man shows (as far as coding is concerend) running on a far too tight budget to fund large enough betatest
besides the public beta thing isnt anything unusual... almost all subscription based games start out on a more or less public beta

then again given kunos track record he doesnt seem like the kind of guy whod like to keep up with the often daily patches that a test patching cycle requires
I have had many great races in 1.0.3 and like Moose said, it is nearly ready.

Nearly being the key word - there are still a few little bugs that should be fixed before it is released.

I would have had some good racing tonight if it wasn't for my new computer being a pain in the arse!

(89 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG