The online racing simulator
Michael Crichton died
(25 posts, started )
Michael Crichton died
#2 - VoiD
thx for "info".
Michael Whoton?
He's the guy who wrote Jurrasic Park. Died aged 66 from Cancer.
Also Sphere, The Andromeda Strain, etc.
I just read about this. So sad. I really enjoyed his writing.
God what a loss. He was by far the best at thoroughly researching a topic and boiling it down for readers in the form of a story. Really his books could have been simple essays on the topic, but the idea of making them into stories was the work of a genius.

R.I.P
Darn, I really enjoyed his books. I didn't even know he was ill.

Mike, I totally agree. While his books were quite often heavily classed as SCIENCE fictions, they were always great to read and brought interesting a new concepts to the fore and packaged them in a good story.

I'll have to catch up and read some more of his books that I haven't read.

#9 - SamH
He wrote Westworld. That was a classic. Then he re-made the film Westworld with different characters and called it Jurassic Park, proving once and for all that there is a profit to be made in the recycling industry.

RIP Crichton.
Quote from SamH :He wrote Westworld. That was a classic. Then he re-made the film Westworld with different characters and called it Jurassic Park, proving once and for all that there is a profit to be made in the recycling industry.

RIP Crichton.

I remember when Westworld was first screened, I must have been about eight at the time? It was a great film thats always stuck in my mind. Good old Yul Brynner
Meh, read this yesterday. Didn't even make it to 70
'Timelines' was probably my favourite.
Sad to hear this last night. Such a good author, and I really enjoyed many of his books.
#17 - Osco
why do these threads keep popping up. Sad that he died, but must we act with all these RIP threads as if he were your closest friend ? :hide:
Which post claims any such thing? What is the problem expressing the sadness that we will never experience other captivating stories written by the said man?

Quote from Osco :why do these threads keep popping up. Sad that he died, but must we act with all these RIP threads as if he were your closest friend ? :hide:

Good point...

As in the case of many of the "my dog died" threads, I guess unless it's of some significance to the majority of the LFS userbase, racing drivers, people involved in LFS (racers, users, etc) then it's probbably best if this kind of thing isn't about

:twocents:
All we need to do is find a mosquito that once bit him, and we can bring him back!
#21 - JJ72
Quote from Osco :why do these threads keep popping up. Sad that he died, but must we act with all these RIP threads as if he were your closest friend ? :hide:

obviously no, then why'd you bother?
#22 - JJ72
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Good point...

As in the case of many of the "my dog died" threads, I guess unless it's of some significance to the majority of the LFS userbase, racing drivers, people involved in LFS (racers, users, etc) then it's probbably best if this kind of thing isn't about

:twocents:

this is the ****ing off topic forum.

i mean we talk about ****ing obama, ****ing fallout 3, ****ing rickroll, ****ing w4h's feeling of emptiness and every ****ing thing every ****face had a remote interest in.

keep your two cents.
Hmm....

Lol nerdrage?

What was he your father or something? You seem more than upset. Take your meds.
#24 - JJ72
no, I don't even know who he is.

just that why people find these posts get in their way is beyond understanding.
Quote from Crashgate3 :'Timelines' was probably my favourite.

I really liked Prey. I have yet to read Next.

Quote from Crashgate3 :All we need to do is find a mosquito that once bit him, and we can bring him back!

haha

Michael Crichton died
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG