The online racing simulator
Statistics?
(12 posts, started )
Statistics?
O.K. I'm new to the game and I have to confess it is very addictive. So first of all, Hi to everyone here.

I'm a guy who wants to see how he improves, so I've been searching for a tool that simply saves some information about every lap (course, car, splits and total time)I take (online and offline). However even searching for many hours didn't bring up anything useful for me, or so it may seem at least.

I looked into vcom, lfs stats, and some other tools, but none of them seems to simply save information about the laps. Is there anything I could use for that? Wouldn't need to be a thing with a lot of complexity - just a tool saving the needed information every lap into a textfile. I can do the statistics then on my own using a spreadsheet or database program.

So thanks for your help in advance and see you on the race-track, you can recognize me being the guy who drives the slowest lap-times.
May be worth asking in the LFS Programmer's Forum. If there isn't something like this already, it doesn't sound like it'd be too hard to make using Outsim.
InSim, actually
LFSStats will do the job. It generates race summary information and also lap by lap times. You could then write some PHP to read the results pages and extract the info you want. Then you can do whatever you want with it - stick it in a database and write all sorts of queries.

LFSWorld also stores all you lap times from every single race you ever complete.
Quote from Gentlefoot :LFSWorld also stores all you lap times from every single race you ever complete.

But don't forget, only for online races.
Quote from AndroidXP :InSim, actually

Well I was guessing this, but as I understand it doesn't exactly export it to a file, but just make information available to an interface. I am, however, not able to write a program that interpretes it and writes it to a file.

Quote from Gentlefoot :LFSStats will do the job. It generates race summary information and also lap by lap times. You could then write some PHP to read the results pages and extract the info you want. Then you can do whatever you want with it - stick it in a database and write all sorts of queries.

Thanks, I'll have to try it. I thought it only makes a summary for the race and the best lap. I'll test it. However I won't be able to write PHP as I don't even know how that works. I'm a user no programmer. But I think I'll find a way. Copy and paste and then some work in Excel should do the job as well.

Quote from Gentlefoot :LFSWorld also stores all you lap times from every single race you ever complete.

I saw this already, but I think I cannot extract them there, can I?
Quote from Reini68 :

I saw this already, but I think I cannot extract them there, can I?

Again, PHP but I hear what you say about being a non-programmer.
Quote from Gentlefoot :Again, PHP but I hear what you say about being a non-programmer.

It's not tied to any one language. Anything that can generate the headers for the request and read the reply will work.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :It's not tied to any one language. Anything that can generate the headers for the request and read the reply will work.

I would actually do it a different way from that. Just simply read through the HTML as text looking for TD tags and other info to find what I want and loop through.
Solution found!

Statistics?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG