The online racing simulator
Anyone problem with nvidia 17x.xx graphics driver?
LFS framerate becomes very low (<20) if I install any nvidia 17x.xx graphics driver. With nvidia 16x.xx drivers LFS framerate is normal (>60). Other games/benchmarks don't have this problem. Does this problem sound familiar to anyone? How to solve it?

My system: Asus P4P800-SE, Pentium-M 1.8 GHz, GeForce 7600GT, Vista32 SP1.
May I suggest you stick with the old 16x.xx ones until 'newer' ones are released?
With new 178.24 WHQL drivers framerate is normal (~340fps in westhill, ~180 in South city - 8800gt 256mb, [email protected], 2Gb pc6400, 1440*900, AFx16, AAx8)
#4 - Haze7
Quote from alex_du_77 :With new 178.24 WHQL drivers framerate is normal (~340fps in westhill, ~180 in South city - 8800gt 256mb, [email protected], 2Gb pc6400, 1440*900, AFx16, AAx8)

Show off

I've got a weird problem with that driver too, my smoke is slightly green but in mirrors, it's perfectly white/grey. I need to get round to getting an older driver
Now that you mention green smoke, I've got that going on in rFactor lately, but LFS stayed fine. I haven't modded rFactor's smoke in anyway, but very recently it's all green

174.74 here, although Vista is giving the option of downloading newer drivers. Haven't bothered getting them yet, although I might do to see if it fixes my green smoke

I haven't had FPS problems in LFS though, they've been locked at 100 since I got the PC, and have rarely gone down. Not sure what's causing your dip in FPS
Quote from Haze7 :Show off

Minimum Fps : ~180 (Southcity with new HD cars interior XRT,XRG,XFG....)

Max Fps : ~300 (Westhill with Mrt)
Attached images
Sans titre 1.jpg
Sans titre 2.jpg
Quote from alex_du_77 :Minimum Fps : ~180 (Southcity with new HD cars interior XRT,XRG,XFG....)

Max Fps : ~300 (Westhill with Mrt)

ehm, I have 400-500fps. 1680x1050
coulor!! only 4 bit coulor?? WTF!!
Hello,i have a Nvidia gforce 7600 gt graphics card.& have just reformatted my computer!!
problem is i reinstalled driver version 178.24 an cant get my display coulor any higher than 4 bit coulor ---->This is frustrating coz i cant even open LFS,let alone play......well its hard just reading what im writing now....dfgdgg,lol

i tryed older versions of driver an still no change to my display!?
I tryed all the driver links in patch Y14 thread dont know where to turn

im running a AMD64 Athlon.....

Funny thing if i uninstall driver i get 32 bit coulor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..BUT STILL CANT PLAY LFS!!

has anyone a solution??? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Next step-----Sledge hammer & pair safty glasses.....
Just discovered something with driver version 178.24. If I start LFS then framerate is very low. If I go to the LFS graphics options, switch from 4x antialiasing to no antialiasing and then back to 4x antialiasing, then framerate is normal again. Unfortunately I have to repeat this sequence everytime I start LFS.
Don't even use, those.... Use the 94.24 driver for your card. And no, I have no problems and I use the 177.41.
Updated to 178.13 last night, rFactor's green smoke has been fixed. LFS is better than before, 170FPS at the back of a AU1 replay I watched with 11 drivers

Downgrade to 178.13 if you can, it seems much better
Attached images
LFS.jpg
#12 - arco
Quote from Mr. Adrie :Just discovered something with driver version 178.24. If I start LFS then framerate is very low. If I go to the LFS graphics options, switch from 4x antialiasing to no antialiasing and then back to 4x antialiasing, then framerate is normal again. Unfortunately I have to repeat this sequence everytime I start LFS.

What if when you start LFS, then switch to window mode (shift-f4), and back to fullscreen again? Does the framerate go normal again then?
I found another solution:

I disabled AA and AF in LFS (graphics options), but changed the settings of the nvidia driver in such way that it forces 4x AA and 16x AF. That makes framerate in LFS normal again.
Quote from Shadowww :Liar.
LFS's maximal framerate is 333.3 fps.

But when in the AutoX viewer it can go up to 999.9

Plus even in the normal view it can spike up to the 400s and possibly 500s. Mine does it sometimes, not very often though
Greenish smoke is because of 16-bit mode
Not necessarily, a driver update fixed mine, without changing any settings. Might've been that rFactor was running in 16-bit colour for whatever reason, but it was still a driver error

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG