The online racing simulator
Headphones
(21 posts, started )
#1 - sam93
Headphones
Could anyone recommend me a good set of in-ear headphones please. I am getting a itouch for christmas as my 1st gen Nano has had it and so have the rubbish apple headphones.
The headphones need to be able to handle bass well and the music being on loud without breaking after a couple of months like some do i.e. the apple headphones.

I found these but I thought I would come here to see what you guys recommend first.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennhe ... id=1224083944&sr=1-56

Edit: Forgot to say that the price of the headphones need to be between £20-£40
Quote from sam93 :snip

either koss the plug on the cheap side(only if they fit your ears..you'll have to test somewhere) or anything by shure on the expensive side. Those sennheisers are good too though.
Quote from sam93 :Could anyone recommend me a good set of in-ear headphones please. I am getting a itouch for christmas as my 1st gen Nano has had it and so have the rubbish apple headphones.
The headphones need to be able to handle bass well and the music being on loud without breaking after a couple of months like some do i.e. the apple headphones.

I found these but I thought I would come here to see what you guys recommend first.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennhe ... id=1224083944&sr=1-56

Edit: Forgot to say that the price of the headphones need to be between £20-£40

For the price range they appear to be good - made by a trusted and good company for sure. You could go more expensive by having them custom moulded for the shape of your ear - but then you'd be stepping into very expensive territory where you might as well be buying over ear headphones.

Quick search on the google brought me to a headphones forum. You might want to have a look around there.

EDIT - Or not.
Also see Shure E2C and SE210.

If you are buying Sennheiser make sure you buy them from a trusted source, i.e Play.com or Amazon not amazon market place, as there are alot of fakes around. I have some Sennheiser MX 550s still going strong.

Just bought some Sennheiser HD555. You cant really travel with them, but the quality and comfort is amazing! Im not overly into my music but even I can notice the difference in sound quality. A friend of mine who is really into his music said avoid the Bose headphones, reviews arent great either. They are relying on the badge for the hefty price tag.
#5 - sam93
Quote from Thunderhead :either koss the plug on the cheap side(only if they fit your ears..you'll have to test somewhere) or anything by shure on the expensive side. Those sennheisers are good too though.

I may go for the sennheisers because they sound good and from the reviews the sound quality and they seem to be able to handle bass well which is good for dance music.
Thunderhead beat me to it. Try listening to them as different people have different preferences and different headphones are better/worse with certain types of music.
#7 - Migz
VERY NICE

I got an iTouch(you while you sleep) saturday, and ive not been of it since. Its absolutely awesome. Only problem is the speakers kinda suck, not very loud if theres no silence.
Instead of getting some random headphones why dont you get the headphones made specifically for the itouch?

They would be great to get becasue they have buttons on the wire to change song and volume and pause ect. And it has a mic in them, so you can do voip using your itouch

If not then ive heard some headphones by a company called alien are the best on the market right now

Edit: Oh i forgot to mention that their are in ear headphones also made by apple with a built in sub or something, their very very good and also come with the buttons on the wire and the mic
#8 - sam93
Quote from Migz :VERY NICE

I got an iTouch(you while you sleep) saturday, and ive not been of it since. Its absolutely awesome. Only problem is the speakers kinda suck, not very loud if theres no silence.
Instead of getting some random headphones why dont you get the headphones made specifically for the itouch?

They would be great to get becasue they have buttons on the wire to change song and volume and pause ect. And it has a mic in them, so you can do voip using your itouch

If not then ive heard some headphones by a company called alien are the best on the market right now

Edit: Oh i forgot to mention that their are in ear headphones also made by apple with a built in sub or something, their very very good and also come with the buttons on the wire and the mic

Apple in-ear headphones are rubbish, people think they are good just because they are loud by the sound quality on them are rubbish. I will have a look around.
#9 - Migz
But theres also the fact that they make using the ipod touch so much easier.
When i wanna change song i have to take my ipod out my pocket which i have to do slowly as not to scratch it, then i have to press the wake button, then move the slider, then put a passcode in, then change song, then put it back to sleep, and slowly slide it back into my pocket.

The apple headphones mean i wouldnt have to do all that. And as a bonus i would be able to call people using my ipod touch.

Although maybe theres some great quality headphones with the ipod touch buttons on it?

Edit:
Quote from sam93 :People think they are good just because they are loud by the sound quality on them are rubbish.

Yeah but that will happen with most headphones, if you try to put them quite loud the sound will start distorting and crap.
Btw if you are getting good headphones then youd better have some high bitrate music lol.
Quote from Migz :if you try to put them quite loud the sound will start distorting and crap.

Usually distortion is caused by an amplifier being overdriven. But sometimes, on cheap headphones I guess it is possible for the cone to reach maximum excursion, thereby distorting the sound. That would actually make sense for in-ear headphones as there is not much room for excursion. Anyway, it's not good for you to turn your headphones up that high. I'd rather look like a dork, save my hearing, and wear noise canceling headphones.
#11 - MR_B
Believe it or not, but I have a set of headphones called "Shike"

And they're actually better than my Sony set, apart from the fact the wires inside are held with masking tape, and they used the worlds smallest amount of solder.
Sony MDR-EX 70
I use Creative EP-630's. They're very good, especially considering they only cost me €20.
Get the Sennheisers, but make sure they're from Amazon NOT the Marketplace to avoid fakes.

I have a set of in-ear Senn CX300s and they were well worth it. If you don't want to pay a premium for Shures, the only real choice is Sennheiser.

Quote :Just bought some Sennheiser HD555. You cant really travel with them, but the quality and comfort is amazing! Im not overly into my music but even I can notice the difference in sound quality.

I know what you mean, my 595s still blow me away every time I put them on.
I have Sennheiser HD202s. They were only $25, but they are good enough for me. The are better then the average in-ear headphones, I guess.
See here.

+1 for the CX300s
Hey dudes, I'm thinking on buying headphones (not in-ear ones) for my mp3 player, I need something around 30 USD to 50 USD, cheaper the better haha but something good...
Any suggestions? Ah and I might buy them myself on a store, so it'd be cool to know what I'll be looking for
Id never buy any in-ear headphones for more then 5 euros.
They are damaged with me after some months anyway, no matter how expensive they are.
Quote from Stefani24 :Id never buy any in-ear headphones for more then 5 euros.
They are damaged with me after some months anyway, no matter how expensive they are.

You'd damage your ears before you damage those Senns.
Quote from pb32000 :You'd damage your ears before you damage those Senns.

If it'd be that easy.i brake them one evry possible place they can brake even if I dont do it intentonially.
Skullcandy <---- very good headphones

Headphones
(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG