The online racing simulator
26th Febuary 60 Lap GP
(97 posts, closed, started )
26th Febuary 60 Lap GP
This next combinatin has been suggested by a few of my team members... so here is the next ATC 60 Lap GP.

Remember, Anybody can enter an ATC 60 Lap GP, as Long as they are Clean. That is all we ask.

Full Race Details Below:

Date: Sunday 26th Febuary
Time:
Open Qual: 19:45 GMT (15 minutes)
Race Start: 20:05 GMT
LFS Version: S2 (latest patch to date)

Server: ATC 60 Lap GP
Car: XF GTR
Track: Kyoto National Reverse

Enter the ATC GP

Rules:

We use some CRC Rules as guidelines. THESE ARE ONLY GUIDELINES but please try to follow them:

1. Incidents: If you hit another driver and gain a position advantage it is good sportsmanship to allow that driver to retake his position. We do not expect you to stop racing. Use your head, give some courtosy.

2. Defensive driving: Blocking is all part of a great race. You are allowed to block other drivers from passing you as long as:

(1) No deliberate contact is made

(2) the other driver is NOT beside you. If the driver is already beside you DO NOT force that driver off of the track.

3. Exiting pits: When exiting pits make sure that it is clear before you enter onto the racing line. Use of the track map and the look left & right keys/buttons is recommended. If cars are approaching, do NOT leave the pit lane unless you are fighting for position - Please do NOT cross the pit exit line when leaving the pits unless there is an obstruction that makes it impossible not to do so.

4. Re-entering track: If you go off the track in a race DO NOT reset the car or drive back onto the track. You could possibly ruin another race in progress. Again, you should use your map and look controls to see if anyone is coming. If you do re-enter the track safely but are too slow and drivers are getting closer behind you... drive off the racing line, or if necessary, pull off to the side of the track to give room.

5. Car Damage / Fuel: If your car gets severely damaged in an incident and you want to try and make it back to the pit lane, then, drive off the racing line to let faster cars past. If you run out of fuel get off the racing line as soon as possible or pit right away. We recommend that you turn your hazard lights on to let other players know you are a caution on the track (press 9 on your keyboard. 0 to turn them off).

6. Contact: Rubbing and tapping are all parts or everyday racing, so, this is allowed as long as it doesn't harm anyone's race or gain you an advantage. Due to occasional lag, small taps may cause a major crash, so be careful!

7. Race Rules: If you are being lapped by leaders please let them pass you, when it is safe do to so ( i.e. not in the middle of a chicane ), and as quickly as possible. You should be told by an on screen message if you are being lapped, the words “Blue Flag” will be displayed.

8. Pitting: Pitting can become dangerous if you do not pay attention. It is required that you drive in the 'pit lane' used to enter and exit the pits. Don't drive straight across every pit box, instead go to the furthest available pitbox. - This will allow more drivers to pit safely on the same lap(s)

9. Deliberate Corner Cutting: Deliberate Corner cutting is not liked. Please dont do it.

**NOTE: As this is not a CRC Event some of the above rules are flexible and are meant as guidelines only. We DO expect all participents to follow these guidelines as if the way you drove had consequences in real life.

If a driver who has entered the race is unable to attend on the day it is upto THAT DRIVER to find a replacement to drive for him and to let ATC Franky500 know about the change as soon as it is known. (e-mail: [email protected]). If the driver is unable to find a replacement then a reserve driver will be given the space.

All results and replays will be posted on the ATC Team website within 72 hours of the race. Please feel free to post your own race reports in a thread which will be provided on the day.

To enter the event please fill in the form HERE

Confirmed Drivers:

ATC Franky500
ATC Dadge
ATC Stoney
ATC Serpentine|M
ATC DrDink
ATC Bazzer|M
ATC Bandit
ATC Weed |M
ATC Alt-Ctrl
sccc|zeugnimod
sccc|prophet
sccc|tukko
sccc|ynot
sccc|rX
sccc|kshyhoo
sccc|Lake
TheAfro
R4RGentlefoot
HeerBommel
wu.Bandino
[XFR]Kleppa
4x4 freak
Pringles
#2 - dadge
Some people are saying that 60 laps at over 2 mins each is too long. I have to admit, I'll be stopping off for smokes - can't go that long without one!

Any chance of reducing to say 45 laps?
#4 - Vain
I can't attend this one because the race-preparation conflict with my test-preperations for studies, but I'd like to add that the racing-distance is good the way it is. It's not too long and not too short.

Vain
Quote from Vain :...the racing-distance is good the way it is. It's not too long and not too short.
Vain

:iagree:
Its even longer than a GP though!

TBO I don't mind too much - its just I noticed there were not many entries and when I asked a couple of people to join me they declined because they felt the race was too long.

No bother - I'll just roll up before quali and smoke while I'm driving lol

Good race serps the other nite, bet you were surprised to see me behind you! - cheers mate!
#7 - dadge
the 60 lap gp is meant to be an endurance race. once people ask for it to be shortened only means that the endurance part of the race works

a;so mate, don't think of it as 60 laps, brake it diwn into pit stops, 3 stops is 4 sets of 15 laps. 2 stops is 3 sets of 20 laps. once you get the wheels rolling they fly in
As I say mate - it don't bother me too much. But I'm a bit worried we'll end up with a small grid. Still, early days I guess. Plenty of time for more entries.
#9 - Vain
Just keep posting in the thread and as long as the thread stays on the "New Posts"-list more people will notice it .
No serious. These events are not a usual league. That's why there are fewer applicants in the beginning. People first take a look at the combo and then decide wether they like it.

Vain
The 60 Lap Gp's are only just coming back after many months hibination. Looking at the current rate i would expect a near full grid of entries.

cannot shortern the race though.. wouldnt be a 60 lap GP Then would it :P it has been suggested before.. but its just not what these races are about.

Its a simple fun race anybody can enter.. Just spread the word and i garuntee that some people will remember what the 60 lappers used to be like and will most likely give it another go.

ill see if i can find the old sets of results for a few races
Am practising ASTON GP atm. Would be nice to do 60 laps with the UF1000
aston gp in the uf1 would be like 2days per lap and i don't have 2 months handy
Quote from Gentlefoot :Some people are saying that 60 laps at over 2 mins each is too long. I have to admit, I'll be stopping off for smokes - can't go that long without one!

Any chance of reducing to say 45 laps?

1:51.xxx is the lap time you should drive on this track!
doubt it with hard tyres and heaavy fuel loads. The world record is 1:48.66. Usually I can get within about three seconds of a WR on a long circuit like this. But that would be light and running aggressive camber and pressures. I don't expect I'll be going much faster than 1:52.6 for most of the race.

Still, we split hairs

You joining us gogo?
so same sort of lengh as the Westhilll Reverse
Hey Franky
Have fun with this event mate. Hope you get a full grid, NASSA would join yah but we run the Tune up races for the OLFS on Sundays. I will try to make the next one and trade some paint with you.

Take care Big Guy.
Quote from Gentlefoot :
You joining us gogo?

I don't know yet. EAS Season has started. Depends on how fast I learn the LX6 on Aston Historic.
I tryed to enter the register page, didn't work though. Is the site down?

EDIT: Never mind the site work again and the form is filled in ..
Cool Cawwa. always nice to see new faces. Hope you will enjoy it.

14 entries so far.. 2 weeks untill race. If there ends up being enough racers. it could become our First S2 double server GP. which wuld be interesting
can i add that it is a good idea that everone who has entered into this race to try to get together and have a few short sprint races in this combo so that we can all get an idea of how we all drive and what to expect during the "main event" i say wednesday at 9pm uk time if you are up for it matbe we can hold this on a few days so that everyone gets a chance to pit their skills against each other.
Quote from dadge :can i add that it is a good idea that everone who has entered into this race to try to get together and have a few short sprint races in this combo so that we can all get an idea of how we all drive and what to expect during the "main event" i say wednesday at 9pm uk time if you are up for it matbe we can hold this on a few days so that everyone gets a chance to pit their skills against each other.

A very good idea imo ... ... If it's possible to make this an hour or two earlier it would suite me like my hand in my glove ...
I will be There,

I am a Noob (after Many PC Probs) but will get some Practice in and keep out the Way the best i can,

Any good Setup for endurance?

I am not the Best with Tires Bar the UF1000 and XF GTI so i get even slower for a Few Laps Cooling them down,

Will be doing my Best though and Cannot Wait for the Race,

I'm up for that Dadge
#24 - Vain
I had some twenty laps yesterday, nice combo, though a bit tricky (grip? anyone?). I'm propably in for the pre-race-meeting. But I still can't attend the feature race.

About the setup:
When I have the time I'll tweak my setup today for a two-stop-strategy. Then I'll put it online.

Vain
i am going for a slightly more aggressive strategy imo. i have done alot of laps on this trak and there is only one corner that i am having trouble with (when i say trouble i mean i only take a certain corner about 8mph too slow). this track is not as bad on the tyres as westhill was but it will still take alot of practice and a solid setup. if you want help give us a shout on the ATC gp ( www.atcteam.org )thread and i will try to upload a good setup.
This thread is closed

26th Febuary 60 Lap GP
(97 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG