The online racing simulator
Rallycross with JokerLap
(29 posts, started )
Rallycross with JokerLap
What do you think about adding to LFS Rallycross tracks JokerLap path? I think that races would be much more interesting.

Definition:
The principle of driving with Joker Lap is simple. At a certain section of the track there is an additional little bit longer track. During the race players will have to change route and go Joker Lap. It depends on strategy when the player will do this lap. Drivers may do it at any part of the race.
This brings to the race some strategic elements.
+1, could be interesting.

Not for all the tracks, but maybe for a specific RallyX new venue.
Why not also put a shorter way in a corner on the track (A long joker and a short one), which you can only take once, or risk a Stop-Go penalty for taking it another time.

I saw it on a Rallyx track in a forest where passing was very dangerous. It was put there for some more actions.
It's a multirepost but a good idea. However there would be a few more features to have "proper" Rallycross too - level line starts for six or so cars and dare I say an actual RX car.
Quote from duke_toaster :It's a multirepost but a good idea. However there would be a few more features to have "proper" Rallycross too - level line starts for six or so cars and dare I say an actual RX car.

+1, +1, +1 and +1.
I think it has already been done

I mean I already saw this on a rally cross server I went to!
Excellent idea!
i think its very good
cant see why this cant be done +1!
Very good idea +1!!
I have surprise for you. On airatack servers is layout with working joker lap.
Can you tell me then how to make a joker lap? I would be very gratefull.
+1 to this idea!
Go to "LFS Norge RX", there you will find a jokerlap system and more...

What we really need is shorter RX tracks...

~b
Quote from bluejudas :Go to "LFS Norge RX", there you will find a jokerlap system and more...

What we really need is shorter RX tracks...

~b

Even shorter than Rally-X Green?

(Ps. 1700th post =D)
Quote from Sponge :Even shorter than Rally-X Green?

(Ps. 1700th post =D)

around 1000 meter...
Green is 745 meter, so a bit longer....
But all other tracks are to long...
And there should be plenty of room to make different joker paths. Then its possible to make different configurations. The system on LFS Norge RX supports different layouts with a voting system so the drivers can vote.

~b
I am afraid that there would be no change in RallyCross tracks untli the S3 come out. We will see.

I think that RallyCross tracks are not so long, maybe only FE5 could be a bit shorter. Other tracks are fine for me.

Quote from 'bluejudas" : Go to "LFS Norge RX"

Thanks, now i know how to make a jokerlap.
Quote from SasekPL :I am afraid that there would be no change in RallyCross tracks untli the S3 come out. We will see.

Yes, you are probably correct...

Quote from SasekPL :
I think that RallyCross tracks are not so long, maybe only FE5 could be a bit shorter. Other tracks are fine for me.

I belive a real life RX track is about 800-2000 meter long...
An old mate and I have both bought S1, but we did not and do not plan to buy S2 as there is no incentive for RX fans due to there being no RX tracks in S2.

I hope the devs give us a reason to consider buying S3 or we will just have to hold on to the money instead (again). We'd love to have spent more of course, but there's literally nothing for us to spend it on. We don't have a sensible route to offer the game further financial support as things stand.

I suppose the moral of this tale is that back scratching is a two way street. We can't see any signs on-coming traffic as far as we have driven up that street to date though.

Still, we are happy driving S1 in spite of all that.
Basically its just 2 rx tracks... no one seems to likes fe5(r). And yes its not many, but still we have a lot of quality racing in the RX community. Obviously there should be more rx tracks, but the biggest problem in LFS is the "flying cars, crash bug". RX has a lot of close racing and if you add a bit of lag on-top of the "flying cars, crash bug" you sometime get a lot of mess :something
-1 for joker lap, worst thing ever to come into real life rallycross.
Quote from westfield bend :-1 for joker lap, worst thing ever to come into real life rallycross.

In my opinion it adds more flavour to the races. Otherwise it would be more like tennis...
Quote from Gekkibi :In my opinion it adds more flavour to the races. Otherwise it would be more like golf

Corrected. And "LFS Norge RX" Server 1 and 2 have already this Insim on use, i like it very much and it should be implemented in LFS by default so i agree with you.
Quote from EliteAti :Corrected. And "LFS Norge RX" Server 1 and 2 have already this Insim on use, i like it very much and it should be implemented in LFS by default so i agree with you.

LFS Norge RX2 is just a test/development server. LFS Norge RX is the place to go...
Quote from Gekkibi :In my opinion it adds more flavour to the races. Otherwise it would be more like tennis...

obviously not seen rallycross live before. then you would no the racing is by no means dull!! and the races are only 3 and a half laps (so you cant really get bored )
Quote from westfield bend :obviously not seen rallycross live before. then you would no the racing is by no means dull!! and the races are only 3 and a half laps (so you cant really get bored )

If we get native joker support it would be nice to be able to enable and disable jokerlap :P
But I prefers jokerlap, so on my RX server there will always be a jokerlap...
I hope new RX tracks has room for designing a jokerpath in different parts of the track, so that we can make different layouts for every track. This will make the (hopefully in the near future) new tracks flexible when you combine them with a joker enabled insim app like we are running in LFS Norge RX.

~b

Rallycross with JokerLap
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG