The online racing simulator
New Computer, What Dya Think?
(42 posts, started )
#1 - Migz
Got a new computer today
Deppressingly its not custom built as dabs decided to refuse my dad for a finance agreement at the last step. So me and my dad went to town and looked for some new computers.
Found the best one and bought it

Acer Aspire Predator:

Tbh it scares the crap out of me.
And its also HUGE(490mm Length X 430mm Height X 190mm Width)!!!
Me and my dad are going to try to take off all the panels so its just the basic case.

Specs:
2.4Ghz Intel Quad Core - The computer comes with a little programme where i can set it to automatically overclock the computer if the game/programme is using the quad cores at 100% or something like that, basically automatic overclocking!! XD

4GB Ram
Two 620mb Raid'ed Hard Drives
Two 9800GTX Sli'ed Graphics Cards

These are all off the top of my head as i cant get to the computer right now (we're hiding it from the mother) so some of the specs may be a lil off.

It doesn't seem too bad, what do you think?

Although i really would have preferred building it myself, least i get to put the wifi card in! Whooot.
#2 - CSU1
illepall...ehh, it's very imposing.

the flap and all looks kewl
#3 - Migz
Quote from CSU1 : it's very imposing.

Yeah it scared the bajeebas out of me when i saw it

Edit: Also i think its supercooled, it says so on the acer site, but the guy didn't mention anything about it in store.
#4 - J@tko
Quote from Migz :
Although i really would have preferred building it myself, least i get to put the wifi card in! Whooot.

You're easily amused
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
#5 - Migz
Quote from J@tko :You're easily amused

Nah its the fact i get to open up that huge monster and look inside it, then fiddle with it.

YEAH THATS RIGHT IM GOING TO HAVE FOREPLAY WITH A MONSTER!

Quote from speedway :i think the weirdly looking front panel opening mechanism will break...sooner or later

Yeah because we will take it off then smash it up
#6 - J@tko
Quote from Migz :Nah its the fact i get to open up that huge monster and look inside it, then fiddle with it.

YEAH THATS RIGHT IM GOING TO HAVE FOREPLAY WITH A MONSTER!

My previous comment still holds true then
#7 - Migz
Fine, its true
Tbh i spent about 2 minutes just lifting the flap up and down
-
(speedway) DELETED by speedway
#8 - Migz
Noooo?
Every computer i've ever seen up until now was pretty small compared to that.
I'll swap u my case for yours if you don't want it. mine fits a 9800 in it so you should be alright.

Nice case tho
I like it, looks nice.....looks expensive.

It's not big, around the same size as the Antec 900 (a little longer I think) normal size I'd say.

I wouldn't take anything off, unless it’s a nice case on the inside.
#11 - Jakg
Quote from Migz :
And its also HUGE(490mm Length X 430mm Height X 190mm Width)!!!

That's tiny?

My case is bigger in every way and frankly even then it's still waaaaay to small for me... L540 x W198 x H458 mm
dam that looks sweeeeeeeeeeeet :P

ill take the case if you dont want it, ill exchage for a cardboard box and ill pay the postage ?

oh and "Two 620mb Raid'ed Hard Drives" aint that like enough for windows 3.2 and a copy of LFS ? :S
#13 - Migz
Oh right well ive never seen a decent computer.
Only school computers and laptops.

Hmm if its quite small compared to most cases then i think ill stick with it :d screw a box.

And WHOOPS! I meant 620GB.
You me lad are a very lucky young boy !

But ! do you maybe think the 25% of the price u paid
for that PC is for the case ( nice as it is , only u get to look at it )

Call me a pecker and cover me in honey , but surly a plain case
with 25% better internals would be the smarter choice ?

still nice case m8 ...

And what did it cost? £1500-1800?
#15 - Migz
Quote from DoC_uk :You me lad are a very lucky young boy !

But ! do you maybe think the 25% of the price u paid
for that PC is for the case ( nice as it is , only u get to look at it )

Call me a pecker and cover me in honey , but surly a plain case
with 25% better internals would be the smarter choice ?

still nice case m8 ...

And what did it cost? £1500-1800?

I dont think 25% is in the case, it wouldnt have cost that much to make.
Perhaps 15-20%

It cost £1699

And its come free with an ugly big keyboard. Which for some reason has "extra" F buttons, but instead of it being F, their G.
No clue why.
mate im sorry but youve been conned. you havent bought a computer but a...transformer!
#17 - Migz
Quote from styles 1991 :mate im sorry but youve been conned. you havent bought a computer but a...transformer!

Haha.
If that was true I'd be even more happy about it!
that case looks nice
Is it just me who thinks it looks like Wall-E?

Really, nice buy though. Envy much
Very nice PC, although you got ripped off massively. I don't like making people regret something good, but the same could have been built for around 900 pounds less. That case is awesome though.
#22 - Migz
Quote from h3adbang3r :Very nice PC, although you got ripped off massively. I don't like making people regret something good, but the same could have been built for around 900 pounds less. That case is awesome though.

I know, but we couldnt build anything because we dont have the money to pay all at once. We have to pay over 12 months or more, else we cant get anything.

We finally put it in my lounge today and the COCK at the store forgot to tell us that the DVI to HDMI adapter doesnt come with the computer, it comes witht he screen if you buy the screen, which we didnt.

He also forgot to mention that the wifi card we bought to fit wont fit either!

We opened it up and broke the warrenty oops.
And noticed its water cooled so thats good.
And in the front it has a little door which we can open and fit in 2 extra ( we already have 2 fitted) optical harddrives very easily.

Im just waiting for my dad to get back sometime today from the shop with the DVI to HDMI adapter to have some fun
Sorry, but..

Quote from Migz :I know, but we couldnt build anything because we dont have the money to pay all at once. We have to pay over 12 months or more, else we cant get anything.

I was always taught: no money = no spending.

Oh well I wish I had such an awesome pc.
Quote from Migz :I know, but we couldnt build anything because we dont have the money to pay all at once. We have to pay over 12 months or more, else we cant get anything.

Wait: you didn't have the money, so you spent MORE on a preassembled PC?
#25 - Migz
Yeah
Bad i know, but mehh. I have a pretty cool computer so i couldnt care

I booted it up about 3 hours ago and since then i spent about an hour in total fiddling with the resolutions because 1920x1080 wouldnt perfectly fit my tv , i then realised theres an option to change the size of the acctual screen.

Then about 20 minutes wondering why the sound wont work and then blaming it on the fact DVI probably doenst output sound, since then ive realised that the tv is plugged into the graphics cards, and iirc graphics cards dont do sound

And then the rest of the time has been spent connecting the computer to my new laptop so it can get onto the internet, and installing anti virus's and uninstalling some crap ti comes with.

Im going to run lfs soon and see just how high the fps is at full graphics and 18x AA

Edit: Ive just run lfs at full graphics, 18x AA 16X AF + A bunch of high quality mods to lfs and i get about 150 fps at 1920x1080.
and it looks GORGEUOS!

(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG