The online racing simulator
LFS UK Karting Meet 2009
Past LFS meetings:

1. Karting 2005: details / afterwards (thanks to Shaun)
2. Karting 2006: details / afterwards (thanks to Will / Tristan)
3. Race-sim centre 2007: details / afterwards (thanks to Bob Smith)
4. Karting 2008: details / afterwards (thanks again to Bob Smith)

After the last event, people suggested that we organise the next event in Wales.

Pictures and Video's from this years event
Passo's Video Of Event on youtube

Event Info

The venue: G-Force Karting Map & Directions My house

The karts: 200 cc karts, up to 10 on track at once

The event:
We have the whole track to ourselves the entire day, so when we have the numbers we can work out any format we like

The date:
July 25th Poll

The time:
10am (11am race start) to 5pm

The cost:
Approx £40-£55, deposit to be paid up front

There is a LFS flickr group here - http://www.flickr.com/groups/lfs/

Other Event details

The track is very close to my house. For those who want to stay at mine, you are welcome. You can even pitch up tents in my garden if you want, I have plenty of space. I could probably accomodate around 20 in my house and more if you brought tents, you would just need to bring a sleeping bag. Also we can have a proper party type thing after the karting. I have a Full size pool table, Wii, lots of PC's (with LFS of course), projector and of course there will be plenty of beer and a BBQ.. I will even set up a Gazeebo thingy outside, so it should be good fun. I would want £15 each for food and beer if you stay at mine.

For those not wanting to stay at mine, there are plenty of cheap hotels close to the karting.

Please post comments and interest here

Confirmed

1. * pswillies (£40)
2. * jasonmatthews
3. * ferret (£55)
4. * felplacerad (£55)
5. * nihil (£55)
6. * danthebangerboy (£55)
7. * Nick A (£55)
8. * count.bazley (£55)
9. * Mackie The Staggie (£55)
10. * adamlfs (£55)
11. * Bob Smith (£70)
12. * brood (£55)
13. * macker (£40)
14. * kayjay (£55)
15. * mp3 astra (£55)
16. * Joe_Keaveney (£55)
17. * nigelpm (£55)
18. * boothy (£55)
19. * [SR] Keith (£40)
20. * tongey (£55)
21. * jasonl220 (£55)
22. * jason's dad (£55)
23. * dru (£55)
24. * kiyoshi (£55)
25. * becky rose (£55)
26. franky500 (£55)
27. mcgas001 (£30)
28. * Victor (£55)
29. [SR] Pablo (£55)
30. [SR] Pete
31. krslim

breadc - BBQ

Just thought I would post my plan for the weekend. I know we have one by Mark for the Karting but I thought it would help to also show you what I have planned for the rest of the weekend

Friday

16:05 - Pick up Mackie the Staggie from Abergavenny Station

16:20 or 17:20 - Pick up Franky500 from Llanhilleth Station

18:14 - Pick up Boothy from Abergavenny Station

19:05 - Pick up CountBazley from Abergavenny Station

People will be arriving by car all day up until early evening.

So friday will be about taking all the arrivals. There will be snacks and sandwiches etc for the day, then I think we should order take out (chinese/kebabs/pizza's etc) for the evening. We should go over the team pairings also then.

Activities - Pool, Darts, Wii, LFS, cards, chess, getting to know eachother, drinking, eating etc...

11pm to 1am sleep (we need to be up early!)

Saturday

07:00-08:15 Get up, shower and get ready, coffee!! (4 bathrooms so we should be ok)
08:15-9:15 Breakfast at the local Cafe.
9:15-18:00 Karting See below

10:00 - 10:30 Arrive at site
10:30 - 11:00 Kitting out and briefing.
11.00 - 11.30 Practice (10 mins each)
11.45 - 12.45 Mini Endurance - 1 hour race (1 x 20 minute stint each)
12.45 - 13.00 Break
13.00 - 16.00 Main Endurance race - 3 hours race (2 x 30 minute stints each)
16.00 - 17.00 Individual Sprint Races (3 x 10 minute heats with a 10 minute final)
17.00 - Whenever - back to Jason's for those staying the evening.

Note : we will be using the practice session at the start to not only familiarise ourselves with the track, but also check the karts out. Each driver will get a chance to see if their kart is either faulty or slow, any problems can be rectified by pulling in to the pits and telling the marshall. They can then take the kart to the mechanic, who will fix it. We have been assured that the karts are all in good order, but you know how these things work, there's always one kart that runs like a pig!!

18:00-19:00 Showers/change clothes etc
19:00 onwards will be BBQ, watching IGTC (maybe we can get some people to talk on the live stream) and PARTY!!
[B][U]
[B][U]
Sunday[/U][/B]

I have bought plenty of cereal and orange juice so that should send you home OK

[B][U]House Rules[/U][/B]

Smoking is allowed downstairs, but no smoking upstairs at all, and also no shoes upstairs. There is a bathroom (if I finish it in time :P) downstairs so it shouldn't be a problem. There will be a fridge and freezer outside in the marquee so hopefully we shouldn't need to go to the kitchen side of the house too much on the Saturday.

I have 6.5 mbs wireless internet and have taken my password off for the weekend and a HUGE (300 GB) limit so if anyone wants to bring laptops etc they are welcome to use my connection. I also have 4 ethernet ports spare for those without wireless.

[B][U]Flickr[/U][/B]

There is a LFS flickr group here - http://www.flickr.com/groups/lfs/

I have setup an account for you to use to upload photos and videos, the account id is - lfskart and the password is kartmeet

Photo's from the event will be uploaded to here throughout the weekend so those not attending can follow us

(Obviously please other people please don't start putting crap in there and using our 100mb allowance, this is for the community so don't take the piss)

[B][U]The results[/U][/B]

[U]Race 1 (mini endurance)[/U]

1. [SR] Mark, [SR] Keith, [SR] Turkey - 107 laps
2. Adamlfs, Dru, Boothy - 106 laps
3. Passo, Mackie the staggie, Count.bazley - 106 laps
4. Nihil, Brood, [SR] Kiyoshi - 104 laps
5. Bob Smith, Joe Keaveney, Franky500 - 103 laps
6. [SR] KayJay, [SR] Paul, [SR] Tongey - 102 laps
7. NickA, Nigelpm, Pswillies - 102 laps
8. Becky Rose, [SR] J.Lovett, danthebangerman - 101 laps
9. Victor, Felplacerad, Andrew - 100 laps
10. Macker, [SR] Pete, krslim, mcgas001 - 99 laps

[U]Race 2 (full endurance)[/U]

1. NickA, Nigelpm, Pswillies - 285 laps
2. Passo, Mackie the staggie, Count.bazley - 282 laps
3. [SR] KayJay, [SR] Paul, [SR] Tongey - 280 laps
4. [SR] Mark, [SR] Keith, [SR] Turkey - 279 laps
5. Bob Smith, Joe Keaveney, Franky500 - 278 laps
6. Adamlfs, Dru, Boothy - 278 laps
7. Victor, Felplacerad, Andrew - 276 laps
8. Nihil, Brood, [SR] Kiyoshi - 273 laps
9. Macker, [SR] Pete, krslim, mcgas001 - 271 laps
10. Becky Rose, [SR] J.Lovett, danthebangerman - 270 laps
#2 - need
Sign me up
Camping sounds good to me.
Although way to early to confirm 100%, I would imagine I'm almost guaranteed to be there.....it's further to travel for me, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

btw dibs i do no cooking, last time I used a BBQ the local Fire Brigade had a good outing.
#4 - Gil07
I will do my best to be there, but don't take that too seriously

Also if I do come, I don't think anyone would be stupid enough to have me as teammate
Sign me up (and I'll ask my brother - jk23 from the 2008 meet -if he's up for it again)

Thanks for the work you're putting in Jason!
Waaaaaay too early to confirm for me, however It could be possible for me!

Is'nt that LLandow? If so I might be racing there in a karting championship next year
Thank my brother Mark aswell. He is the poor sod who is dealing with the Kart centre, and it was all you guys who came up with the idea, we had no choice

@ Monty, yes it is Llandow, a well known karting track that everyone who has been there loves!
Sign me up, looks great.
Mackie, James or need. (sorry I missed you :P)

Team Scotland?
Put me down, hopefully I can get purmissions to go
Good golly, I live on the wrong side of the world (yet again)... Looks like I'll miss a grand 'old time. So everyone over there make it happen, sounds like a blast.
Depending on how many go etc, the cost might include all beer, food & camping. It is too early for us to know yet how much exactly it will all be, but we are happy to buy a shed load of beer & burgers (veggie for becky) beforehand.
I am down as a 70% yes and 30% no, too dly for me to decide, but yea sounds awsome
WOW, Wales is going to get invaded by the Scottish, feels like the 6 nations all over again
#15 - Weed
As with the other guys obviously can't confirm 100% but i'd definatly be up for this one

put me down.
Quote from jasonmatthews :WOW, Wales is going to get invaded by the Scottish, feels like the 6 nations all over again

haha should be good fun
Thanks all, pleasantly surprised already by the amount interested. Obviously this atm is just to get an idea of the numbers we need to take to the kart centre, so no obligations (yet).
Quote from jasonmatthews :WOW, Wales is going to get invaded by the Scottish, feels like the 6 nations all over again

Don't worry, we will offer an alliance as long as we team up with the Irish to take on the English
I don't think there will be much room for non-SRs
Quote from Gil07 :I don't think there will be much room for non-SRs

lol

Well if we get a big number interested then we can either make the endurance race last longer or the teams a bit bigger, which will obviously be even cheaper
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Don't worry, we will offer an alliance as long as we team up with the Irish to take on the English

It's a deal then

What's the story with under 18's? Are we allowed go, and/or stay at the camp site?

E: I'm lost as to how I'd get there. Neither Ryanair nor Aer Lingus fly from Shannon/Cork to Cardiff. Ryanair does fly to East Midlands, that's about as close as they'll go. Aer Lingus will fly from Dublin to Cardiff, but it's a 3 hour journey form Shannon (where I am) to Dublin, which I can't do, due to not having a car...And I'm too poor to spend €400 on a taxi to Dublin, or the same from East Midlands to Cardiff. Anybody know of any English operators going Shannon to Cardiff and vice-versa? I've not had to organise flights before (always been the domain of the parents) so I'm a bit confused atm
Quote :veggie for becky

hey, imma meat eater! Vegetarians are persecuting the plants to spare the cute fluffy animals, I dont hold with that! I do like my spirits over beer though ;p...

I think for me my days of pitching tent in a field are over, I need facilities, maids on standby, and room service! I'll think about it though, and decide nearer the time. Have you any idea yet when abouts in the year you are likely to run this?
See now this is where things look all rosy and positive and 200 people say they'll go, then you'll ask for money and suddenly your list is down to seven...

Anyway, enough pessimism - consider me there unless something stops me.
Quote from dougie-lampkin :It's a deal then

What's the story with under 18's? Are we allowed go, and/or stay at the camp site?

E: I'm lost as to how I'd get there. Neither Ryanair nor Aer Lingus fly from Shannon/Cork to Cardiff. Ryanair does fly to East Midlands, that's about as close as they'll go. Aer Lingus will fly from Dublin to Cardiff, but it's a 3 hour journey form Shannon (where I am) to Dublin, which I can't do, due to not having a car...And I'm too poor to spend €400 on a taxi to Dublin, or the same from East Midlands to Cardiff. Anybody know of any English operators going Shannon to Cardiff and vice-versa? I've not had to organise flights before (always been the domain of the parents) so I'm a bit confused atm

You could try Bristol (and then swim over to Cardiff).
Quote from dougie-lampkin :It's a deal then

Yea so what is the deal with under 18's?

LFS UK Karting Meet 2009
(652 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG