The online racing simulator
Digital Lag?
(13 posts, started )
Digital Lag?
Hi all!

Shouldn't the digital speed'o be a little "laggy"? Shouldn't the digital speed'o only update like once every 3/5 of a second (just made up random number) I have driven a gsxr and that thing will jump like 10mph at a time under hard acceleration, and Jetskis with digital tach are the same.. But I don't know cars may be different.

Just an idea.
-
Thanks
ßõw§èr¥ö
#2 - Jakg
I know this doesn't help, but my bike does the same thing (at almost random intervals) as it steps up through the speed range.
I use analogue gauges, which allow you to use a low latency (1 ms) by tweaking the cfg.txt line.
It's more accurate (there's like no lag at all on diplayed speeds).

Don't know about the outgauge latency for in-game digital meter.

Maybe a feature(?)..
Yup, our Picasso's speedo updates every second, and our Yaris updates every half second (I think...). Not a major thing, but it would be nice for realism's sake...

+1
Quote :our Picasso's speedo updates every second

Look for old Twingo's one... its worst :schwitz& really inaccurate)...
The speedo's on the GTR's that have them are made to update very quickly, no?
The MODs generally don't comment on threads like these? I'm sure they are busy with more important matters but I'm just wondering what they think about it.

Thanks..
No idea if it's the same principle ( ) but my mountain bike's speedo updates about once a second too...
i don't spend much time looking at gauges
Quote from BowserYo :The MODs generally don't comment on threads like these? I'm sure they are busy with more important matters but I'm just wondering what they think about it.

Thanks..

The mods help police the forum and post their own stuff, they are not the ones that made or help make the game.
Quote :The mods help police the forum and post their own stuff, they are not the ones that made or help make the game.

Oh for some reason I was thinking that Dev's were the mods...
Quote from BowserYo :Oh for some reason I was thinking that Dev's were the mods...

Almost replace.... the m with a g
Very original.

As far as the actual suggestion goes - yeah, I've thought of this myself before, but that last thing I'd do is ask for the readouts we get in LFS to be as appalling as the ones usually used in real life! The one thing that puts me off digital speedos (apart from being decidedly old-school in my thinking on car mechanics) is the fact that they're always ten steps behind. Annoys the hell out of me, and, for that matter, everyone else I can think of.

Formula 1 shows us it's perfectly possible to have a decent digital speedo, so let's just happily assume that's what we've put in our GTRs too. Let's face it, we're hardly going to be throwing out an analogue speedo to replace it with a clunky, laggy digital road-car one, are we?

Sam

Digital Lag?
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG